All reviews outdoor bathtub the penthouse tuk tuk polished concrete floors the salt water pool an oasis pool area is boutique hotel russian market ceiling fan busy city beautiful pool comfortable rooms three nights the hustle and bustle small hotel quiet street
Reviewed 23 December 2013

Phnom Phen is not my favourite city but nightlife is good and people are wonderful. This resort is a bit of an expat haven, many NGOs and embassies in the vicinity and at weekend they are all at the pool area. No problem but I found the pool a little too open and close to the dining area so everybody could observe the ones relaxing or swimming... To me I like to have more privacy but this is a city resort so I could have known that beforehand. Maybe because I was not a regular visitor or expat, I found service a bit unpersonal and at night for example after 10 or 11 PM they really locked the resort with a huge iron gate with multiple locks on it. One night it was very hard to wake the duty guard as they are sleeping then. Then he had to go and look for the keys it really took like 10 minutes before I could enter the resort.... Is that not a little exxagerated... Rooms are very nice, have the usual stains of brown rain marks on the withe walls and of the marks caused by rubbing the luggage at the walls. But overall it is clean. Gorgeous food and also very nice the bath tub in nature stone on the rooms balcony if you take the superior rooms. Then sitting int he cold water with the sun in the face feels so much better than sitting at the pool donwstairs without any privacy. I would not go naked due to respect for the Khmer neighbours as everybody in that house can see what you are doing. It is a noisy city and that also reflects on the resort during the day. Of course overall i was very happy with my stay but it seems like there are so many reviewers who dont want to say anything critival bout the resort as I think it definitely has but I am sure the team will take it seriously. They also did not do my wake up call when leaving to Sihanoukville even after checking three times.... Design is beautiful and is for me a mix between Miami style and Sri Lankan modern style. Prices are ok.

Room Tip: take a room with balcony and bath !
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 21 December 2013

We liked this place. The staff is very kind and competent, the food is delicious (breakfast+dinner), the rooms are well equipped with a minimalist touch. My only regret is that the construction work next door was at bit too noisy for my taste. When you enter a place like thisyou want/need a break from the city chaos. Not much the management can do about it. Would recommend Rambutan Resort in 2 months when hotel next door should be in the final stage of construction.

Room Tip: As far away from the street possible
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank fantasia112
Reviewed 19 December 2013

The location is really good for business person as it's the central of the city. The hotel will provide u the feeling of home and the staffs will fulfill the feeling of home by their attitude like a family.
This s my first time to Cambodia and to be honest I was more impress with hotel than a city itself.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 10 December 2013

I really enjoyed my 4 nights here. It's a stylish and comfortable place, with a lot of thought put into the design. Everything was spotlessly clean and the staff were very friendly and helpful with every request. Breakfast choices were great too. My only quibbles were (1) no hot water on my last morning and (2) the ceiling fan motor was quite noisy for sleeping. But I'm sure these are temporary issues that wouldn't stop me coming back again.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Ray_R0b
Reviewed 9 December 2013

The Rambutan is a very well designed new hotel located in the bussiness and NGO area of Phnom Penh and just far enough away from the banks of the Mekong river not to be bothered by everything that is going on there. Staff is well versed in several languages and helpful and attentive. The rooms are spacious and have a great wall to wall wooden desk for all your paperwork and computer stuff, should you want to write or work. The Rambutan is a bit like a little village where everybody seems to know everybody, even they don't, but somehow the place is set up or encouraging to engage with other guests and staff in chit-chat about everything you can think about. They have a great massage facility on the top floor, with different types of massage and a professional masseur and absolutely no hanky-panky business. That was a great experience for a change. There is a in-house open kitchen so you can see what they are preparing while you check out their cocktails or take a plunge in the blue pool, or both. Great place, good value, good quality, nice guests, nice staff, and just very nice to be. i could have stayed there much longer, with getting bored or the feeling that it's time to move on.

Room Tip: I had a room on the first floor in the far end which was a bit tucked away in the back and very quiet -- no pool view but then again no pool noises, which is nice if you want to work or concentrate
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo