“Wine and Sushi”
Review of Yumi - CLOSED

Yumi
Price range: US$ 5 - US$ 15
Cuisines: Asian
Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly, Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Yumi is an Asian restaurant located in BKK1, Phnom Penh. Yumi serves a range of Asian tapas including fresh seafood and meats cooked on a yakitori grill in relaxed, stylish surroundings. Yumi boasts twice-daily changing menus using fresh local ingredients cooked by one of London’s top chefs and a bar for sakes, cocktails and wines from our impressive list.
Reviewed 22 November 2013

I go to Yumi after reading reviews on Tripadvisor. Yumi is small so it

s not easy to find here. Food is not good except for sushi. However, I

like bar and dessert more. There are a lot of wine in menu for each dish.

Although Yumi is small and busy ,service is professional and staffs

are friendly, speak great English. It is small size, lovely décor and seat

outside is best choice. Price s not cheap, reasonable for visitors but

expensive for Cambodian. I think Yumi is a best choice if you come to

Phnom Penh.

Reviewed 19 November 2013

In my opinion Yumi is one of the best places to eat out in Phnom Penh. At the third day of my trip there, I and my friends decided to have dinner in a modern restaurant and we chose Yumi.
The staff are friendly and service is very professional.
I think we all agreed the best was the dessert. The tempura, fried snapper and pumpkin gyoza were good too and we had second orders of all. My friend's kids even asked to have two sets of ribs and tiger roll which seemed to be very delicious. At the end of that small party, we ordered Banoffee and Chocolate Pudding and absolutely satisfied with them.
t's a little hard to spot from the street but the softly lit sign on the sidewalk does a good job of relaying the atmosphere you will find inside. Go in, take a seat, and prepare for a pleasing experience for more travelers.

Reviewed 10 November 2013

I have been here a few times and the food has always been excellent. Hard to get a table sometimes if you don't book in advance for dinner. Will come back.

Reviewed 29 July 2013

The place is tiny and tucked away but worth your palate! Yes, it's all fusion dishes so don't expect a FULL plate. However, the food are exceptionally prepared well and very rich and delicious. So, I went home with a "full" stomach in disguise because the richness and experience was very "filling"! :-)

Reviewed 29 July 2013

From the looks of it, it didn't stand out as a place that could provide gourmet style food...but it really did! Our group of 12 ordered a large sampling of nearly everything on the menu and every item was, without fail, pleasing. Of note were the ribs and Calamari. Staff was just so nice and helpful and spoke great English. So good we actually went back the very next night (which we NEVER do while traveling). Will need mosquito repellent if sitting outside.