2,586 results
All reviewssunset barmain buildingwest lakesaigon restaurantcafe du lacthe club loungelake viewpillow menuold quarterbeautiful hotela short taxi ridebreakfast buffetthe hustle and bustlefive star hotelupgraded to a suiterooms are largebusy city
Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

Stayed here for 3 nights at the start of our 2 week trip. We organised an airport transfer through the hotel which was seamless. This hotel is a short taxi ride from the centre of Hanoi which is great for tranquility after spending a day in the busy centre of Hanoi. The room was clean and spacious, towels were plentiful, breakfast was good, staff were friendly and the sunset bar was very nice to relax with a cocktail.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
G_HotelManager_ICH, Manager at InterContinental Hanoi Westlake, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2018

Dear Lisaj79,
Thank you for sharing your stay experience.
I am glad you enjoyed the unique resort feel that InterContinental Hanoi Westlake provides – away from the hustle and bustle of Hanoi. Our Sunset Bar has always been highly recommended for our guests who in return often mention it as a special highlight of the hotel.
We are looking forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 4 April 2018

This is a very large hotel, away from the city centre so you need a taxi to get into town..... the hotel is superb and the rooms to match, we only stayed one night whilst travelling in Vietnam, so didn't use many facilities although the pool area was very small for the size of the hotel.

Room Tip: Get a room over the water for best views
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
G_HotelManager_ICH, Manager at InterContinental Hanoi Westlake, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2018

Dear Andy S,
Thank you so much for sharing your comments about your recent stay with us. It is a delight to know that our hotel becomes a memorable part of your experience in Hanoi.
I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

If full grade is 5 points, I would like to give my grading regarding the following aspects:
Satisfaction with room: 5
Cleaning: 5
Service: 5
Breakfast: 5
Facilities: 4
Environment of beauty: 5

The characteristics of the room which I have stayed in this deluxe hotel are soft and cozy bed, modern design of decorations, delicate bamboo weaving furnitures and multiple options of pillow. Furthermore, there is a balcony for each room to allow guests to have a great view for enjoying the view of glamorous west lake. Due to the complete facilities accommodated in this room like a bath tub, a shower room, side tables and cabinets, the room isn't so spacious but still comfort.
The highlight of living in this hotel is that there are wide options for pillows. There are multiple types of pillow on the “pillow menu” allowing the guests choosing for sleep. In my memory, there were different types of pillow as latex pillow, down pillow, long pillow and so on to fulfill different preferences of guests. It’s really kind to me and impressed me a lot since I am the one who hardly sleep without a suitable pillow.
The breakfast which was included in the accommodation fee impressed me, too. The Vietnamese beef noodle soup of breakfast was fantastic, because it surpassed what my best standards for Vietnamese beef noodle soup in my mind. The pho was tasty and with springy texture, the beef broth was scrumptious, and the special condiments which the chef added when complete the dish was terrific that soulfully this dish. It is the best Vietnamese beef noodle soup I have ever eaten in Vietnam I think. Not only the noodle, but also the other cuisine of the breakfast were both tasty and delicate enough to trigger my vigor to one who enjoy it. After all, don’t forget to have a walk along the trails which is built on the West Lake, it’s an ideal way to relax and escape from madding crowd by appreciating the glamorous natural lake view.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Vacationer755207

Dear 明緒 林,
Thank you for choosing InterContinental Hanoi Westlake. Every guest is our reason to aim higher and provide the top service. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us. I look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the future.

Reviewed 2 April 2018

We stayed in an Over-Water Pavillion, a 5 minute walk from the main hotel block with its restaurant and reception. I would ask for a room closer to the hub if this is a concern for you.The room was well decorated in an Asian style and was very comfortable. The bathroom was very modern with stand alone shower cubicle, as well as bath etc. Service was excellent, one day we mistakenly pushed the "Do not Disturb" button, arriving back to an unmade room at 5 pm. This was sorted by 6pm, so we were very impressed. Breakfast had an amazing selection of Asian cuisines as well as Western favourites. Check in was slow as we were travelling as a party of 4 couples, but Erik the Manager checked with us, so that was much appreciated. Laundry service was also very good.
A short drive in awful traffic will bring you to the must see Old part of Hanoi. A very well maintained property, which is sometimes missing in some Vietnamese hotels. We would definitely stay again in this oasis of calm.

Room Tip: Get a Room in the main building if mobility is a problem. These have views of the whole property but are not over the water.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
2  Thank MadamJosephine

Dear MadamJosephine,
Thank you for your comment about our hotel. It is a great pleasure to have you staying with us. At InterContinental, we pride ourselves not only with unique location over the water of Westlake which bringing resort feels to guests but our customized service also. I am very happy that you have memorable experience with us
We are looking forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 2 April 2018

This hotel was a highlight of our trip to Vietnam. It is located on a lake and away from the hustle bustle of the traffic. Vietnam is a land of two wheelers with 74 million two wheelers for a population of 92 million. But yet a short taxi ride of 15 to 20 minutes gets you to the attractions and the fashionable old quarters for your shopping. At the check in since we were in a large group we got slightly delayed since the person at the counter thought we were checking in for a single room and then realized later that we were in a group so we lost some time. However, the stay was most delightful. In fact a friend of mine and his wife skipped the city tour that day to soak in the comfort of the vast hotel which is so well maintained. The rooms were a bit distant and had to be accessed with a cart which is always available. The Sunset bar is such a lovely place that my group just kept ordering snacks and beverages well until midnight. The wifi connection was a bit fifty fifty since it worked for my wife and not for me. But the rooms were spacious with a balcony having the lake view. When my friend wanted a bottle opener, they delivered in no time. The breakfast was amazing, especially for a vegetarian like me who also does not eat eggs. Of course a great variety for the others who eat everything. We had also dinner at Milan their Italian restaurant which i would give a Michelin star for the quality of food and service. A great ending to our lovely stay at Vietnam and Hanoi.Would definitely recommend Vietnam and this hotel particularly in Hanoi if you traveled with friends and family.

Room Tip: Since some rooms have stair access only do let them know in advance if you accessibility issues.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends

Dear hemcho,
Thank you for sharing your feedback from your recent stay with InterContinental Hanoi Westlake. Bringing comfortable stay and memorable experience to our guest is our major measurement for all services. It is always a delight to read such a great recommendation from you.
We look forward for your return in the near future.