All reviews near ben thanh market minute walk flat screen decent hotel night market balcony
Reviewed 27 June 2018 via mobile

Friendly staffs with moderately clean rooms. Strategic location for quite a number of places. Disappointed with breakfast but there are better breakfast across the street. Ideal place to stay if you just need a bed for the night.

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 June 2018 via mobile

I just stay here 1 night for my trip in hochiminh city. My first impression is good location, near ben thanh market. Lobby and elevator are quite old . But room has big windows with lights. Love that.

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 May 2018

This hotel is situated near the Ben Thanh market and night market and Saigon Centre. The Wifi connectivity is good and the rooms are quite clean. The breakfast was good. However would have appreciated better service.

Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 December 2017 via mobile

Despite the assistance of Google Maps, we walked past this hotel 3 times before working out this was in fact the place! They have painted and re-clad the front, and it's now gleaming white, instead of pink :-)

Once we worked this out, we checked in. I must say, some previous reviews gave me misgivings, but we decided to take a chance (we had found a good deal online) and this hotel proved to be just fine. The lobby is pretty tired looking, but the reception staff are friendly and helpful.

Our street-facing room was spacious, tidy, & well-appointed, but smelled strongly of an air freshener which we promptly put out on our balcony. The air con is quiet and efficient, the bed comfy, the shower hot & with good pressure, & the flatscreen TV had good reception, with plenty of English movie / TV channels. Wifi on our floor was a bit patchy, but the same password works throughout, so the signal may be better if you connect to adjacent floors.

The rooms facing the street have excellent views of the Bitexco ("Stark") Tower, but the cost of this is quite a bit of street noise. Ask for the other side or use earplugs if you're a light sleeper.

The only thing I can fault with the room is the mouldy grout in the shower/bath. An easy fix with some grout cleaner.

Breakfast upstairs on the 10th floor is pretty good: omelettes / eggs to order, several Asian rice / meat / veg dishes, fruits, cheese, cold cuts, salads, cereal, yogurt, juices, tea and quite nice coffee. It's also a restaurant through the day.

The location is quite handy, and most of the sights we visited were within a 10-20 minute walk. An Uber from the airport cost 6USD and took about 30 minutes.

A perfectly fine stay & we'd stay again.

Date of stay: December 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 November 2017

Was here tagging along for a work trip.

One colleague left after 1 night to stay in a hostel, paying out of own pocket rather than stay another night.

Wife and I stuck it out - just somewhere to sleep, right? Kinda. For the price you can do much better.

MENTIONED IN PREVIOUS REVIEWS
- poor breakfast (just go to a local restaurant and eat better food for a fraction of the cost)
- no a/c in the hallways or elevator (it's pretty gross)
- very dated (oh yeah, no one cares about this place, you can bet on that)
- the safe doesn't work well (I had problems, they asked if I had forgotten my number, I hadn't, noted the previous reviews that had similar problems)
- great location

NOT MENTIONED IN PREVIOUS REVIEWS
- mould on the walls (don't look at the pics I attached, it just ain't right)
- frames of dirt where paintings used to hang (see pictures attached)
- dangerous stairwells (super developing world)
- different pricing if you stay as 1 or 2 people (in case your company is booking, this is important to know)
- most of the 5 star reviews here seem to be written by locals
- the spa on levels 1 and 2 operate as a brothel, any simple Google search will confirm this
- staff are asleep behind the reception by midnight

HOT TAKE: Liberty 2 is living off the Liberty name. It is unloved, and while it probably makes a good brothel, it does not make a great stay with your wife.

Date of stay: November 2017