“Delicious food with a unique twist, good cause - and insects! ”
Review of Romdeng

Romdeng
Ranked #16 of 1,485 Restaurants in Phnom Penh
Cuisines: Asian
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Open Monday to Sunday from 11am to 11pm (kitchen closes 10pm) Romdeng is set in a beautiful colonial building whose wooden carvings, tables, chairs and unique lights were all hand made in Cambodia. The silk goods and cushions adorning Romdeng were made by our students in sewing training at Mith Samlanh and its walls are hung with beautiful paintings produced by young people from the art classes there. All of this plus a pool, free WIFI, a family area and a gift shop mean a visit to Romdeng is a must.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I experienced one of my favorite meals in Phnom Penh here. The food is excellent, Service is wonderful and the menu offers a ton of variety. Romdeng is also a cause-based restaurant meaning they give back a portion of their profits to a local cause.

Try the charred eggplant and port. It is ridiculously amazing. I wasn't brace enough to try one of their bestsellers, the tarantulas, but maybe next time

1  Thank carinskow
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

Went to this place mainly to support its cause. Had heard about similar initiatives around Phnom Penh and decided to visit Romdeng.

It’s set in an old villa with seating outside. Chairs are a bit high/tables a bit low so I had to skip the cushion to fit comfortably.

The staff was extremely attentive and always on hand to answer questions. Ordered a vegetarian curry and a beef and eggplant dish along with a side of rice. What came out was unexpected in the sense that it oozed fine dining. The plating was excellent and the flavors glorious. Portions were also fine dining and I’d recommend an additional side dish or two if you’re a fairly big eater.

Although not the cheapest place in town, Romdeng was great value for money and I’d highly recommend it!

1  Thank Niklas J
Reviewed 17 October 2017 via mobile

At the end of our third day in Cambodia, I’m finding it hard to separate the restaurants we’ve eaten at, as the food has been back to back excellent. However, tonight’s meal at Romdeng does feel like the best yet. Recommended to us by Thong at Vana Adventure Travel, it really wowed us. We couldn’t bring ourselves to order the plate of tarantulas, but hats off to the family next door who tucked in and seemed to really enjoy them. However everything we ordered would have easily exceeded expectations in a London restaurant. We had dishes ranging from smoked duck and soft shell crab salad to a Burmese curry, all a big hit, plates cleaned and not much sharing going on. It poured down for the entire meal and felt extra entertaining to be just dry under the awning in the middle of it all, with water splashing everywhere around us. Very professional staff offering friendly and efficient service. So pleased to see such a great project giving opportunity to people facing difficulties in life, so we will try to visit the sister restaurants in Sihanoukville and Siem Reap.

Five stars for Romdeng!

1  Thank etwickenham
Reviewed 17 October 2017 via mobile

I have eaten at Romdeng about 5 times and each meal has been tasty. They have a little shop inside and a share of the profits helps the underprivileged. I would take visiting friends and families here and some day hope to visit the pool.

Reviewed 16 October 2017

This is the high end of the Tree Alliance social enterprise restaurants and it delivers. An elegant atmosphere, with indoor and outdoor seating, and a varied menu. I did not see the bill, as I was a guest of another, but the listings on the menu indicated fair pricing. I would make a visit for dinner a priority on a trip to Phnom Penh.