All reviewsair conhotel is locatedhot waterrooms are largefruitcity tourtop floorsmall alleyincluded breakfasttoursvietnamchannelsbathtub
Reviewed 3 March 2012

Arrive in Hue Bus Station (Ben Xe Hue) get a taxi from outside the station (VND 40.000) to Waterland Hotel. Location in a small block, but still can walk to Perfume river and a lot of Cafes in this block.
We were welome very warm by the receptionist and gave us a map of Hue.
Our room is big,nice and clean in the second floor with local houses view, but the bed is hard and the toilet doesn't work well so they change our room to 4th floor right away. A bit exercise because no elevator, they carried our luggage to our room.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank joesagala
Reviewed 9 February 2012

We arrived in the rain, so off the bus and quite a way up a rough surfaced lane ....but on arrival --friendly staff, very clean place, The room was huge (only paying $22 via Wotif ) king and double beds, storage and hanging space !!!. We were given lots of info on restaurants and bars-which was very accurate. Bike hire was AU$1.25 for the day
The only minus was my side of the king bed was "coily" or a bit lumpy- but with 2 beds available I slept well for our 3 nights.
When we left our diary comment was "Such a fantastic friendly hotel "

Room Tip: Don't get put off by the outside road -i's worth it !
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Bill M
Reviewed 27 January 2012

We booked 2 nights in Waterland Hotel through Agoda, however was kinda surprised that the room is nothing like what was shown in the photos. Our room was at the very top - 5th floor? and there was no lift. It was not a problem though as I do not mind climbing the stairs. But the room next to ours was empty, with only an altar, which I find kind of weird. Not implying there was any paranormal activity, but the light (only) in our room turned off by itself - twice - we just shrugged it off. Maybe the fuse is old?

In terms of cleanliness, I find it all right. It was rainy and muddy in Hué when we were there so we don't expect our room to be spotless. On our first night, I found a centipede under the bed covers (no idea where it came from). Brought it downstairs to the guy at the reception area, he just threw it in the bin and didn't say anything (?!) Small matter anyway.

I think it's only the room at the very top that looks nothing like what the hotel promoted in their website. I came across another review of our hotel in a couple's travel blog, and from the pictures, they stayed in our room too. Hence, my only concern is, is that room for guests who booked through Agoda or any other site at a discounted rate? If so, I think it is only fair if they put up photos as not to deceive future guests who are comparing hotels via the internet. I took a peek into the rooms (room service/cleaning left the doors open) as I was making my way downstairs and they all look similar to the photos. I am just pointing this out as we stayed in cheaper hotels around Vietnam (booked through Agoda too), even in Hanoi, yet there was no 'double standard' when it comes to allocation of rooms.

Service wise, people there are friendly. We booked our tour to the Emperor's Tomb via the hotel. Even though it was really last minute, they managed to secure spots for us.

Breakfast served in the hotel is decent. Hotel is located in an alley which is not too bad, if it was not raining every day (road gets muddy and filled with puddles). Nevertheless, it is good location, away from traffic noise yet close to the backpackers' area.

The cab they arranged for us from the hotel to the train station refused to take the (much shorter) route we wanted to use to the station, used a longer route instead!

Plus point - we were on the top floor and can access the rooftop any time. Too bad it was so wet in Hué during our visit

Room Tip: There is only a flight of stairs, so try asking for a room at the lower floors if you are not much of a stairs climber
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank royaltylites
Reviewed 13 January 2012

we had a very short stay in the hotel but we were served warmly by the staff, especially Mr Vu the manager. We requested a last minit pick up fr the train station and they came to wait for us for hours caused our train was delayed. the reception is excellent, room is spacious and clean, however the bed is abit hard and springy. its definitely a great for value place. however, we hope the breakfast menu can be improved, at least with some local fruits. otherwise is excellent

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank michelle_pang007
Reviewed 12 January 2012

We booked this hotel by the recommandations from other people we met in Hanoi. After we get in Hue by train, they arranged the car to pick us up at the train station for free. The hotel is small but very warmly service. We always see the smiles from them and served some drink when we sit down on the lobby or on the public computer. Our room was big and have window, comfortable bed and very clean. Breakfast was very good served by the staff who speaks English not very well. The location was not very good, enough convenient to reach all the most things.
In general, that's our great stay and highly appreciate the service at this hotel. The first choice for my hotel in Hue if I have a chance to come back.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple