“Great for relaxing, meeting friends, or a business meeting”
Review of Brown

Brown
Ranked #13 of 96 Coffee & Tea in Phnom Penh
Reviewed 21 May 2017 via mobile

There are a few Browns around town. I have been in two of them and like them both. The staff are friendly. The surroundings are relaxing and quiet. It is suitable for studying and for business meetings.

Date of visit: May 2017

Reviewed 2 February 2017

The Brown Cafe and Bakery brand is one of excellence in Cambodia and this one was no exception. Possibly one of the older venues it still presented the excellent service great food and coffee and its yet again demonstrated its great consistency of high quality in all areas no matter which Brown cafe you choose. Perhaps not as funky as some of the newer Brown cafes but just as good. Love this brand.

Date of visit: January 2017
1  Thank bruttiboy
Reviewed 22 September 2016 via mobile

Good Starbucks style coffee shop but with full wait service in the sit down area. I had an iced cappuccino and a brownie which was delicious. Very expensive for Cambodia.

Date of visit: September 2016
1  Thank tangojohnDallas
Reviewed 17 September 2016 via mobile

A good place for quick meal while enjoying nice coffee at the same time. Nevertheless the Brown in Aeon mall is too packed and crowded so I tend to avoid visit this branch during day time.

Date of visit: September 2016
Reviewed 27 November 2015

I was a bit reticent about going to Brown, as it seems to be the Khmer equivalent of Starbucks - slick, modern and yes the one I went to had a clone right across the road, not even one building separating them lol

But I read an online review saying their breakfast food is good and prices reasonable so I thought I'd give it a try. Walking in, the pace itself was spacious and had a very relaxed atmosphere. Many of the patrons clearly intended on spending a good hour or two relaxing there.

Ordering food seemed reasonably easy but I was told they had no breakfast sausage which was part of the dish I ordered. I tried to ask them to substitute something else, but he didn't understand the concept (which is fair enough, I didn't understand his Khmer). So I ordered an alternative and went to my table and waited.

I had to ask a waiter to clean my table which had milk spilled on it, and he did so with a napkin rather than cleaning it with a wet cloth. My mango smoothie arrived reasonably quickly but I had to wait quite a while for my food. The place was busy but none of the staff seemed rushed, many hanging around so not sure why the delay.

The food seemed small when it arrived, but that's quite typical for portions in Cambodia (and is probably helping me keep the belly size down lol). It also contained the near-legendary breakfast sausage that I was told the had run out of, so I reckon I was given my original order not the replacement. It tasted great and along with the smoothie was enough to be filling, but I'm sure there would be mornings that something else would be needed to fill the gap.

Any complaints were reasonably minor, and free wifi entertained me for the wait which was a bit too long in the circumstances. Still, nothing major, good food and I would happily return.

Date of visit: November 2015