“Great Trip”
Review of Nijhoom Tours

Nijhoom Tours
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Nijhoom Tours is the first TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence award-winning tour operator in Bangladesh. We achieved this prestigious award in 2015, 2016, and 2017, based on our clients’ ratings, for continuously providing outstanding service. Our knowledgeable, experienced, and friendly staff and guides work behind the scenes and on the ground to open the door to a Bangladesh different from the one you thought you knew. A trip with us will broaden your horizons and deepen your understanding of Bangladeshi traditions and culture. Visit Bangladesh with us for an unforgettable experience! Often overlooked by tourists, we are one of South Asia’s hidden gems. Our amazingly hospitable people are waiting to welcome you to beautiful Bangladesh!
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

My friend and I took a tour with Nijhoom and thoroughly enjoyed every part of it. We toured Dhaka, took an overnight ride on The Rocket, had three days in the Sundarbans and a long train ride back to Dhaka. Obviously, one shouldn't expect luxury conditions in Bangladesh, but you can expect great service and organization from this company. Our guide met us at the airport and went everywhere with us. We always felt safe and well informed with him. He carefully selected where and what we ate and nobody in our group of 4 had stomach issues. We didn't see a tiger, but one certainly saw us as we saw fresh tracks when returning to our boat along a canal we had just came down minutes earlier. Expect heat and mosquitoes, but also expect a unique experience!

1  Thank Steve H
"wild boar"
in 4 reviews
"excellent driver"
in 3 reviews
"boat trip on the river"
"interesting tour"
"key sites"
"paddle steamer"
"local food"
in 7 reviews
"spotted deer"

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This is the second time I have joined the one day local tours organised by Nijhoom Tours within the last quarter. I covered both Sonargoan in Jan and old Dhaka in Mar. Both were very interesting, yet very different styles (former was historical and scenic while old Dhaka was vibrant and the action & people seems to be non stop)...... I would recommend their tours to anyone who would like to have a taste of the local culture (especially with the "Old Dhaka" tour) and especially on a weekday if you are up for it!

Both the tour guide and driver were very nice & friendly and they were knowledgeable in the topics I asked. They would also be very accommodative in terms of meal expectation as I realised they are many people who cannot take spicy/local food. I am a very adventurous person in terms of food I do travel to different cities every week so I loved the local restaurants they brought me (the Biryani was very authentic... to my standards..). Safety was also their top priority as they ensured you feel safe in their car (you know what I mean if you have experienced Dhaka traffic).

Next time, I will consider their 3 day 2 nights tour... I would recommend this to anyone who are interested in experiencing the local culture guilded by local people.

3  Thank Deso23
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We have just come back from a 23 days trip of Bangladesh, which took us almost to every corner of the country. We experienced travelling by trains, cars, boats and planes. It was very interesting and very hectic as well. All the people we met was very friendly and curious, and probably not used to tourists, we felt special, as hundreds wanted to take selfies with us. The itenerary could have been better by less mosques / temples, and more free time. The drivers where friendly and good drivers, it is important to remember that the driving pattern is much more caotic than in the western countries, but we felt safe all the time. Our guide for most of the periode was very knowledgable, had a keen eye for spotting wildlife ( we did see the wild fisihing cat and king cobra ). His name was Arafat, and we highly recommend him. After a long deliberation we found that the long drives and lack of free time did not warrent the highest score. So we will give it a 4.

RawHasan2021, Owner at Nijhoom Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thank you for visiting Bangladesh with Nijhoom Tours!

We make our itinerary full because most of the people who come here want to see as much as possible, and complain if they find free time in the itinerary. Some one even asked for refund of a day because of free time on the tour.

But it is absolutely possible to have free time on your own by simply skipping a morning or evening program in a day, while the rest of the people on the group can do as per itinerary who don't want free time. And if this is a private tour, you can customize the tour to have even more free time whenever you need.

Long driving on the tour is involved only to visit inside the Rajshahi region where there is no alternative. We use car on our tours only when it is absolutely necessary, because of the poor road condition in Bangladesh. But we try to minimize the impact as much as possible by carefully planing the itinerary. Unfortunately there is nothing more to do with this for the time being. Bangladesh is not a regular tourist destination. You have to be prepared to embrace these inconveniences of a third world country if you want to experience it.

Looking forward to see you again in Bangladesh on another tour!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Our family of four called to inquire about arranging a half-day tour to see a specific portion of the Old Dhaka Tour - only Lalbagh Fort and Ahsan Manzil (Pink Palace). The date, timing and price were quickly agreed, and aside from trying to work through concerns in paying with the Payoneer payment system they used, the process was smooth and easy. Hasan picked us up with a driver on time, and we were whisked into Old Dhaka. That morning, the traffic was unusually light, so we arrived almost 45 minutes before the first location opened. To fill time, Hasan took us down to Sadarghat River Station for an impromptu walk-through while we waited. We enjoyed the sights of the River Station, Lalbagh Fort and the Pink Palace, and we felt safe as we moved through the city and the various tour stops. This is a great way to see the famous attractions in hard to access Old Dhaka, even if you travel here regularly.

See more reviews
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

NOTE TO EDITOR: this is intended as a review of a single attraction (Nijhoom Tours), not of the two day tours mentioned therein, just like the one posted five weeks ago. END NOTE

I took Nijhoom Tours's Old Dhaka city tour and the National Assembly tour on successive days, each as a private tour for one person. The stated price was US $130 each. The Nijhoom Web site quotes a 2.5% surcharge for Internet bookings, which are handled by on-line payments processor Payoneer. To my surprise, Payoneer added a further charge of 3.1%, bringing the total to $137.63 per tour. I judge them to have been fully priced, but worth the cost.

The National Assembly tour was updated in December to avoid duplication with the Old Dhaka tour (except for a view of the National Assembly exterior, which is rightfully still included in the Old Dhaka tour). It now includes Marina Tabassum's (1968-) Bait-ur-Rouf Mosque, built in 2005-2006 and awarded the 2016 Aga Khan Award for architecture.

On both days, my guide was Nijhoom's founder and CEO, Raw Hasan. He appeared at my hotel on time, with a comfortable vehicle and a competent driver. For Old Dhaka, Hasan took me to every site in the on-line description of the tour, traveling chiefly by car, but also by rickshaw (pedal powered) and “country boat” (single-paddle powered), as well as a few minutes by foot. At the busy river port, we even boarded and toured one of the long-distance passenger vessels. The city tour lasted from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. The National Assembly tour concentrated, of course, on internationally known architect Louis Kahn's (1901-1974) iconic masterpiece. It took from 9:30 to 5:00. Both tours were unhurried, and I had time to photograph at will.

On both tours, Hasan was unobtrusively responsive to my interests. He also showed concern for my comfort, turning down several electric-powered rickshaws to secure one powered by feet, for a smoother ride. I particularly wanted to try Bangladeshi food, inasmuch as my business hotel provided none; he took me to a local restaurant during the Old Dhaka tour and ordered local food in the dining room of the National Assembly. Both lunches were included.

Some tourists avoid Bangladesh because of a perceived danger of violence. Yes, a terrorist attack in a Dhaka cafe in mid-2016 took some lives. Yes, the U.S. Department of State recommends “increased caution” in both Dhaka and southeastern Bangladesh. Nevertheless, I never felt threatened, and would not hesitate to return.

RawHasan2021, Owner at Nijhoom Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you for visiting Bangladesh with Nijhoom Tours! It was a pleasure meeting you and taking you on the tours personally!

I think there was a misunderstanding regarding Payoneer payment system. We sent you invoice including the transaction charge (which we charge less then the 3% that Payoneer charge), so you do not need to pay anything extra. But while paying the invoice, you opted for the option to pay the charge by yourself whereas you should choose it would be paid by us. That is the reason Payoneer charged you the extra.

Really sorry for the confusion about the payment! We'll send the invoices in the future without adding the Payoneer charge, so that there will be no option to pay the charge over again and being confused. Also we are updating the payment details page in our website regarding this issue.

Glad to know that you felt safe here despite all the misleading travel warnings. Looking forward to see you again with us in Bangladesh soon!