See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 13 January 2016 via mobile

We stayed here at the end of our tour of Vietnam. Hotel is clean and the staff were friendly. There is a minimart straight across the road to buy food and drink. It is a 20minute walk to the Imperial Palace and to the big market. The lift was very slow so factor that into your time.

Stayed: January 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 January 2016 via mobile

The hotel has 12 floors and one slow poke of a lift so planning an arrival or depparture from you room needs a bit of forethought. We tended to walk down and sometimes walk up but the passages and stairwell are not airconditioned so it was very hot.
I read a previous review which said the hotel is noisy so at check in we asked to be moved from the 4th to the 11th floor. Good move but even there it is still noisy. The dining room is on the 12th floor and every morning at 530 there is a loud banging noise for a few minutes.
Breakfast is ok but not great. Wifi worked reliably.
Location is within walking distance of reunification palace, cathedral and old post. Ofi

Stayed: January 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 January 2016 via mobile

I stayed in the Family Inn Saigon as part of an intrepid group trip through Vietnam.

The hotel is in a good location, easy to walk to the sites from here and if lazy, Son a really friendly Vietnamese man with a cyclo hangs out in the street to ferry you about! Guaranteed a great tour with Son!

The room was fine, quieter than other Vietnamese hotels. Safe locked and did not work. Bathroom was large and clean, as was the bed linen. Comfy bed.

Breakfast was ok, I have had far better elsewhere. Amazing cafes and the cafe with the birds only 5 minutes walk away so head away there.

The reception staff were a little on the rude side. No rooms to shower in pre your transfer or any facilities before your flight which is awkward.

Stayed: January 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 January 2016 via mobile

Stayed here recently and were a bit disappointed about the level of noise. There doesn't seem to be any sound proofing on the windows so we could hear all the road noise and people milling around outside or from the club a couple of doors down. There was also a beeping from the elevator that goes every minute. And the wifi was great in the lobby but our floors wifi didn't work so reception put us on an unsecured one but don't know where from.

Aside from that the hotel is clean and in a central location. Not too bad for the price of the hotel

Stayed: January 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 January 2016 via mobile

We had planned to make a quick stop at this hotel and then go to the Mekong Delta. But my youngest daughter got stomach flue so we had to stay... This is when it begun:

My oldest daughter and my wife left for the tour I stayed behind.

With an eight year old puking in the toilet I went down to the reception and explained the situation and sure we could have another room ($50 per night). Wanting to get back to my daughter I accepted this.

20 minutes later the phone rings - "when u pay?". I answered: "As soon as I can leave my daughter. "

This was not good enough for the lady on the phone and they sent a person to the room to get money. I payed just to be left alone...

As my daughter got better we decided to spend on more day in Ho Chi Min. I went online and checked hotels.com. A room was $35 online!?!

I went down to the reception and explained that I felt that they had used the situation to get at least $15 to much for the room. "Sorry nothing they could do." Over her shoulder I saw that my room was registered in their system as payed at the rate of $30. I wonder where the other $20 went?

The second day I think the staff felt a bit bad as they were really nice to us the last 24 hours.

Long story... Now to the hotel:
(Raining would have been 2 without the story above)

As I have had two different rooms I have some experience:

Air con: weak and noisy in all three rooms
Internet: bad signal works 50% of the time.
Breakfast: Limited and juices are more like lemonade.
Bathroom: ok, but needs a good cleaning
Elevator: only one, takes 5 minutes to get it