See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 28 September 2009

We've stayed for several nights in the Majestic Salut en it was Majestic in a wrong kind of way. The first stay we have slept on the fourth floor, right under the restaurant and the kitchen, so our wake up call was arround 6 o'clock. The bed was terrible!!!! Hard and uncomfertable.

The second stay, i decide to take a massage on the second floor! The facilaties where not prepared for female massage, only male and de girls where not used to help a female. lots of giggling. It was a bit uncomfertable, but de girl gave a massage and it was good and lots of complement about my breasts! The condoms in the massage room are the prove of mij story.

The staf was friendly at the desk, the staf meetings are in the loby and very loud. The rooms are a bit old but tidy.

• Stayed: June 2009
Reviewed 14 July 2009

If one word to describe this hotel, that would be “wonderful”. I had a long trip to Indochina in May 09, MS Salute Hotel was my last and best accommodation. It was in the middle of Hanoi Old Quarter and right at the night market. Its’location is second to none. The so called deluxe room was not big but clean. Breakfast was decent. Staff was very friendly and helful. I absolutely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 June 2009

We stayed in the MS Salute hotel in June for a weekend visit in Hanoi. We paid around $100 a night for a 'suite', which meant we had a separate sofa space and two single beds in the second half. The beds were so uncomfortable it was almost funny. I slept with the spare two duvets under me to make it more bearable. We also came back at around 5pm our second night and found the room hadn't been cleaned - to make it worse there was an infestation of ants on our coffee table.
It was a good location, but after visiting my sister who was staying in the 'Hanoi backpackers hostel' also in Old Quarter for $6 a night for a private room for 3 of them - there wasn't that much difference between the quality of the rooms!! Definately would recommend somewhere else for the amount you pay.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 October 2008

We stayed at Majestic Salute as part of our package through our flight agent. we decided to book the first and last nights of our stay to make sure we did not have to worry about hotels on these days. Not suprisingly our agent chose this hotel and it did cost about about $100. For the price this hotel is too expensive. Sure it has a great location however there are quite number of hotel dotted all around the old quarter which are much cheaper, right in the middle of the Old Quarter and have just as good, if not better service and facilities.
Our room was quite small but had quite a nice, large bed. You need to pay to use the internet facilities - $1 US for 30 mins. Our safe also did not work and we were unable to lock away our valuables.
Compared to other hotels we stayed at the staff were not as approachable, friendly or helpful. We will not be returning to the Majestic Salute.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank Joel_n_Fiona
Reviewed 4 June 2008

On our first night at the Majestic Salute hotel in Hanoi’s old quarter we treated our poor weary jet lagged bodies to a delicious sounding body massage. We didn’t even have to travel far, 2 floors down in our slippers courtesy of our hotel. We walked in and I was a bit taken aback by a gaggle of tiny young Vietnamese women giggling and gossiping wearing very little. “umm darling do you think that this is a ‘massage parlour’ like the ones in NZ?” I whispered to my hubby, his answer was cut off by a very abrupt woman of about 50. “yes we do massage, follow me”. Ok I am just being honest, I felt like time stopped so I could assess the situation do or don’t I go, do I or don’t i. I was snapped out of my thoughts by my ‘massuse’ guiding me into a little room, hubby was already instilled in his room, hang on there were bars on the ceiling, thoughts of B&D flashed into my head, especially when she told me to strip. My prudish streak cried NOOOO whilst frantically searching the room for anything to cover myself with. There was no towel, robe or screen. To make it worse my massuse was prying my feet out of my slippers and undoing my jeans. I reassured myself by glancing at the massage table, thankfully it did have a face hole like a proper massage table. Ok , I finally built up enough courage to remove all items of clothing down to my, thankfully respectable underwear. “no all off” she giggled handing me a face cloth for my dignity, AAHHHH. Then she told me to go and have a shower and lead me to a COMMUNAL SHOWER ROOM. Thankfully my hubby was the only other person in there, I almost wept with relief. “ITS COMMUNAL” my demented voice shouted I was comforted by hubby pulling out a shower curtain, showing me I did have privacy. “AM I IN A BROTHEL OR WHAT, I AM NAKED WITH A FLANNEL TO COVER MY BUTT AND A PAIR OF BLUE JANDALS ON MY FEET, IM IN A COMMUNAL SHOWER ROOM?” I don’t know where this demented voice kept coming from but by the look on hubbys face it obviously belonged to me. We were interrupted by the manager swinging open the door and staring at us. Demented hysterical fit now over and one of the worlds fastest showers have taken place. I waddled in my plastic slippery jandals back to my ‘room’ with as much dignity as my flannel would allow. I waved sorrowfully over my shoulder to hubby who gave me a reassuring thumbs up as he disappeared into his room
Once I was comfortable instilled on the table this tiny brute of a woman jumped up and straddled me and began grinding her knees into my spine. As terrible as it sounds it actually felt delightful. I was really enjoying this unusual massage when it suddenly went pitch black. At the sounds of Vietnamese sounding down the hallways I realised I hadn’t fainted, so just what was going on? My massuse was shouting down the hall way with the door wide open, I know it was dark but I was naked here. The faint glow of a candle followed by creepy looking shadows came bounding down the hall, my massuse was given a candle which she put on a dresser and jumped back on my back and continued my massage.
An hour later I emerged completely retivalised, refreshed and any other R words I could think of. I would just like to add that because I felt so darn great I had forgotten my earlier hysteria and found myself telling fellow hotel guests about the most magical massage I had just received and about how I felt absolutely rejuvenated darh-ling.

16  Thank glitterartzy