“Great Room. Wonderful, Freindly Staff. Quiet & Well Located.”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of HueNino Hotel

HueNino Hotel
Ranked #6 of 122 Hotels in Hue
Napier, New Zealand
“Great Room. Wonderful, Freindly Staff. Quiet & Well Located.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2012

I spent 4 nights recently at HueNino.
It was highly rated on here and also mentioned in the LP Guide Book - very worthy of all the great reviews and I can highly recommend this small, family run hotel.

The room I had (302) was nicely fitted out with everything you could want. Good, powerful A/C which is a must in Hue right now :) Modern TV with the necessary channels - if you need that. Fridge, Comfy bed and enough furniture in the room to actually fully unpack (which I like to do) and a small desk and chair also which is key for me as I need to work most nights while on the road :( The bathroom could be considered small, but the excellent use of the minimal space they have to work with is commendable - some decent thought has gone in to the way rooms should be designed.

As noted in previous reviews, one of the best features of this Hotel are the staff!! Family run and operated. Lovely, friendly people especially the young girls working the reception who speak very good English and are a wealth of local knowledge and helpful tips. They will set you up with everything you need to see and do in Hue - no problem. Special mention to MyMy who was wonderful!
Fresh, healthy breakfast is complimentary each morning, as is a fresh juice or small homemade snack each time you walk in the door after a day out exploring Hue.

Best of all is the price!! - Excellent value for money to be had at HueNino.
Stay here....you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (120)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Vietnamese first
Birmingham UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2012

Excellent value for money. Staff so helpful and offered little snacks and drinks as we returned from sightseeing during the day (we were even given breakfast/ brunch when we checked in at lunchtime). Nice room, good aircon and plenty of hot water for showers.

Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank SHStirchley
Summerland, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2012

We stayed at the Hue Nino Hotel for five nights at the end of March. What a find! An economical hotel with unparalleled service. The owner is an artist and the rooms, common spaces and exterior are appointed with an eclectic mix of kitsch and humour. My wife had a birthday during our stay and the staff noted the date from her passport upon registration and a birthday cake and flowers adorned our room that afternoon. We turned it into a small party, sharing cake with the staff. This is an honest place, providing exceptional value for the price and a sincere taste of humanity.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Gordon-Kenna
Palm Springs, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2012

HueNino was one of my favorite hotels during my visit to north Vietnam. It's family run, & they're so welcoming. They gave great recommendations for vegetarian restaurants, arranged a day excursion with Easy Riders, & just took a lot of time to welcome all their guests. They were always offering me food when I came in during the evening, even though breakfast is really the only meal included. The rooms are clean & comfortable. I definitely would stay again if I revisited Hue.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Karen317
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2012

When we first stepped into the place we were served watermelon juice, dragon fruit, toast with pineapple & passion fruit jam (<--- HEAVENLY DELICIOUS) - even before we checked in! I never experience such treatment in any hotel/hostel so that left me a bit perplexed but not long later I found myself digging in happily. Other than the welcome refreshment we also have delicious breakfast on the day we were checking out. I missed their food already as I'm typing..

Though room was tiny, it was well-maintained and clean. Bed, comfortable. AC, adequate. Wifi, working good. Surprisingly found travel adaptor & multi-plug and many other useful items like hair dryer, stationeries, books & magazines. I also picked up a book 'Vietnamese Folk Tales' before bedtime and I slept like a baby.

The bathroom cracked me up as it has a tiny wooden box which suppose to act as a bathtub? If you are big build I think the box just gets into your way as the bathroom is already very tiny.

The pictures on the site was kinda misleading as you thought you'll be checking in a boutique hotel that turns out to be an improvised guest house. Nevertheless which this price range and service, it is really a good stay so I'll definitely recommend to whoever visiting Hue.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple