“Super tasty & good price”

Hin Zangezur Tavern
Ranked #23 of 814 Restaurants in Yerevan
Price range: US$ 1 - US$ 9
Description: Tavern "Old Zangezur", founded in December 2013, became a popular and pleasant place, not only for people from Zangezur, but also for the residents and guests of the capital. Our main goal was to unite people from Zangezur in Yerevan, as well as to restore the once-forgotten dishes and traditions Zangezur cuisine. Create a place in the spirit of Zangezur, where our residents and visitors can not only experience the real flavor of "Old Zangezur", but also taste the unique cuisine of Zangezur and, of course, the popular Armenian traditional dishes. Spend a good time for the songs Gusan Ashot and other well-known Armenian folk songs. Not by chance that every Thursday, Friday and Saturday at the Tavern Old Zangezur carried out so-called "National Evenings", which not only loved people from Zangezur, residents and guests of the capital.
Reviewed 7 February 2018

Very good prices, as the place is not in the downtown, but close to it.
Traditional Armenian hospitality with brandy variety of tasty food.
We had a glass of house white dry wine, which was really good and well cooled.
We wanted to try something really national and some ancient receipts. It was "ker u sus" - a pan with beef, potatoe and peas, made in the oven in its own juice. And "zangezur" - paying tribute to the name of the cafe - a gentle and fruitful lamb with quince. tomatoes, sweet peppers and onions - it was really special!
Grilled mushrooms on lavash were great as a starter. And people - the waiters, the cooks and the administrator were really nice and sincere! Definitely will visit again, when we come back to Yerevan

3  Thank Andy L
Sona H, Менеджер по связям с общественностью at Hin Zangezur Tavern, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2018

Thanks for Your good reviews.
Welcome !!!

Reviewed 19 November 2017 via mobile

Nice place and very good stuff. Thank you for your service. Great place for tourists to meet Armenian tradition and tasty kitchen.
Great atmosphere and interior. All the dishes are traditional Armenian and are very tasty.

2  Thank Vahagn M
djtolst, Public Relations Manager at Hin Zangezur Tavern, responded to this reviewResponded 22 November 2017

Thank you for review.

Reviewed 20 October 2017

I finally got back to the states after a long vacation in Europe and Armenia, and have the time to sit down and write this review!

First and foremost, let me say that I have been to many restaurants and have had some really terrible experiences with customer service. However, this was not the case at Hin Zangezur Tavern. I was greeted immediately with a friendly warm welcome. High five, you already got my attention!

I was looking for a restaurant that would cater dinner for the last gathering with my family before I left. I googled a few places and found this gem! I met with the manager, Armen who was awesome. After telling him what I was looking for and for the number of people (approx 25 ppl), he helped me select a menu that would satisfy everyone.

I ordered the trout which was grilled butterfly style. I'm not a huge fan of fish but this was delicious with the seasoning being on point. In addition, I also, ordered the pork BBQ. I am allergic to pork however, I made the exception (risk) cause it looked so good. Sure enough, it was cooked to perfection with generous portions of ribs, chops, etc. I think this is perhaps my favorite thing to eat while I'm there and worth the risk!

Now, that we have the main course settled, I ordered the home style potatoes, potatoes with mushrooms, capital salad, the salad with chicken and mushrooms, and the Armenian salad. All were tasty and so close to my mom's cooking (and we all know how good a mother's cooking can be!).

While I was there, I noticed how the staff was working so diligently! I hate to admit this but customer service isn't exactly up to par yet but this place is on another level. I also, appreciated the cleanliness of the establishment. This is super important to me!

I really can't thank Armen and the staff for helping me put together a fantastic farewell. I definitely will be returning when I go back again and look forward to their live entertainment!

3  Thank Anna N
djtolst, Public Relations Manager at Hin Zangezur Tavern, responded to this reviewResponded 26 December 2017

Thanks for review:) Always welcome.

Reviewed 2 October 2017

We had a delicious dinner at HZ tavern, the menu has a plenty of Armenian dishes options, the staff are friendly and the restaurant is well located..

1  Thank Yuri_Capi
djtolst, Public Relations Manager at Hin Zangezur Tavern, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2017

Thanks for review. Always welcome:)

Reviewed 12 August 2017

Went with another couple to sample Armenian cuisine. All I can say is WOW! The food was incredible. We bought and sample nine (9) dishes from pickled tomato, cheese and a number of main dishes. They were all wonderful, delicious, amazing food. We unfortunately left a LOT of food behind. The whole meal cost us 21,000 AMD, or US$40.00. There was no room for dessert.

3  Thank ruppertbaird
djtolst, Public Relations Manager at Hin Zangezur Tavern, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2017

Thanks for review