“Lots of history”

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

This location was close to our hotel. Reflecting on the historical nature of this site brings a lot of emotions. Hard to imagine what the people of Saigon went through during those years.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This place is a bit hard to find. It was actually Kitty Corner from my hotel and I still walked around the entire block before I realized I was there. Unfortunately when I saw the red monument on Le Duan it was already past 5:00 and the venue was closed. I did take a nice photo from the rooftop bar at my hotel but other than standing on top of History I found it a bit unremarkable.

Reviewed 10 September 2017 via mobile

It was significant in the extraction of US and South Vietnamese in Saigon and as seen was a historic photo of history; however this is not the embassy.

2  Thank Ryan T
Reviewed 2 March 2017 via mobile

This is inaccurate....this is not the former US embassy.
However this is a historic landmark. If you wish to get a good view I suggest going to the office building across the street and asking one off the adjacent offices politely if you can come in. That's what I did

4  Thank jorel424
See more reviews
Reviewed 18 February 2017 via mobile

Having grown in the late sixties and early seventies this embassy was a piece of history. It was something I saw on the nightly news and to see it in person was worth the time. To walk through the areas where their president and family lived was interesting along with seeing the underground bunker. Walking on the roof where the last helicopter flew its last evacuation was amazing to me.

Our Vietnamese hosts and family through marriage to our son were very understanding of our feelings as we also were respectful of theirs. Two countries can be united through loss of fellow countrymen. For us this brought some closure.

1  Thank SeattleBrooklynBoy