Tan Hoang Long Hotel
Sanouva Saigon Hotel(Ho Chi Minh City)
US$ 79
US$ 63
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Nikko Saigon(Ho Chi Minh City)
US$ 123
US$ 113
Sofitel Saigon Plaza(Ho Chi Minh City)
US$ 151
US$ 129
  • Pool
New World Saigon Hotel(Ho Chi Minh City)
US$ 159
US$ 140
US$ 172
US$ 156
  • Restaurant
Windsor Plaza Hotel(Ho Chi Minh City)
US$ 106
Agoda.com
Saigon Prince Hotel(Ho Chi Minh City)
US$ 100
US$ 91
  • Pool
Rex Hotel(Ho Chi Minh City)
US$ 193
US$ 185
  • Breakfast included
Saigon View Residences(Ho Chi Minh City)
US$ 54
US$ 46
TripAdvisor
Harmony Saigon Hotel & Spa(Ho Chi Minh City)
US$ 95
US$ 93
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsgreat locationwalking distancesmall hotelrooms are cleandong khoi streetbreakfast roomlarge bathroomnotre dame cathedralhot watermekong deltastar hotelstayed here for nightsopera housevietnamese foodben thanh marketwi fidefinitely stay here again
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 17 February 2012

I booked a standard double room for one person, it comes with a queen size bed but the room is only good for one person to move around.

1. The location of this hotel is perfectly at city centre, I can easily move around by walking. Most of the places I need to go are within the 2km radius which walking is perfectly fine for me.

2. The hotel is new and clean.

3. Water pressure is strong in bathroom but my bathtub was leaking, I didn't report to the front desk since it isn't a big deal for me.

4.Only One free power outlet in the room, which is not very sufficient for me as I need one for my laptop and another to charge my phone before I go to bed.

5.A Clean Kettle is provided in the room, that’s important for me to make tea and coffee in the room.

6.There are 21” TV, mini fridge, safe, wardrobe, dress table (big enough for working with a laptop).

7.Hair dryer is provided in the bathroom. You don't need to request one.
8.So happen there is renovation work being carried out by one of the neighbors, if you do not want to be disturbed in day time, do check with the hotel before you make the booking.

9.Breakfast is included but you can only order ONE dish out of the menu, whether it is food or beverage. Meaning if you order Coffee, you cannot order fried rice or omelets, this is only thing that I can complain.

10.So happen I stayed in a room in the first floor, even though there is a window but the window is facing a wall of the adjacent building which is a feet away, there is completely no sunlight at all in the room. If you wish to have a window with sun light, you may have to request them to put you in a higher floor.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Tengyong
Reviewed 15 February 2012

Only stayed here for one night, before an early morning flight to Danang. We checked in late afternoon, having caught a ferry from Vung Tao. Check in was quick and easy, received a room on the seventh floor (as requested months before the stay) which was cosy and very clean. Could quite easily be classed as a four star hotel, with the fittings in the room and the bathroom being impeccable. Double bed was big enough for both my girlfriend and I. Breakfast was simple and was ordered via a menu. Cannot fault in any way. Located within walking distance of shopping, great food and entertainment.

Room Tip: Choose a high floor - rooms have a nice view of the cityscape.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Daniel K
Reviewed 13 February 2012

Tan Hoang Hotel is a Fabulous little Hotel ,the staff were always dressed smartly, were very friendly and helpful. The Hotel is well maintained and very clean,' with Wi Fi, Air Con, fridge ,tv and safe, etc in the rooms.
We booked an executive suite room 101 ,which was spacious with a chaise lounge and a jacuzzi bath, we found the room so relaxing .
This wonderful Hotel is in an excellent location for Site Seeing , Restaurants, Bars and shops etc. Would definitely stay here again and highly recommend this Hotel. We loved it .

Room Tip: Get an executive suite .
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 February 2012

We only stayed there for one night as we returned from Nha Trang and were due to fly out the next day.

From the start, everything went smoothly. We checked into room 502 which was cosy. For the cheap price - you can't complain! Double bed which seemed bigger than normal, everything was new and clean. Absolutely loved this hotel as it had everything - minibar, aircon, safe, wifi in the room as well as downstairs with a printer etc. The only downside is the gap between the bath and wall (but it seems like everywhere in Vietnam has this?) and water tends to drip down and wet the floor. But nothing like a couple of towels can't fix!!

Our flight the next day wasn't until 7.50pm and unfortunately we had someone else staying in our room. Reception kindly took our luggage and kept it in a room behind them for safe keeping and booked us a taxi to the airport while we went shopping!

Staff were always lovely, friendly and did everything with a smile. Hardworking - the cleaners were scrubbing away in the hallway which is something I like to see - cleaniness! And you could tell throughout the hotel that they maintained that.

This hotel is highly recommended and I will definitely be coming back.

Room Tip: Higher floors have a better view and choose a room with the window if you're going for a standard.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Anika1901
Reviewed 30 January 2012

The Tan Hoang Long Hotel is located in District 1 in Ho Chiinh City. The hotel is very clean and the staff are very pleasant. The front desk set up a walking tour of District 1 showing us how to get from our hotel to the Notre Dame Basilica, Re-Unification Palace, War Remnants Museum, Ben Thanh Market, City Hall and the Opra Hall. They provided us with a map and step by step directions from the door of the hotel. This was a bonus since we thought that we would have to jump in a taxi from stop to stop. Once you get the feel of where you are and where the Saigon River is then orientation becomes easier.
The rooms are clean and provide free wifi. Therre is a buffet breakfast with the rooms if wanted.There is a buffet breakfast which you have the choice of western or Vietnamese breakfast. I think that this is a very good way to start the day, without having to look for a place to begin the day at.The staff in the restaurant is helpful and courteous. They serve an array of fruit and have juice , coffee, tea, and water.
Anything that you wanted to know or buy can be arranged or directed to by the front desk. We booked tickets for the water puppet show and got front row seats the day of the show. When travelling around the city the taxicabs are metered and we had no problems in the pricing or being taken for a ride. At times the traffic is so heavy that it may be a wise idea to jump out and walk.
The hotel room has a safe, fridge and tv with sattelite channels. The bathroom has marbel walls and floor, with a bathtub/ shower.
If you have never travelled to Ho Chi Minh City it is an experience. The traffic is nothing that I have ever experienced in my life. In rush hour the scooters, cars and trucks are wall to wall.When I first walked around we tried not crossing the streets and trying to walk in circles. But after getting help by the locals, the job of crossing the streets didn't become as intimidating as first seemed. After watching some of the locals cross and with the help of a lady with a stick over her shoulders carrying a huge pot one side and on the other side was a large tray with an assortment of things. She gradually stepped off the curb always watching the traffic and slowly inching her way onto the street. The cars finally stop and the scooters vere around you both from in front and behind. After you have successfully navigated your first crossing the others become easier every time.
After discovering District 1 I would certainly go back here again.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple