“Nothing can be better!”

Ranked #4 of 192 Hotels in Nha Trang
Hong Kong, China
“Nothing can be better!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2012

I stayed here with my boyfriend for 3 nights and everything from the airport pick up to checking out in our villa was flawless! The resort is 1 hour from the airport by car, then another 10 minutes of speedboat ride. There were staff that greeted us the moment we got off the plane and collected our luggage for us, escorted us onto a BMW X5. Upon arrive to the dock of the hotel, the manager and 5 fellow staff awaits us. All spoke English, one young lady spoke perfect cantonese as well. All villas were well shaded with trees, ours in particular was the first villa on the path, very convenient and had an amazing ocean view. We had a butler at our service, and when we went out to the city, she provided us with a cell phone to translate for us while we were away from the resort. We visited the Spa twice and both times we were not able to choose from the spa menu, which we were quite disappointed about. There is suppose to be an extensive spa selection on the menu, however, when we arrived, we were only asked or light, medium or strong pressure, we did not get to choose the type of therapy. However, besides the spa incident, everything was perfect. I would definitely visit again.

2 Thank lusihe
Epikurean, Owner at L’Alyana Ninh Van Bay, responded to this review, 8 August 2012
Thank you very much for staying at an Epikurean property . I am very happy to read that you enjoyed your stay . The Mobile Phone is fantastic isn't it ? and we normally provide this to all our guests as they can call us anytime for anything ( even whilst they have walked to a private beach and feel like a cold beer )
Thanks again for being our guests and I look forward to welcoming you back soon
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (146)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Vietnamese first
Hong Kong
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2012

It felt like a really long ride until we stepped foot on a private jetty with very welcoming staff who helped us to check in. It was paradise onwards. After 10 min speedboat ride, we were welcomed by over 10 friendly staff and also our butler - Quy. He swiftly invited us to his buggy and drove us to our Villa with my own name sculptured on a piece of wood hanging outside our private villa.

I did some research on the villas at An Lam and the choice of staying at Lagoon Villa was just perfect! Quy explained to us in detail on room features (which took quite a while due to such an amazing villa with every bits of detail just perfect in every way) although I couldn't really pay attention to him as I was absolutely astonished and speechless in how beautiful the villa was.

There was a good selection of music ranging from jazz to hip hop, you name it. There were also a good range of activities to do during the 4 days which we stayed at. I gotta mention how much i regret to not stay there for longer! If i knew earlier, i would have sacrificed my stay in Ho Chi Minh just to stay here and spend more time at this amazing island at Nha Trang.

Food was amazing, one night we chose our breakfast selections for the next day and asked Quy to bring our food to the villa the next morning at 7 and he did it. It was nicely arranged on the table next to our day bed next to the pool. It just can't get any better.

I've been to many luxurious villas in Thailand but nothing beats an lam. this resort is not only about the villas, but also the staff. They always had a smile on their face and most importantly, they make your trip memorable. Special thanks to Quy - you are amazing, you fulfilled every single request that i made and everytime you surprise me by doing even more! The flowers, the sunset cruise, the private candlelight dinner etc etc etc!

There are so so so much more i could say about An Lam..thank you for giving me such an amazing holiday and I can't wait to come back!

4 Thank Denise C
Thank you very much for staying with us ! Quy does send his best regards . I do look forward to welcoming you back sometime soon .
Charlottesville, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2012

In early July, my girlfriend and I spent three beautiful romantic days at An Lam Ninh Van Bay. All of our expectations were greatly exceeded. We are still dreaming about our lovely stay today.

I have spent some 14 years in and out of Vietnam and had the good fortune to visit all corners of the country. With so much beauty, when it comes to luxury hospitality products, my expectations are very demanding. An Lam Ninh Van Bay exceeded all of them.

The food is fresh and absolutely delicious. It got better every day we stayed there. This is a great feat knowing the logistical challenges of serving fresh food in a location like Ninh Van Bay. I highly recommend the fresh fish of the day, the grouper was especially delicious. The dinner menu was another highlight. I liked how it revolved around daily suggested themes created by the kitchen. In my opinion, when there is less choice, the quality of the food offered improves dramatically.

We had two highlights on our trip. The first was a morning snorkeling breakfast trip by boat (I recommend the spanish omelet with chorizo). The second was a lovely surprise romantic dinner near the infinity pool. Management prepared this for us and both my girlfriend and I were blown away by the beauty around us.

The resort has planted a garden and fruit trees. I especially love the mango and papaya trees among the foliage behind the villas. Still, management has been careful to retain the general character of the place by keeping the endemic vegetation everywhere. If you are a sustainable or ecological minded person you will appreciate this by visiting the observatory tower where you can see how green the whole place is. Not a very common sight in other Vietnamese resorts.

We stayed in a Beach Villa, which was on the pricier end but well worth it. The villa was very large and excellently appointed with every luxury imagined in a very unpretentious style. This down to earth feeling made the whole place seem relaxing.

The staff were all friendly, approachable and warm, something I really love about Vietnamese people.

I highly recommend the snorkeling breakfast cruise mentioned earlier. The scenery is worth the 3 hours and the boat will take you to clearer waters where you can have a nice swim. Kayaking is also a great way to explore little coves around the resort, especially at 5pm when the sun is setting and warmly lights up the beautiful huge rock formations.

Thanks go to our butler and all the management team who pleasantly surprised us and took great care of us. We felt wonderfully spoiled :-)

Room Tip: - The breakfast boat cruise is worth a visit if you don't know Ninh Van Bay. - The daily fresh...
5 Thank Attila W
Thank you very much for the detail review and for choosing us for your holidays . I am happy to read that we have manage to exceed your expectations .

We have to keep this development sustainable not just from a responsibility point of view but as well to ensure we are able to keep and maintain the concept of the resort and as well the level of service we want to provide . The gardens and orchards deliver ( depending on the menu ) up to approximately 75% of our needs . The lagoon and the trees are for natural cooling and the villas specially designed to consumed as little energy as possible.

Thank you again for being our guests and I do look forward to welcoming you back to our resort soon .
Victoria
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2012

We stayed at An Lam Villas for 5 nights in June 2012. We knew almost nothing about the place when we booked it & after quite a long bus ride from the airport we were wondering what we'd got ourselves into. We then had a 10 minute boat ride from the bus to the villas, but once we arrived we were blown away by everything!
The staff were all amazing, our butler Luan was lovely (not that we used his services very much). The food was fabulous - the chef is a girl from Melbourne & she & her team do a great job.
We had a hillside villa & it was honestly like staying in a fabulous treehouse with our own pool. So private & quiet - we were both a bit speechless when shown around. The architecture & level of quality in the fittings was amazing.
I think it was all the little things that made An Lam special - the champagne upon arrival, the two towels on the beach lounges, the cold water they bring you when you're on the beach, the little cold towels they give you on the beach. The level of detail when caring for guests was wonderful.
We had a massage included in our package & that was wonderful. We also had a sunset cruise included & we really enjoyed that! Breakfast is included every day & they bring a basket of pastries & breads to the table before the meal, it was very hard not to put on weight!
Our only low point was the bus trip back to the airport. We were so relaxed after our 5 days that we didn't want to go home, but the bus driver drove like a maniac so by the time we got to the airport we were frazzled again! Shame but we did write to management about it & they were quick to respond to our concerns.
I don't think anyone would be dissapointed with An Lam - our butler showed us through the lagoon side villas & the beach villas and they were both beautiful! It will be hard to decide which ones to stay in next time we visit.
It is an ideal spot for a honeymoon or a romantic get away.

Room Tip: All the rooms were lovely - the lagoon rooms & beachside rooms both had fablous private outdoor...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Mr_Mrs_Melbourne
Epikurean, Owner at L’Alyana Ninh Van Bay, responded to this review, 23 July 2012
Thank you so much for such a detail review and for being my guests . I must apologize for the driver . I think you were assigned my personal driver rather than the resorts guests drivers and he is constantly rushing me to the airport where he is was unable to tell the difference . We have spoken to him , and the matter corrected to ensure no other guests will be affected . My sincere apologies again .

I am happy to read that you have enjoyed our resort . We are constantly improving our services and experiences as we grow as effectively we are only 8 months old .

Thanks again for being our guests and I do look forward to welcoming you back again to an Epikurean property
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2012

This is a getaway that has it all. From the pick up from Can Ranh airport, it's about an hour drive along the coast and through Nha Trang to the hotel's 'lounge', where the luxury experience begins. The main resort is a short and beautiful 20 min ride across the water, to be greeted by the wonderful staff and often manager or owner.

The resort itself is wonderful - we were lucky to have been upgraded to a beach villa, which I would highly recommend, as it has a great beach access while still retaining wonderful privacy. The Lagoon villas are also lovely, but not as approximate to the beach as I'd prefer.

The entire experience in the resort was spectacular - and neatly walks the line between luxury and privacy with a warm welcoming. TJ and Lei do a wonderful job of making sure you feel very welcome at all times, which makes it enjoyable for couples and singles alike. Nothing is too much trouble for the staff, and they really go out of their way to make sure you enjoy yourself.

Food is top notch thanks to Briony and the continual desire to grow and source as much locally as possible, and there are a good variety of western and local dishes.

Lastly activities - lots available to do, though we chose to do very little, which was a great choice. Relaxing by the private pool or on the beach was about as much activity as we were keen for.

All in all a wonderful time with amazing staff. A real winner.

Room Tip: Beach villas are great - especially when the afternoon breeze kicks in.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank TravelAl2010
Thank you very much for the great review . The debate on preference of Beach & Lagoon villas is an on going and interesting one in which a clear winner has yet to be defined . A big driving force between us and others is that all the management and staff really love the resort , and at almost every level they take ownership of their guests needs . I am happy that our guests do enjoy their experiences here and do take a bit of us home with them . Thanks allot of being our guests and I do look forward to welcoming you back soon