Review Highlights
Great Coffee Tour in HCMC

This tour was a great intro to the world of Vietnamese coffee, with a combination of hands-on... read more

Reviewed 15 October 2017
Catherine S
London, United Kingdom
Coffee Lovers!

We recently went on a new tour for coffee lovers. We travelled as a group to a great little house... read more

Reviewed 30 September 2017
Stephanie K
via mobile

See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 5 September 2016

In a vibrant city famous for its food and drinking lifestyle, what a better and more suitable way to explore the many gastronomic wonders of Saigon than hopping on a motorbike and be amazed by the locals' knowledge and anecdotes related to the many dishes. I personally loved the experience and I thought it was a great way to get access to food I might have never eaten otherwise, because of the language barrier mainly. I couldn't recommend this more. This will be the cherry on top of the cake during your stay in Ho Chi Minh!

Penny_LocalMotion, Your Driver at Saigon Local Motion, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2016

Hey Tommy,

Thank you for the lovely feedback. ;) I am glad to be able to show you parts of this city and learn a bit more about the "outside world". Haha. It's so great to meet you. I enjoy every moment with you. You are so fun and clever. Your stories are amazing. Hope to see you again soon in the near future in wherever Vietnam or Spain.

Reviewed 29 August 2016

The Saigon Local Motion food tour is a must do if you're in Saigon! The locals are amazing, very intelligent and have excellent taste in delicious food. We were able to try so many dishes that we wouldn't have known to order and they were all absolutely fabulous. They take you to places away from the touristy District One and into the true heart of the city where dishes are cheap and mouth watering. Shout out to our 3 lovely tour guides (Penny, Phung and Anh) for giving us an inside look into the most delicious food scene in Southeast Asia. We will be back for more Bun Cha and Banh Knot!

Penny_LocalMotion, Your friend <3 at Saigon Local Motion, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2016

Hey Zoë,

Awww. Thank you so much for giving us this great feedback. It means a lot ! We hope to see you again in November ;) . If you want to go to elsewhere or eat any other food than Bún Chả, let me know ;) (Yup, the bánh Khọt is a must anw) .

Loveeeeeeeeeeee

Reviewed 9 August 2016

We had a great evening. Everything was so well planned, the guides gave us really much information about vietnamese live and cooking style. All the dishes have been fresh and tasty. We were being adventurous and asked for something exotic, and got it (hmmm the balut)...
We tried things and went places that we would never have done on our own. I would absolutely do this again and I can not recommend this tour highly enough. Special thanks go to Trinh and Bobbi, who made this night perfect.

Penny_LocalMotion, Driverrrr at Saigon Local Motion, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2016

Hi Justin,

We are glad that you enjoy our Food tour. Also, thank you for your kind review. We will pass them to Trinh and Bobby. Your words are our motivation to try harder and give the best service to the customers.

With thanks once again

Reviewed 7 July 2016 via mobile

Our only regret is not doing this tour the first night of our trip! We absolutely loved the food tour- Trinh and Quy were amazing guides, so funny and easy to talk with and the food was delicious and opened our eyes to Vietnamese dishes. Being on the back of the bike is really what makes this tour special. Instead of fighting the traffic by foot you can almost enjoy it and at some point you find yourself riding through tiny alleys and eating pho upstairs in a small room with local families, you can't ask for a better way to immerse yourself into their culture. The two guides were so thoughtful they even surprised me desserts for my birthday- great way to end the night! I've been telling ever traveller we run into to do the Local Motion food tour when they reach Saigon!

Penny_LocalMotion, I am a Happy Driver at Saigon Local Motion, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2016

Hi Alyssa,

Thank you so much for your kind words. We are glad that you chose us as a part of your birthday and your journey in Vietnam. Quy and Trinh also would like to say Thank You to you for being such a lovely friend. :) We wish you'd have a great adventure to the North of Vietnam and feel in love with our beautiful country.

With tons of thanks once again.

Reviewed 23 June 2016

Saigon is our last stop and I am so glad that we spent the last night with Saigon Local Motion. The tour was recommended by a friend of mine so we gave it a try and didn't know what to expect. Turned out it was our best decision for our whole three month trip. The guides were so friendly, they took us to hidden places that we would never find out ourself! The food was the bomb, even on the perspective of an Asian, the coffee shop in the end of the tour was just the most beautiful one I have ever been to. If I ever come back to Vietnam, I would definately do this again and I highly recommend this to anyone! Thank you Penny and Trah for taking care of us.

Penny_LocalMotion, Dri to the ver at Saigon Local Motion, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2016

Oh wow Anna, thank you so much for your kind review. You even make an effort to create an account for us, awww appreciate. Also thank you for your ideas and wishes, they meant a lot to us. Anw, I'll try to make it to HK and see you there. Thanks again Anna :)