All reviews rooftop pool breakfast and afternoon tea street food market great location ben thanh market independence palace high tea easy walking distance steam room lovely hotel recommend this hotel excellent breakfast small pool good size war remnants museum post office top floor
Reviewed 24 September 2018

There were many great things about this hotel. The location is close to everything, we walked almost everywhere and could therefore avoid taxis (which was good to save money because the other reviews are correct in saying how expensive the car service to and from the airport is. However, the prices are clearly marked and we felt safer taking those than regular taxis.) The breakfast and tea time are also great. The food was delicious and the staff was very attentive.

The downside would have to be the noise. Even when you try and close the room doors quietly, they slam. If you have neighbors who are up later than you, you will definitely hear them. I suggested to the hotel to put some noise dampeners on the doors, which I think would help immensely. Other than that, this was a perfectly comfortable hotel in an amazing location.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Ngoc P, Manager at Silverland Yen Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2018

Dear Rachael R,

Warmest greetings from Silverland Yen Hotel!

Thank you for such a positive review about us on TripAdvisor.

It's very kind of you to share that you enjoyed your stay with us, and I appreciate your nice words about our hospitality. We always want to deliver the best service to our valued guests.

Unfortunately, there are some minor issues in regards to the room noise happened in the hotel that can't get 5 stars from you. Please be rest assured that your constructive comment has been well noted and it will definitely be shared among our management team to improve further.

I do hope that we will have another chance to bring you another fantastic stay in Ho Chi Minh City. Please do not hesitate to contact me for further reservation.

Reviewed 23 September 2018

Great location close to the market. Nice pool and bar on the 10th floor, could do with opening later. Rooms are a good size , well stocked. Breakfast was good and the staff are really welcoming and helpful.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear 1266ali,

Warmest greetings from Silverland Yen Hotel!

Thank you for sharing such an amazing review about your latest experience to others on TripAdvisor.

I am very happy to learn that you totally enjoyed your stay at our hotel, and all the hotel facilities were met your expectation. We always try to deliver the best moments to our valued guests, so your comment is really meaningful to us.

Please do let me know if your travel plans bring you back to Saigon. I am very happy to assist you with your booking.

Reviewed 23 September 2018

Nice room, good food and is super convenient. Definitely will stay again on my next business trip. Set dinner is a must try and mini bar is free!! So is afternoon tea, accompanied with Live instrumental music.

Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Ngoc P, Manager at Silverland Yen Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2018

Dear georges5775,

Warmest greetings from Silverland Yen Hotel!

What a great review about your latest experience at our hotel on TripAdvisor! I really appreciate what you thought about us and I am glad to learn that you were satisfied with our hotel services and facilities.

Once again, thank you for your amazing feedback about our services, and please do not hesitate to contact me if you plan to visit Ho Chi Minh City again in the future.

Reviewed 23 September 2018

Could not recommend this place more! Great price, under $200 a night for a large suite including free breakfast and afternoon tea. Great location, walking distance to all the top tourist locations. Great staff, so friendly and helpful. Plus! There is a cute little roof top pool with bar doing happy hour from 2pm - 6pm everyday! Had a truly wonderful stay!

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Claudia D,

Reviewed 22 September 2018

I stayed three nights on my own at the Silverland Yen and found it to be great value for money. It's clean, the rooms are spacious, bed is comfortable, and the hotel really well located.

The gym was super tiny (one treadmill, one bike, one elliptical and some free weights), but if you're looking to go for a run, you can loop around the Independence Palace block across the street. Four loops is about 5.5km (but go early - like 6am - it gets so hot and noisy and busy with rush hour by about 630!).

The pool was lovely and rather quiet. It's really small, but it's refreshing and has a nice view of the city/chaos below.

The staff were really, really nice and friendly and welcoming. They were always smiling and willing to help out, whether it was with suggestions for what to do, mailing postcards, etc. Dory welcomed me when I first got there and she was SO nice. She always made a point of chatting with me throughout my stay and I loved that.

The breakfast was only okay, but nice to have it included. I mainly used it for coffee and some light bites while I planned my day. Afternoon tea is also included and it seems like some of the food is leftover from breakfast. I didn't each much then (except fresh fruit), but they have local musicians come in and play, which was really enjoyable and worth checking out.

I opted to get the airport transfers and was so glad I did. My pick up was easy and in a brand new SUV. Driver was nice, but was on his phone watching videos at one point, while driving! It's common in Vietnam, but definitely a bit unsettling while navigating the crazy traffic. Drop off to the airport was in an older mini van, but still with a nice driver. I highly recommend getting the airport transfers.

There were a couple things I didn't love, mostly that the walls are really thin so you can definitely hear conversations from the hallway. There are only about nine rooms on each floor, though, so it's not tooooo bad. But the doors are heavy and you definitely hear them close loudly. Also, the shower was fine, but there wasn't much of a way to stop the water from going on the floor outside the tub. Not awful, but just not ideal.

I would definitely stay here again - great value for money, clean, safe, comfortable, and friendly.

• Trip type: Travelled solo

Dear lindsaypindsay,

Warmest greetings from Silverland Yen Hotel!

Thank you for sharing such a detailed feedback about us on Trip Advisor.

I am so happy to have your high recognition of the hospitality from our associates, especially Dory - our Guest Relations Officer. She will definitely get a reward for her outstanding performance. It is always a pleasure to receive such inspiring review like yours, and I am truly thrilled to know that you thoroughly enjoyed your time with us. I am also glad that our ambience, our facilities and the quality of Silverland standards met your expectations.

I also would like to say thank you for bringing some room issues to my attention. Please be rest assured that your constructive comment has been well noted and it will definitely be shared among our management team to improve further.

We hope that we will have another opportunity to welcome you back and demonstrate our commitment in delivering the service excellence.