“Delicious food.. perfect cocktails.. great live band.. and awesome view!!!”

Rokku Sushi Lounge + Bistro
Ranked #803 of 1,666 Restaurants in Phnom Penh
Price range: US$ 15 - US$ 35
Description: Rokku is a chic multilevel dining experience offering its own brand of mouth-watering sushi, delectable fusion dishes, and exotic signature sake cocktails. Rokku's 6-story tall glass building gives guests access to a birds-eye view of the city with different entertainment options on each level, ranging from a karaoke stage to a live band every night. Come experience Rokku to satisfy all your epicurean desires.
Reviewed 24 January 2018 via mobile

I’ve been in Phnom Penh for over a month now and have come back to Rokku a few times already. I’ve also been to plenty of spots around this vibrant town, but the allure of Rokku comes from the genuinely friendly staff. They make sure to pay attention to details to make the food on point, and the drinks perfectly mixed! The sushi is actually very fresh and better than some places I’ve been to in the States. I do recommend the sashimi with a good Old Fashioned cocktail. Although I just had their herb-crusted rack of lamb and I must admit it was on point and and perfectly portioned with sweet masked potatoes and grilled vegetables. I definite recommend! Lastly, I love Japanese whiskey and this is one of the few places in town I could find a good Hibiki. There are 5 floors, each with a different environment. I recommend 5th floor for the live band entertainment. 4th floor has a live Cambodian karaoke band singing, and the other floors have a more quiet ambiance great for families. With an awesome view of Diamond Island, I recommend for all!

Reviewed 5 January 2018 via mobile

We came for lunch to Rokku which location is convenient and central. The sushi rolls we had were ok but by far not worth the price (there are other really nice places in Phnom Penh). While the restaurant itself was very „stylish“ maybe they should‘ve dusting it from time to time. The service paid less attention to us than anyone ever had in math class - taking in regard that we were the only clients quite annoying. When we finished the meal and asked for the bill our lovely waitress remembered that it was only possible to pay by Visa as they had some problems with the Master terminal.
Can‘t really recommend, positive we didn’t get food poisoning!!

1  Thank lusiena-bo
Reviewed 2 September 2017 via mobile

There are so many good food choices in Phnom Penh that my experience here really was disappointing. I thought - with live music and sushi I couldn't go wrong, could I?

The answer is yes.

I was there on a Thursday night, Floor 4. Me, a Filipino cover band, 2 staff and maybe 1 table.

First the staff - well the female bartender. Quite honestly the angriest person I have met in Phnom Penh. I ordered a wine and sushi and was told they weren't sure whether they sushi I ordered was in. Okay -not a big deal, just wine is fine. To her credit she came back and let me know the sushi was available. I replied that I wouldn't order it because my friends were waiting for me and for once I wanted to try and make them not wait. This is where the trouble started. She got suuuuuuuper angry and asked me why I didn't want i. (Her English was excellent). I explained I was in a hurry. In return I got a furrowed brow / super scowl and she stormed away. About 3 minutes later she was back complaining to me in Khmer to their other bartender. I understand Khmer so I understood the conversation and well - wow.

The experience was a bit jarring -especially in PP where most staff are terrific and friendly. Here? Not so much. I wondered if I did something wrong - was rude or something - but I honestly don't think I was. Maybe it was genuine miscommunication but this was a first for me in Cambodia.

But I digress......

The food and drink in Rokku is not cheap. The wine I ordered was $6 plus tax. Sushi rolls start at Not expensive for home but pricey for here. The wine was stale (if wine can be stale) and icy. I had not a good sip. Combine the not good sip of icy wine with the icy scowl of the bartender .....and we'll, there you go.

Rokku tries hard .......to be pretentious. It's priced high the staff is rude and there is even security on the first floor. But it doesn't quite fit it in this amazing city. It feels over-engineered like someone decided to try really hard, had money, threw it at a bar/restaurant and then decided not to manage the place.

I must inject - I do like the Filipino cover bad. Really good band!

To be fair - the reason I wrote this review because I was shocked by the one bartender's behavior but everything else stands. The ambience stunk for me so I was more critical about the place and maybe even the wine. (Believe me - I was fair about the wine).

Phnom Penh has some amazing restaurants and with good staffs and good vibes. If looking her I would suggest going elsewhere.

2  Thank dee g
Reviewed 6 July 2017

We dined here whilst staying in Phnom Penh. Delicious Japanese food. We enjoyed the hawaiian bay roll (lobster & mango sushi) yum! Mixed tempura, lobster tacos, japanese fried rice and finished off with dark choc mousse for dessert. The food and presentation was great. Temperature in the restaurant was a tad cold but overall we had a great night. Love all the lights and how this place glows at night.

Reviewed 20 June 2017

One of the best bars in Phnom Penh, with a different option at each level - karaoke, live music, pool table etc.

Space is limited though so depending on season, it may be better to make a reservation if there are more than 4 of you. You can either call ahead or submit your details on their website. Their site also has the full menu. Expect higher-end pricing.

Our party of 10 booked the 5th floor (English language live band) for a farewell dinner and then adjourned to the 2nd floor for karaoke after; the experience didn't disappoint.

Food, view, live band... all good.