“A disappointment for us”
Review of The Lost Room

The Lost Room
Ranked #28 of 1,709 Restaurants in Phnom Penh
Price range: US$ 4 - US$ 12
Cuisines: European
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: 'Once was Lost but now Found' Our menu features small to medium plates of good quality & interactive ingredients that are meant for sharing in a 'dinner party' style. We would like our customers to 'graze', share and expand their taste sensations. Australian imported Lamb & Kangaroo, Pork Belly, Fish & Fusion dishes are available. Global wine selections offer many by the Glass. Our Location a bit off the "beaten track" ergo the Lost Room Please call for directions & bookings are welcomed as we are a small venue. Air Con Non-smoking inside and out side seating for those in need.Credit Cards are not accepted at this stage. Mr P tuk driver is generally available. Please come & find The Lost Room...
Reviewed 12 July 2018

in view of the rave reviews from other guests. We will give them the benefit of the doubt; we may have caught a bad day. We ordered the duck and the eggplant. The duck was tough and lacked any particular taste, ditto the baked stuffed aubergine which came with a tasteless pesto and tomato topping. The portions are small as the owner pointed out so that guests can share several dishes. The prices are ok if the food tasted any better; only the wine at $5 for a glass of Pinot Noir was on the high side. I guess it is sort of an attempt at fusion cuisine. The 2 dishes we tried certainly didn't live up to expectations in terms of deliciousness. We were in France recently and would venture they wouldn't stand a chance there.

Reviewed 7 July 2018

Fantastic little spot down a backend street. Great food and cocktails and brilliant service. Highly recommend!

Reviewed 20 May 2018

When I lived in Phnom Penh I used to dine here regularly as the menu was interesting, the food was cooked perfectly and the wines were great too. I recently returned to Cambodia and again dined at the Lost Room - it was as good as I remembered - Probably my favourite restaurant in PP!

Reviewed 12 April 2018

We enjoyed this hidden gen of the capital relly much. It might not be so easy to find, but is so worth it! Everything was delicious. We had a selection of best quality starters (loved the falafels, feta patties, springrolls, carrots in cheese, etc) We also tried the exquisite ribs and I was so happy to finally find a taste of home in Asia - so yummy! Cocktails and desserts at the end ensured us that we're in a right place for food lovers and thanks to the great service as well we left really happy. Definitely worth a try it if you're in Phnom Penh!

1  Thank Ka L
residentw, Owner at The Lost Room, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2018

Hi 'hidden gem' is what we try to achieve! It's pretty easy to find us between Aeon Mall & Wat Svay Propey...but
understand that the 'back street' feel could be a little daunting for some! Our 'starter platter' is very popular with
guests; it showcases several different dishes all on one platter....a good way to get the taste buds stimulated for more!
Thank you for writing your review & choosing The Lost Room Restaurant & Bar in Phnom Penh.

Reviewed 4 April 2018

As your tuk-tuk wends it way through alleys you might wonder where you are headed... No worries, you are in for a treat. The menu offers a lovely array of small plates, with inventive items and a nice wine list. I enjoyed little feta pancakes topped with roasted pepper; my companion raved abut the pork belly. As a gluten-free vegetarian, I'm not always easy to feed, but here I was spoiled for choice--lots of great options. I left wishing that this restaurant were in my neighborhood! Don't miss it.