All reviews noisy location a small swimming pool maintained hotel key card busy street chi min high floor egg station business hotel bed was comfortable good size the hotel staff the heart of the city front desk staff noodles breakfast buffet pho
Reviewed 28 August 2018

Le Duy Grand Hotel - Ho Chi Minh City

I found three interesting things about this hotel.

1.The shower cubicle in my room was literally a ‘tourist trap’. The door only opened inwards. It was easy to get in but very squeezy getting out, and I only weigh 80kg.

2.Our breakfast was served on Level 12 in what looked like it was meant to be meeting room. Outlook and food very good, but no running water.

Staff were washing the crockery and cutlery in plastic basins on the floor in the adjoining room.

3.Despite there being no mini bar menu and no warning, I was charged on check-out for replacing a can of icy cold Tiger beer from the mini bar with a can of not so cold Tiger beer I bought outside the hotel.

I did notice that the cans in the bar fridge had tiny stickers on them but I did not anticipate the ‘No Swapsies’ rule. I have never encountered that in any hotel in the world before.

I asked the nice person at the reception desk if she might have any idea what was the rationale behind the no swapsies policy. She did not.

I said that it was regrettable that I had not been made aware of this local peculiarity and jokingly asked if I could have my room key back so that I could retrieve MY can of beer.

I had no intention of going back to my room because there were 3 large tour groups trying to get down in the lifts for departure at the same time. After I moved away from the counter to be with my group, the reception person came over to advise that they had sent someone upstairs to get my beer!

Needless to say, there was no chance of the beer fetcher getting back before we left the hotel 10 minutes later.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 August 2018

We stayed here as part of a tour group. It was okay with rooms with a bath and an outdoor pool out front practically on the street. Breakfast was good but there was no room service. Staff were friendly and helpful.

Stayed: August 2018
Reviewed 14 August 2018

We spent 4 nights at this hotel and were quite pleased overall. The front desk staff was always friendly and efficient. The room is somewhat cozy, but nice and clean - although the mattress is fairly firm. The breakfast buffet had a lot to offer including a mix of traditional and North American dishes, but it does tend to get crowded at times. The spa is in the basement but my wife said it was nice, clean and relaxing. Oh and the pool, despite the fact that it's right next to the busy street (which can add a level of entertainment in and of itself), was such a welcome part of our routine for cooling down at night before heading to bed. The location itself isn't bad, and there are a few tourist sites nearby, but it's probably a bit too far for walking to any of the major tourist sites such as the reunification palace, the post office, the cathedral, or the market.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Alain S
Reviewed 11 August 2018 via mobile

Stayed here for two nights. Good Quality accommodation and good breakfasts - lots of choice. Located away from the heart of the city (despite name) but just short taxi ride into centre. Taxis in high demand weekend nights but staff worked very hard to source and sorted everything for us. All reception staff were friendly, polite, cheerful and professional. Very good standard of accommodation.

Stayed: August 2018
1  Thank JonnyM67
Reviewed 28 July 2018 via mobile

New medium sized hotel in district 3, Ho Chi Minh City (Saigon). Nice lobby with friendly professional staff. Outside on the parking lot a small swimming pool. Rooams clean and comfortable beds. Nucely decorated. Two breakfast rooms. One on the 12th floor another near the lobby. Bellboys friendly and helpfull. Rooms comes with TV (& international channels), WIFI, water cooker, minibar.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business