“Decadent quality food ”

Cuisines: International
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 1 April 2017 via mobile

Love this place. The squid here is divine, no matter which dish. Not sure about the gnocchi. We came here two nights in a row. First meal was the set menu, got a limoncello drink before we left. Loved the meal, returned the next night. Second time, squid salad was fabulous. Gnocchi was average, king prawn pasta contained tiny bits of prawn and was average at best. Staff was bored and basically non existent. No limoncello. Had to ask for menu to even look at desserts. Second thoughts of coming again.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 17 February 2017 via mobile

This is now one of my favorite little restaurants in Phnom Penh. Randomly stumbled in here with a few friends and a customer sitting inside said this was excellent, so we decided to try. Indeed it was!

Red Snapper (main dish) - delicious and juicy
Salmon (main dish) - very nice, and also surprising because I haven't been able to find salmon in any other restaurants
Lamb chops (main dish) - delicious too
Gambo shrimp (starter) - this is excellent, shrimp with garlic and chili
Chocolate mousse (dessert) - very rich and chocolatey

All of us really enjoyed our dishes and would come back again.

Reviewed 30 January 2017

I ate at this small, brightly lit restaurant which was right around the corner from my hotel. This is not haute cuisine but rather a neighborhood place that has good food and excellent service. I had seafood pasta dishes both times which were first rate. The servings are not large but are satisfying. They also leave room for desserts, I had chocolate mousse on both visits. Although I have had better. it was extremely satisfying especially since it was one of the few opportunities I had to eat chocolate while in Phnom Phenh. Dinner is finished off with a complimentary glass of Liminocello. Also I became a huge fan of lemon water (which in lemonade) in Phnom Phenh and theirs was good. Overall a fine dining experience. Dinner for two with dessert will be $25-30.

Reviewed 23 January 2017 via mobile

Best place in Phnom-Penh, price, food everything was perfect .
Our favourite restaurant in Phnom-Penh.

Herbert L, Owner at Ocean, responded to this reviewResponded 24 January 2017

Dear Nadia I,

Thank you very much for having taken your time to write a review on TA. Of course we more than pleased that we did "everything perfect" which shows us that we are on the right track. We will forward your positive words to our team during our weekly meeting.

We hope to welcome you soon again - either for lunch (Lunch Menu only $6) or then for a la carte dinner.

Best wishes,

Herbert

Reviewed 21 January 2017

The deals, especially lunch, are good. The white tuna was overpriced, tough and not very nice. The shrimp entrée is lovely, mushroom soup outstanding as is the eggplant entree. The carafes of wine – while really the size of a generous glass of wine – are appropriately priced and keep the wine cooler than it being served in one glass. The staff lovely and it’s a very pleasant ambience. The set meal deals are great - $6 for lunch - you can’t beat that! The serves are not excessive but they give you bread if you are super hungry. The set menu changes regularly too. The owner is pleasant without being at all intrusive.

Herbert L, Owner at Ocean, responded to this reviewResponded 24 January 2017

Dear Leanne H,

Thank you for having visited our restaurant and for the positive words. We are sorry to hear that you thought that the White Tune was overpriced but surprisingly Tuna Fillet is more expensive than Red Snapper which justifies our price. Thank you for your understanding.

As a wine lover myself, I wanted to give my customers a bigger choice than only one wine by the glass. Therefore we are delighted that you appreciate our selection of 10 different wines by the carafe (red, white and rose).

The bread which we provide for extra hungry guests, is baked across the street at "Come a la Maison" and is one of the best in town.

Best wishes and see you again!

Herbert