“My favourite in Phnom Penh”

Pizzeria Matteo Phnom Penh
Ranked #151 of 1,733 Restaurants in Phnom Penh
Price range: US$ 7 - US$ 21
Description: Japanese-run Authentic Italian Restaurant, Pizzeria Matteo has newly opened in Phnom Penh, Cambodia. Our speciality is the handmade pizza baked in a stone oven; every single pizza will be served fresh. All our staff are well-trained, and we do our best "Omotenashi"-the best service and the best food. Besides the ground dining hall, we provide terrace, patio, and private dining rooms. Lunch Set is available daily for $7, very reasonable price. Take away and reservation are also available.
Reviewed 7 August 2018

This is my favourite restaurant in Phnom Penh. I always say "the best Italian in Phnom Penh is Japanese". And it's true! It's clearly an Italian restaurant with lots of pasta dishes and a real pizza oven but the chef is Japanese and some dishes combine the Italian basics with a Japanese accent. Having said that I'm happy to add that it's not too sophisticated and fancy. Most of the dishes are straightforward and uncomplicated and that's the way I like it. The staff is super-friendly. I always feel welcome there. My favourites are the cauliflower salad (I used to hate cauliflower but I'm addicted to this salad) and all spaghetti dishes (I usually don't order spaghetti in restaurants because I can also cook it at home but Matteo is the exception). Most of the pizzas I've tried there are also great, better than any pizza I ever had in Italy, and I have travelled the whole length of that country.

Reviewed 13 July 2018 via mobile

This is definitely my new favourite pizza in town. Real italian style pizza.
I saw one guy giving only two stars... I can say this guy either was in the wrong restaurant or he never been to Italy and does not know how real Italian food is. Because in this restaurant you really get very high quality food and not cheap products as he mentioned. It's a bit pricy but the quality is great.

Reviewed 8 July 2018 via mobile

I really enjoyed my meal a Japanese style pizza and an amazing lemon sorbet. Staff were professional and courteous. Service was great. This is a very calm and stylish restaurant. Not the cheapest pizza in Phnom Penh but the extra couple of dollars was worth it.

Reviewed 27 May 2018

Following reviews we decided to try this place for dinner as we were into a pizza night crave. Venue has a nice decor and staff is courteous. Food was very disappointing, cold cuts antipasto plate was really low quality and definitely not imported product. Meanwhile the pizza was definitely not what we expected. (I know I am in Cambodia but nowadays even here you can find decent imported products to use). If you use cheap products you'll never make a great dish. NOT recommended. Two stars only for venue and service.

Reviewed 23 May 2018

After trying different pizzerias around Phnom Penh and without being fully convinced we finally discovered Matteo ! This is now the only place we go for pizzas ! Nice staff and amazing food. Possibility to order take away, your pizza will be ready in the next 15 minutes !