“Great food, service and vfm”

Anise Restaurant, Phnom Penh
Ranked #71 of 1,733 Restaurants in Phnom Penh
Price range: US$ 4 - US$ 15
Cuisines: Asian, Cambodian, International
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Wholesome and delicious Southeast Asian and Western food served in a lovely and lush garden terrace setting or in-door a/c dining room. The family, returning Cambodians from France and the United States, who owns and manages this restaurant takes pride in creating an atmosphere as close to home as you will find outside of your own dining room. Loyal expatriate following and consistently great reviews from customers. Free wifi.
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Nice air con. Varied menu. Had chicken corden bleu and very good. Adequate wine list and service. Best yet in PP and not expensive.

Reviewed 22 March 2018 via mobile

The ambience outside on the terrace is lovely and quite romantic but it would suit groups of families and friends too. Business dinners and meetings could easily be conducted inside.

The service was wonderful. The staff are very well trained and can't be faulted. They are attentive but not overbearing, polite but don't fawn, friendly but distanced. When you need a member of waiting staff, one doesn't wait any length of time before you have their attention.

The food is really good. I ordered two starters instead of a starter and a main. My husband ordered a starter and a main. The portions were a very good size. I certainly didn't need any more than that. I left very full.

The dumplings on the starter menu are super delicious!

My Husband ordered a Long Island Ice Tea cocktail and I had a glass of Chardonnay, which was very nice.

Cost was about USD$10 per head. I think it was good value especially considering the portion sizes.

Recommended.

Reviewed 20 March 2018

I've stayed at this beautiful place a few times when I have visited Cambodia and have always found it to be accommodating and comfortable. It's very reasonably priced and sometimes they will give a discount.

Reviewed 19 March 2018 via mobile

I had dinner. I had beef lak lok with brown rice, very tasty and good portion. The service was very good and the restaurant has a very nice feeling. The lemongrass tea was delicious with fresh lemongrass. I like to go back.

Reviewed 16 March 2018

The restaurant is wonderful for Kmer food ... we love eating local food when we travel. Ate here 3 nights in a row - Fish Amok, which I think was their signature dish, was just superb. I made a note in my diary that it was the best meal I'd eaten in 3 weeks holiday. We also enjoyed the pork dumplings, ordered them 2 nights they were so good.
Breakfast was very hearty and included in our room rate.
They also have a good selection of wines and also wine by the glass which was very good. You certainly won't be disappointed dining here, it's worth making a special trip for their Kmer food and dining in the wrap-around verandah.