“The real McCoy”

Ranked #8 of 709 Restaurants in Nha Trang
Price range: US$ 15 - US$ 50
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Description: Kiwami is a new Japanese restaurant offering wonderful delicacies to the people of Nha Trang. Each dish incorporates the traditional preparation, style and flavors of Japanese cuisine.We look forward to greeting you and getting your feedback and support!
Reviewed 6 April 2018

I've reviewed several other so called Japanese restaurants in Nha Trang, but this is the real thing. Both the sushi chef and the guests were all Japanese and spoke Japanese while I was there (I do too, by the way). I really don't understand what the Norwegians who reviewed this place meant when they said the the food was fresher in Norway. I live in Norway, and most of the fish is frozen, unless you live in a seaport town. At any rate, you can't even get most of the fish there that they served at Kiwami. The fish was certainly fresh enough. Also a real Japanese sushi chef would take umbrage at this, although I think most of the other so called Japanese restaurants which are run by Vietnamese would not. You really have to understand what kind of training goes into becoming a sushi chef in Japan and that serving non fresh fish would be an insult to most Japanese.

I had the sashimi and some ebi tempura - both excellent. The management was expecting a lot of diners at 7 PM so I had to leave by then, but then the Kiwami is a very small venue, so that was understandable (I was there for 90 minutes). Come early if you want a good meal.

Date of visit: April 2018
1  Thank perryhs

Reviewed 25 March 2018 via mobile

Fullbooked restaurant. Recommended to book a table. We're lucky to get a seat. They got air-condition that was good. Time of food was great. All the table was reserved. But no one was sitting there. They arrived after 20 min. When we were done eating. It's okey place rocommended. My partner think it was ok place. Not as fresh as we are use to in Norway.

Reviewed 23 March 2018

Unless you are in a hurry to eat and leave, my tip is not to order all your dishes at once. Order one item, then another, then another, or else all your food arrives at once and your meal is over far too fast!

Reviewed 18 March 2018 via mobile

As good as all the reviews. Loads of choice and some of the best sushi I’ve had in a long time. Will definitely be returning.

Reviewed 11 March 2018 via mobile

Luckily we were able to get a table without reservation at around 7pm. Food and service was excellent - sushi in particular is so fresh and high quality ingredients. Reasonably priced and nice interior. Would highly recommend!