1,020 results
All reviews ben thanh market rooftop bar world hotel small window pho room rate special thanks walking distance pleasant stay night market buffet breakfast vince vietnam jacuzzi saigon ms taxi
Reviewed 5 March 2016 via mobile

When we first got there I guess they overbooked their room and told us to go to another hotel of theirs and move back in to the actual hotel that we book the next day. Of course we said no ... After about 45 min of them trying to figure things out, they finally have a room for us. Which btw, we made the reservation for 3 rooms. The hotel itself is pretty standard hotel. Breakfast was ok with good enough selection
But they do need to change their windows. We are almost at the top level but we can still hear the street noise. It was loud and we basically couldn't sleep at night. The location is close by to few cafes and walking distance to local markets.

Stayed: November 2015, travelled as a couple
Pierre313, Guest Relations Manager at Alagon Central Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2016

Dear Emma B,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments on TripAdvisor.

We have noted your valuable feedback about the room and the window of the room and surely we will pass this to hotel management who in turn will address this through our improving programs.

Again, thank you for your feedback and look forward to the pleasure of serving you again at the Alagon Central Hotel & Spa.

Best Regards,
Andrew Tram

Reviewed 1 March 2016 via mobile

I travelled to Vietnam at the end of Jan and HCMC was my first stop for just over two weeks. I was keen to get something that pretty much ticked all the boxes given the time I would be there and I have to say Alagon didn't fall short.

TBH I have read some of the more negative reviews and I couldn't help but feel some were just nitpicking.
Yes breakfast time was hectic at times, depending on the times you arrived to eat, but the food was amazing and the staff were always friendly and accommodating.

As an avid cyclist I was keen to get a hotel that had a gym and while it was functional it really does need an update. The equipment is quite old and given the small size and limited equipment it really doesn't accommodate for more than 3-4 max people at any one time.

I had a room with a small window which overlooked an alley and I found it to be quiet and apart for the TET celebrations I never had trouble sleeping (which is to be expected) in fact the bed was AMAZING!

On a negative note I was frequently woken around 7am as the maids ran on the tiled floors from one room to another and they often yelled from one room to another to talk to other staff. However to be honest the fact that other guests on my floor were smoking and my room often stunk of cigarette smoke- and this bothered me more than the maids.

My feedback would be that if you want to promote the fitness centre/spa and rooftop deck as an exclusive upgrade staff should check that guests are allowed to be there as it got really crowded quite quickly and become a place that you couldn't use as promised.

Overall generally happy. If you get room service her the spaghetti Napoletana- delish! I'd stay here again.

Stayed: February 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank Lori-Jayne78
Pierre313, Giám đốc quan hệ khách hàng at Alagon Central Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 2 March 2016

Dear Lori-Jayne78,
Thank you for choosing to stay with us and we really appreciate that our guests take their time to share their experience regarding their stay.
We have noted your valuable feedback about our gym room and the room maids. Surely we will pass this to hotel management who in turn will address this through our improving programs.
We appreciate our guest sharing their feedback in every single point and your feedback is important to us as it helps us improve the level of service we provide.

Warm regards,
Andrew Tram

Reviewed 25 February 2016 via mobile

I visited Vietnam for the first time this year and I had booked ALAGON Hotel for my first 3 days. The accommodation was exactly as described and shown in photos. Breakfast was excellent, room was great, Rooftop bar was quirky with great cocktails, atmosphere and views. There was even a small functional gym which I utilised. I tried to book further accommodation to find it was booked out. I wasn't surprised. I will definitely stay there on my next visit.

Stayed: February 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 24 February 2016

First, it's quite difficult to locate this hotel because it in the front it shows "HOANG HAI LONG" then only as a second line "ALAGON CENTRAL HOTEL". And if you see several Hoang Hai, it's because this hotel has several entrances (I saw at least 3) in different streets but it's the same building. That said, this is centrally located, a few steps only from Cho Benh Thanh. Traffic is a mainstay since it is really a place where there are lots of tourists but that only means it's so easy to get a cab. You pay for the location and not the amenities - I've stayed in better rooms and services in Saigon for a cheaper price. But you can find everything around this hotel so that's a plus. It has several "wings" (north, south, etc). The dining area is quite chaotic late in the morning. Each wing seemingly has its own dining area but it's actually the same buffet. The rooms are basic (although with a bathtub) but quite small. All in all, I'd probably look for other places to stay in before coming back to this hotel.

Stayed: July 2015
Reviewed 23 February 2016 via mobile

Alagon central is a decent hotel, 3 stars hotel that serve a good breakfast, has a good tourist desk information counter, friendly with good English staff, clean rooms and sheets, easy access to most attraction points in Saigon.
I noticed that towels have a nice aroma.
Many a little bit more maintenance in bathroom could be better.
Thanks for the helpful staff

Stayed: February 2016, travelled with friends