Review Highlights
Lots of history

This location was close to our hotel. Reflecting on the historical nature of this site brings a... read more

Reviewed 6 April 2018
haileythegolden
Canada
via mobile
Hard to Find.

Reviewed 29 March 2018
Grantman66
Portland, Oregon

See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 29 March 2018

This place is a bit hard to find. It was actually Kitty Corner from my hotel and I still walked around the entire block before I realized I was there. Unfortunately when I saw the red monument on Le Duan it was already past 5:00 and the venue was closed. I did take a nice photo from the rooftop bar at my hotel but other than standing on top of History I found it a bit unremarkable.

2  Thank Grantman66
Reviewed 10 September 2017 via mobile

It was significant in the extraction of US and South Vietnamese in Saigon and as seen was a historic photo of history; however this is not the embassy.

4  Thank Ryan T
Reviewed 2 March 2017 via mobile

This is inaccurate....this is not the former US embassy.
However this is a historic landmark. If you wish to get a good view I suggest going to the office building across the street and asking one off the adjacent offices politely if you can come in. That's what I did

5  Thank jorel424
Reviewed 18 February 2017 via mobile

Having grown in the late sixties and early seventies this embassy was a piece of history. It was something I saw on the nightly news and to see it in person was worth the time. To walk through the areas where their president and family lived was interesting along with seeing the underground bunker. Walking on the roof where the last helicopter flew its last evacuation was amazing to me.

Our Vietnamese hosts and family through marriage to our son were very understanding of our feelings as we also were respectful of theirs. Two countries can be united through loss of fellow countrymen. For us this brought some closure.

2  Thank SeattleBrooklynBoy
Reviewed 30 December 2016

It used to be an American Embassy but not its sort of shopping centre with lots of cafes and bars!
Apparently the building has oldest elevator in South East Asia! And it still works!

1  Thank kasparsvecs