1,528 results
All reviews halong bay old quarter foot massage mr david cooking class honeymoon suite welcome drink staff were amazing sister hotel restaurant staff pho balcony room laundry service hotel experience airport transfer exceptional service train station
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

I've been there 2 times to have different kind of massages, one foot massage and the Indian back & shoulders and both were ones of the best I've had in all Vietnam, and I've had around 12 in total. The price is more expensive than in other places but the quality and professionality of the massage and the staff worth every penny. They serve you tea and snacks before and after the massage. And one of the things I appreciated more was the peaceful atmosphere with chill out music and that the masseuses don't talk between them as it happens in 90% of the places I've been in Vietnam, which for me, ruins the experience. Will go again definitively.

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Zortron
Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

Great hotel rooms are nice,spacious, the breakfast in the restaurant is great diverse choice, amazing staff very kind, smiling, discrete. The restaurant is really nice and the prices are very low for the quality of the service

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank martinswn4
Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

We stayed at this quaint boutique hotel for 3 nights on the final leg of our Vietnam trip.
Driving into the old quarter in rush hour traffic felt quite intimidating but pulling up at Hanoi Marvellous put a smile on our faces as the entrance and foyer stand out from the other buildings on the street. The hotel is elegantly decorated and the staff uniforms are co-ordinated with the decor. We were warmly welcomed by the receptionist and bellboys. The hotel is tall and slim therefore our room was not overly spacious and a little dark due to the adjacent buildings. They are clean, tastefully decorated and good use is made of the space available. We were more than comfortable. The bathroom looks functional I actually loved the shower which was roomy.

We had had a long day travelling so decided to eat at the restaurant. The food was stunning and on par with an excellent meal we had at Morning Glory in Hoi An. If you stay at the marvellous make sure you have a meal here and check out the cooking class. My husband and I did this on our last day and had such good fun as well as learning to cook.

I cannot fault any of the staff. Lan on reception and travel desk arranged an excellent trip to Ha Long Bay. You could probably get cheaper from the street travel agents but this trip was excellent value for money. I have been on a few trips abroad involving boats and food and generally the quality and hygiene are questionable but I was pleasantly surprised with the standards on this trip.

On our last day we also booked a massage and was offered use of the sauna at their other hotel J W Marvel. The SPA facilities at this hotel are lovely and the massage very relaxing.

Excellent hotel with excellent staff who feel aggrieved if they do not meet your expectations.

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank lizbradley327
Reviewed 3 April 2018

Nice place in the heart of the old city. Staff very kind and always ready to help you. I spent only one night there but I was very satisfied about stay, food, location. I also used their transfer service to go to the airport with good quality

• Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Thomas T
Reviewed 2 April 2018

We stayed here the night before and after our cruise in Ha Long Bay, with my spouse and 2 kids - 15 and 17. We had 2 rooms and the hotel ensured that we were side by side. The rooms were super clean and modern and the shower was amazing. The staff are extremely friendly and helpful, anticipating what we might need (snack on the bus to the cruise, ride from and to the airport, baggage storage, etc) and offering great recommendations and directions on how to navigate in Ha Noi. The Marvel restaurant in the hotel is top notch and the breakfast included was excellent. I would highly recommend staying here, the cost for the experience provided is beyond expectations.

Room tip: With a family of 4, you do not need to have a suite. They coordinate side by side rooms, which is great for older children.
  • Trip type: Travelled with family