All reviewsspeak fluent englishnice budget hotelside streethotel is locatedlocal foodplace to staystayed for nightsdistricthcmccitylegendfridge
Reviewed 16 August 2017 via mobile

I originally booked for 1 week and ended up staying for 3. The hotel is located on a small side street of a major street so it's easy access to many parts of the city centre. The hotel is comfortable and clean and the rooms are spacious. Its located in a local area that is close to many cafes, restaurants and markets. Tim, the owner, speaks fluent English and is very helpful to accommodate his guests needs. He knows the city very well and really takes the time and puts a lot of effort into seeing his guests are satisfied. He even took me out to dinner a few times to show me some great restaurants and meet some of his friends. I really enjoyed my stay here and will definitely make this my home every time I visit HCMC. This place just can't be beat!!!!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 16 August 2017 via mobile

We have been in this hotel last weekend for 2 nights. Very good position almost the best one. It is walking distance to the center and quiet. Room is spacious, clean and bright, staff is very kind. Would like to stay here again.

Stayed: August 2017
Reviewed 10 July 2017

I would fully recomment staying at Minh Chau Hotel (Dien Bien Phu). My room was very equipped, clean, quiet, spacious and had wonderfully comfortable bed. The staff were also very helpful. Tim, the owner from California, very kind and super enthusiastic, ready to help you anything you need. They also have a good motorbike rental service, and they have a kitchen you can use it if you want. Good location for food and nightlife... You really only pay a very low price to get so many great services. Happy and satisfied for 4 days and 3 nights, would certainly stay again...

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 July 2017 via mobile

Everything is pretty much just right for the reasonable rate. No reason to complain here. I love this hotel with a lot of good stuff such as: good location, kind staff, the room is pretty tidy, well organized...
Good hotel, will come back!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 June 2017 via mobile

Hotel was a big old but all staff are very helpful. I also feel that the hotel is far from District 1 maybe due to hot weather as Saigon is a very busy and hot place. Many of our trip to different attractions are by Grab Car cause our trip spend 50% on transport fees. So if you plan for budget trip, I will advice to looking for hotel near District 1 and maybe choose those hotel with higher floor in District 1 to avoid noise in the busy road. The reasons we not able take public transport such as bus because communication barrier as most of them not able to understand english. Besides, foods and souvenir try to get from proper restaurant or shop (e.g. Family Market, Legend Coffee Shop or Saigon Post Office) with receipts compare to night market or Binh Tan Market as extremely expensive. This will help avoid being cheat as you aware how much to paid & bring along calculator all time. Becareful of pickpocket and street foods may have hygienic problem. I will come to this place again HCMC!!!

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple