All reviews airport cost stayed for nights air conditioner upon check city view saigon vietnam asians motorbike hairdryer
Reviewed 14 May 2018

Hotel is good. Rooms are also good. They have in house Casino as well as SPA. So you can spend some good time in the Hotel. But kindly note that it is a Hotel and not Resort so other activities are not available. I am a vegeterian and we had got complimentary Breakfast from the Hotel, but I had to survive only on Fruits and Bread Butter. There was no other option of Vegeterian food in Breakfast

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank jayeet2016
Reviewed 25 April 2018

This was a nicely appointed hotel , reasonably priced, added bonus the pool on the 5th floor.
After the heat of the day it is really nice to be able to relax in the evening by the pool. Drink service an added bonus

Stayed: April 2018
RamanaHotel, Manager at Ramana Hotel Saigon, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2018

Dear M. Christina_Wangi,
We greatly appreciate your review.
We are very happy to hear such terrific your feedback, we are very happy to know how much you enjoyed your stay experience, especially the service we delivered.
Our priority is always to serve our guests well, and we will share your compliments with the entire staff, reviews such as yours mean a lot. Thanks again for being our guest, and we look forward to seeing you sometime in the future.

Reviewed 6 April 2018

Stayed here two nights. Had to supply a $1,000,000 dong deposit to cover the mini bar upon check in. I could have cleaned out the mini bar both nights of everything and spent no more $200K. But anways...

Price was decent. When I checked in, I asked about arranging a tour the following day. Even though there is supposedly a Concierge, I was told to ask one of the bell boys, they might be able to help... Don't expect too much help from the desk.

Room was fine. Larger than expected, bed was comfortable. Lucky we were up early as to not have been awakened by the chatty, loud maids at 8 am. There is a central control unit for most of the lights in the room on the night stand. Oddly, the first night every time the air conditioning unit turned on, the lights in the bedroom came on. Same night, a light above the mini bar came on inexplicably, and could only be turned off at the switch on the wall. Second night we had no issues.

Breakfast was acceptable. A bit crazy at times, difficult to find a seat, but acceptable. Watch out for the salted eggs. They still have shells on them.

Not someplace we would stay again.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear M. Aaron S,
Thank you very much for choosing to stay with us and for taking the time to review your experience. Please accept our apologies for the service issues you experienced, as well as not fully meeting your expectations.
Your comments have been shared with the appropriate departments and we are redoubling our efforts to correct these issues going forward.
Please feel free to contact us directly, and we would be happy to discuss your concerns further. We would love the opportunity to restore your faith in our hotel.

Reviewed 4 January 2018 via mobile

Grubby place that is not a 4-star by any stretch of the imagination. We’ve stayed twice in a month on the way to and from London (airline chose the hotel). The air conditioning is rubbish - they don’t air condition any parts of the lobby or halls, they don’t clean properly, evidenced firstly by the sticky writing mats on the reception desk. The rooms are far from reception so if you have a problem - and you will - it takes ages to get to reception to sort it out. We couldn’t do it on the phone because of the feedback or buzz coming from the phone.

Something disgusting was on the headboard above the rock hard bed. Despite being a top tier loyalty card member with Vietnam Airlines they gave us a room with a safe that was dirty, broken and useless, well worn flip flops they actually assumed we’d wear and the grubbiest bathroom I’ve seen in a long time. There was a note to say they were just going to enter the room to fumigate while we were there. We were only staying 15 hours and had to traipse downstairs to tell them. With no safe we had to take all valuables when we went out.

As I right there is a loud crashing coming from above - we’re on the top floor so god knows what that is.

Shame we only have precious hours to sleep before the next flight.

Seriously avoid. There are far better hotels.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family

Dear LondonAllInclusive,
We appreciate that you took the time to share your feedback with us. Comments such as yours help us improve our guest experience.
Thanks for letting us know. Again, thank you so much and we do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future, so that we can provide a better experience.
Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 12 December 2017

I just checked out and can't wait to write this review. One must give credit when its due - the reverse is the same. Some had great stays at Ramana, unfortunately not us. If I were vicious, this would have been a zero-star review.

SERVICE: We checked in and a sullen receptionist saw to us - no smiles to greet us and welcome us - but it's ok - perhaps she had a bad day. There were 4 of us, my aged parents, my wife and I. The receptionist asked once, then twice and then a third time - how many will be staying in the 2 rooms. One time we can understand - 4 passports, 2 rooms - how difficult can the math be? Second time, it gets annoying. Third time and it's an insult. What are you insinuating? And to add to that insult, she insisted on us showing her my 2 aged parents who were seated at the side. You want 2 old people to walk to you and show their faces to you? Is this a police station? What kind of 4 star hotel treats their guests in that manner? Before we even check in, she's already insinuating that we're trying the cheat the hotel by squeezing in more occupants that we registered. Luckily for her, another colleague took note of the situation and took over. Otherwise there would have been one very ugly scene at the reception.

On check out, the same thing happen. My wife had to greet the receptionist (a different one) good morning. Strange, I thought it should be the other way round. This receptionist also seemed to have had a bad morning. Ramana, your staff seem to have very bad days and take it out on your customers. Let’s hope it doesn’t happen frequently.

ROOM : As for the rooms, they’re acceptable but since this is an old hotel, it’s understandable that things are getting a bit old even though efforts have been made to renovate the room. The TV is small – even smaller than the ones provided in one or two-star hotels in HCMC. I work here, so I know. The queen-size double bed is small even for us Asians – so I think the Caucasian guests will find it even smaller. But what is bad is the size of the blanket. It’s not big enough for the 2 of us. There’s only coffee provided in the room, no tea – so bring your own if you drink tea. The bath tub is low. We didn’t try it as we felt that if it was filled with enough water, it’ll overflow when one gets into it.

MEALS : We ordered a-la-carte dinner – the 3 portions of seafood hor fun was below average (the squid was really tough). My chicken breast stuffed with mushroom was a tad too dry. We won’t be having any more dinners there. Breakfast buffet was just ok – nothing to shout about. Enough to fill us up for the morning but nothing to rave about – unlike another hotel’s breakfast which I will definitely rave in my next review. The restaurant is not big enough to accommodate a lot of people. So some had to share the big tables.

VERDICT : You guessed it – never will I stay at Ramana ever again. I’ve been in HCMC for more than 10 years, stayed at a couple of hotels whenever there are visitors. This is the first and also the last time. But let’s be fair. I qualify that I based my opinion on my experience; and everyone’s experience is different.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
RamanaHotel, Manager at Ramana Hotel Saigon, responded to this reviewResponded 19 December 2017

Dear Mr. Bennett,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your recent stay with us and bringing this issue to our attention.
First and foremost, we truly regret to learn that we did not meet your expectation for the delivered service.
After receiving your notification of this incident, we have investigated the check-in procedure and department concerned to find out reason and solution for this issue.
We really appreciate your candid feedback that we will be sure to address and we are constantly working to make improvements on the quality wherever possible.
We very much hope that you will grant us the opportunity to prove ourselves again.
Le My Nga