See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 18 December 2009

My wife and I stayed at the Majestic salute hotel for 3 nites in Nov 2009. It was part of a tour so I do not know how much the accomodation cost. We stayed in room 504 which was very clean and quite spacious. There was a sitting area with a large window opening onto a terrace. The king bed was quite firm, and like alot of places in Europe,really consisted of 2 twin mattresses put together. Therefore, it was best to avoid the middle of the bed. The bathroom was quite clean. The breakfast room was just down the hall and offered a good variety of hot and cold foot. The wait staff were friendly and attentive.
Despite being in the old quarter which is quite busy with motorcycle traffic, the room was quite quiet due to the double glazed windows. The location is good for exploring the old quarter. We always felt safe on the streets, although crossing them is initially nerve wracking as the motorcycles stream past. Not far from the hotel is the small central lake in the city, which makes for a pretty walk. If you get up shortly after sunrise you will see hundreds of local people of all ages participating in various forms of exericse around the shore of the lake.
The front lobby staff were also quite friendly and helpful.I can't comment on the spa since I am not a spa person. I think the Majestic salute was a good hotel to stay in to get a good experience of the real Hanoi. There was free internet in the lobby.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 September 2009

We've stayed for several nights in the Majestic Salut en it was Majestic in a wrong kind of way. The first stay we have slept on the fourth floor, right under the restaurant and the kitchen, so our wake up call was arround 6 o'clock. The bed was terrible!!!! Hard and uncomfertable.

The second stay, i decide to take a massage on the second floor! The facilaties where not prepared for female massage, only male and de girls where not used to help a female. lots of giggling. It was a bit uncomfertable, but de girl gave a massage and it was good and lots of complement about my breasts! The condoms in the massage room are the prove of mij story.

The staf was friendly at the desk, the staf meetings are in the loby and very loud. The rooms are a bit old but tidy.

• Stayed: June 2009
Reviewed 14 July 2009

If one word to describe this hotel, that would be “wonderful”. I had a long trip to Indochina in May 09, MS Salute Hotel was my last and best accommodation. It was in the middle of Hanoi Old Quarter and right at the night market. Its’location is second to none. The so called deluxe room was not big but clean. Breakfast was decent. Staff was very friendly and helful. I absolutely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 June 2009

We stayed in the MS Salute hotel in June for a weekend visit in Hanoi. We paid around $100 a night for a 'suite', which meant we had a separate sofa space and two single beds in the second half. The beds were so uncomfortable it was almost funny. I slept with the spare two duvets under me to make it more bearable. We also came back at around 5pm our second night and found the room hadn't been cleaned - to make it worse there was an infestation of ants on our coffee table.
It was a good location, but after visiting my sister who was staying in the 'Hanoi backpackers hostel' also in Old Quarter for $6 a night for a private room for 3 of them - there wasn't that much difference between the quality of the rooms!! Definately would recommend somewhere else for the amount you pay.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 October 2008

We stayed at Majestic Salute as part of our package through our flight agent. we decided to book the first and last nights of our stay to make sure we did not have to worry about hotels on these days. Not suprisingly our agent chose this hotel and it did cost about about $100. For the price this hotel is too expensive. Sure it has a great location however there are quite number of hotel dotted all around the old quarter which are much cheaper, right in the middle of the Old Quarter and have just as good, if not better service and facilities.
Our room was quite small but had quite a nice, large bed. You need to pay to use the internet facilities - $1 US for 30 mins. Our safe also did not work and we were unable to lock away our valuables.
Compared to other hotels we stayed at the staff were not as approachable, friendly or helpful. We will not be returning to the Majestic Salute.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank Joel_n_Fiona