“Best Amok I've had in Cambodia”
Review of Khmer Surin

Khmer Surin
Ranked #58 of 1,485 Restaurants in Phnom Penh
Cuisines: Cambodian
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Khmer Surin has the best amok I've tried in all of Cambodia. I've tried many others all over the country trying to find better and haven't been able to. The place has a great atmosphere too and is a good choice for visitors looking for a delicious introduction to Cambodian food (steer clear of the Thai dishes though as I don't find Cambodian-style Thai food as good). Would highly recommend it!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I visited this restaurant on my first night in Cambodia. It wasn't my favorite experience. The food was good, but we had waited until two of the three tables in our group had already ordered, and one had eaten and fished, before we even got drinks. Overall, this production ended up being a miserable hour and a half.

For dinner, I enjoyed the green Beef curry, but only after they realized they served it to someone else at our table accidentally and wouldn't bring me a new one. What was left was delicious and the sticky rice was quite phenomenal.

Oh, you may find a few bugs lurking around the place, but it's all part of the ambiance, or so I'm told.

Reviewed 5 October 2017

We had great local khmer/thai food there, with a great authentic cambodian atmosphere.
The prices were reasonable, and there was a good variety of food available.
We ordered a variety of dishes to share, and it was all tasty and nice.

A further tip is to request to sit upstairs. We sat on the second floor balcony, which had a nice ambience, as we sat on cushions on the floor. There was also live traditional khmer music in the background, so it really built the ambience of the place.

Overall, a recommendation for all who want to try Khmer food, in a nice restaurant with reasonable prices.

Reviewed 3 October 2017

Had the opportunity to visit and eat at this restaurant last night with business partners. The place is dimly lit , very authentic ambience and had many foreign diners. It has various sections , suitable for different needs- such as dining or simply enjoying drinks. My colleague and I didn't enjoy very much the food much though it is supposed to be well patronized by locals and visitors. Don't think I will visit it again for food but perhaps for few drinks.

Reviewed 28 September 2017 via mobile

Lovely place surrounded by beautiful greens, water & orchids! We arrive at 4:30pm & they didn't hesitate in giving us service.
Chicken Amok & Crab with coconut milk was great; Green curry was far behind my expectations since I'm a curry lover.
*There's a lot of mosquitos, be prepared and bring your repellent with you as they only have mosquito coils but they were not enough, I had one under my table & had to ask for a second one next to me & still*