“Clean, pleasant, value-for-money”

Souvenir Nha Trang Hotel
Ranked #16 of 320 Nha Trang B&B and Inns
Reviewed 15 June 2017 via mobile

One of the main reasons I booked this hostel last minute was its great rating for solo travellers. While the hostel location is indeed great and safe for solo travellers, I had a bad experience with the airport pick up. The driver had practically no English skills, and tried to pick up another passenger to make more money I guess thinking that being a girl I might have put up with it?! Not sure. Since I had booked for a private pickup, I was very surprised and annoyed when I had to wait for this other passenger from I don't know where. Not really the hotel's fault but they should be working with a more reliable service provider. In the end, I got annoyed and didn't trust the driver so I just took a taxi from the airport after negotiating the price before getting in. After a long drive, I started to get nervous if the taxi driver knew where the hostel/ hotel was. Again he had no English, so that got me even more worried. Luckily I called through to the hostel receptionist who helped me to translate, then I knew I was okay in the cab. Overall, the locals are very helpful and luckily I wasn't arriving at night if not I would have been a little worried being kind of trapped in the taxi not knowing if and when I would arrive at my hotel. I figured out later that the taxi driver took a detour to avoid traffic that's why the ride from the airport to the main beach area took longer than expected. The room is cleaned every day with fresh towels, but I thought the photo of the room I booked was very misleading, as I ended up with a smaller room with no windows. I wished I knew, or should have been alerted at booking or email, so I would not have stayed here for 5 nights. The ladies at reception were very nice but they didn't really have much recommendations when I asked for local things to do. I had better information when I asked the local staff of a dive shop or nearby booking shops. You have to be prepared to ask around from a few sources if you want a better more all-rounded view or opinions, or pick up the local travel guide/ magazine which is actually really good and insightful.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank SophieT_ODL

Reviewed 26 February 2017

The room is definitely small and since I was given the room on the ground floor next to the reception desk, it was noisy since early in the morning and every time someone would use the toilet just outside our door.
However, I was happy with the utilities inside, very clean, the bathroom was very small but super clean and fully equipped.
Definitely a great location. some staff are nice while others was hostile, which was definitely a dent of otherwise a perfect stay almost until the end.

Room Tip: Avoid the room on the ground floor next to reception desk
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Nhu_Phuong
Reviewed 15 February 2017 via mobile

This is a very nice clean hotel, the front desk is helpful and friendly. Plenty of street food available with in 2 minutes of the Souvenir. This hotel is good value for money. It has AC, fridge, TV, lots of hot water and good towels. Comfortable clean bed. Room is small and very clean.

Stayed: February 2017
Reviewed 15 February 2017 via mobile

Stayed here for 2 nights. The location for us was perfect especially as was off the main road In a cute courtyard. We had a basic room with no window and it was honestly the smallest room we've stayed in however it was also the newest and cleanest so that's why we were happy. For a budget price you can't go wrong

Stayed: February 2017
1  Thank Tam191
Reviewed 25 January 2017 via mobile

My girlfriend and I stayed here for 7 nights and found the hotel to be one of the highlights of our stay. The staff friendly, the rooms clean and the hotel situated in a good area. In a quiet side street, close to bars and restaurants, I will definitely be back. Good prices for a great hotel

Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple