Mai Huy Hotel
Indochine Hotel(Nha Trang)
  • Breakfast included
Azura Hotel(Nha Trang)
View Hotel
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 4 May 2016 via mobile

It was the Vietnamese holidays, and he city was very busy at the time. But the room for £25 per night, no breakfast was a total rip off.

You could feel the springs in the matress on the bed. Tiny room with ants in bathroom and room.

Wet room for bathroom. One plug so the house between having your fridge on or charging your phone.

Lift was THE slowest lift ever (but then again it did have one!) No rooftop terrace to sit.

No free water. Air con and fan were good, but that's about it. Total rip off.

Fyi, You can find really good hotels in the exact same area. We stayed at nhi phi round the corner before moving to this hotel (only because there was no avaliablality) and it was only £17 per night, massive room, clean huge balcony, breakfast Inc. ..pool on roof etc etc.

FIND ANOTHER HOTEL.

I wouldn't mind if it was £10 per night but £25!....Most expensive place we have stayed in vietnam and the worst.

Staff were kind though.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Emily W
Reviewed 21 March 2016

One could say that you get what you pay for however in this case this is not really true. The place is cheap but similar prices can be found easily in the same neighborhood so this is not any special advantage. First of all the place is very noisy, rooms are small, towels are not changed daily and even the garbage is not collected from rooms on a daily basis. Broken window lock and curtain falling down on my head was and extra bonus ;-)

But what really sucks is the customer service and staff attitude. They have kept my passport against my will, impolite woman at the reception did not want to give it back to me, and if I wanted it back I was told to pay "security" deposit of 1 million Dongs for potential damages, although I have paid for the room up front, and while paying there was no mention of any "security deposit". On the top of that she lied to me that the police requires them to keep passports of their guests - this was an outright lie as I have checked with the local police and was told that there is not such law and that it is illegal - they have no right to keep passports against guest will and they have no right to demand any "security". They can only ask to get the payment for the room up front and see the passport to register the guest. If I have not booked a trip for the whole next day I would move out after first night there.

So stay away from that place as you can find much better deals elsewhere.

Room Tip: if you really have to stay there then front and back rooms would be quieter than those located on the side of the building.
  • Stayed: March 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank Piotr B
Reviewed 16 March 2016

The room was more than adequate size, comfortable bed and reasonably clean but on a busy street, with traffic noise. The location is 1.5 blocks from the beach and surrounded by a multitude of dive shops. I have already reviewed my diving pick elsewhere on this site. At night the traffic noise went away early so no problem sleeping. It was a bit rundown and at the same time well maintained. In short, nothing fancy, but definitely worth the money and the stay. I would rate it a 3.5 on it's own merits. What made it special was the young front desk clerk, Fuong, who acted more like a hostess/ concierge. She guided me to everything I needed and gave a very friendly smile and hello every time I entered and left. Adorable.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank PWit123
Reviewed 2 March 2016 via mobile

Exactly that. You get what you paid for. Central, good food just outside the door, and helpful staff. But that's about it. Bed, tv and toilet. Our shower was abit weird too. Had to have the door shut as the water would splash into the room. Small amount of noise creeps in from the street.

Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Paul C
Reviewed 12 February 2016

Friendly staff and clean hotel, located on a small road off the main road. The arranged the bus to Dalat, which I highly recommend, beautiful scenery. Hotel has a lift, it is not too far from Sailing Club beach bar and restaurant.

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled with friends