All reviewshalong bayold quarterma may streetprivate bathroomtop floorrooms are cleanshort stayairport picktourheartinternetalicelakeasiavietnamese
Reviewed 30 October 2012

We stayed here last year after Christmas till New Year. It was winter time and generally quite cold. We were at first checked in the Golden Wings I as the booking probably put us in that hotel. We didnt notice that there are actually two Golden Wings (old and new) blocks. Our room was facing the road and the noise from the street was quite unbearable for me as a light sleeper. I cannot really stand with the constant beeping from the vehicles from early in the morning till late at night. We checked out after a couple of days staying there for the Ha Long Bay excursion but will be coming back for the rest of our stay in Hanoi. I then requested a room in the Golden Wings II on the top floor and at the back. The staff attended to my request promptly and we managed to get our desired room. The heater in the room worked well which helped with the cold weather. The rooms are spacious and comfortable.Location wise-perfect if you want to keep going around the shops and lake. Love the stalls along the hotels as well, handy to get our dinner.

Room Tip: Higher floor and not facing the road.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Emiliza
Reviewed 28 October 2012

We booked a standard room without a window as we were only there for one night after a trip. The room seemed very run down. The walls were grubby as was the bathroom, when we arrived there was hair in the plughole. The wifi didn't work as we were on the ground floor but there was a dodgy looking ethernet cable hanging out of a hole in the wall and the plug next to it didn't work so you couldn't charge the laptop whilst online. The thin walls and door meant that the sound from the reception area could be heard easily at night. The breakfast buffet in the sister hotel was one of the poorest we have had in Vietnam. We had a slight issue and when we raised this with the young gentleman on the desk he became very agitated, quite angry and rude towards us. If you stay here we would suggest you pay more and have a better quality room, but based on our experience we would never stay here again and would not recommend that anyone else did.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 October 2012

We stayed here at either end of a three day trip to Halong Bay. The rooms we had were functional and at the back of the hotel. They are helpful but we had already arranged our trip in Hoi An so they could not sell us anything more. It is smack in the heart of the old town with great bars and restaurants. The bathrooms were poor and the shower was a handheld type. The breakfast room did have small flies and we could not get our legs under the tables.

Room Tip: No lift to 7th floor. Get a room at the back if you require quiet. Do not get room 203 above the kitchen as they start cooking at 6 am
Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 October 2012

I stayed at the golden wings for about a week at the end of August 2012. I found the people there to be most helpful and happy to assist in anyway.

Hang ,Jessica, Steven and the other employees really looked after me and made me feel welcome and at home.
The accomodation was really good. Room seviced each day and for the price I don't believe anyone could complain TV , ensuite, clean linen , towels etc.

Steven arranged all my tours at competetive prices so i didn't have to shop around for best prices.

I know that i will be going back to Hanoi and i will definately stay with these guys and girls again.

I hope you give the Golden Wings Hotel a go. I'm sure you won't be disappointed

Regards Paul

Oh yer i negotiated to have breakfast and it was a buffett which kept me going till mid afternoon.

Room Tip: If elderly see if you can get a room close to ground floor as some stairs are quite steep
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Paul b
Reviewed 18 October 2012

Stayed there with 2 other friends for 3 nights and we loved it. Not a 5-star hotel, but everything seems to be so perfect. Big clean room, bathroom with bath tub, TV, fridge, free wifi & internet at the lobby, and the best part is you actually get a balcony overlooking the hustle bustle of Hanoi city.

Strategic location, right in the city center, short walk to all the cool restaurants and bars, even souvenir shopping areas. we took a Bai Tu Long junkboat 1-night package to Ha Long Bay, and the agent's office is just a block away. I would definitely recommend this hotel to all travelers and friends. cheers~

Room Tip: The rooms at the front have balconies, so you can easily smoke outside.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends