See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 14 April 2012

Spacious room, the toilet is a bit funny (don't know how to describe), breakfast is just okay but a great view. Room comes with Wifi however not enough plug .. the location is excellent as it is exactly in the middle of the old quarter.. Friendly staff that run all the way to help me buy reload card for mobile sim card without accepting tips from me.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 March 2012

I had my wallet pick pocketed right outside the hotel.
Hotel clean, internet access the best
Staff moderately helpful except the manager who was super, I got free meals after my wallet was stolen.
Power went off for most of the day, they knew it was coming but said nothing to guests
Breakfast small choice.
Clean hotel, dirty location
No view out window

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank k1oik
Reviewed 22 January 2012

The hotel is under renovation, Location is great - old quarter, next to the market, walking distance to all the important places in the city. Staff very kind, breakfast is fine, free wifi but in our room signal was not strong.
Had a triple room, size is ok bathroom clean, just needs renovation.

Room Tip: back room quieter, but ours was at the end of corridor the internet wifi was weak.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Mica1966
Reviewed 3 May 2011

Looks like the parents are out and someone left the kids in charge!
If you are staying in the Old Quarter - which you should, then this is an option. Note though we requested an upgrade and were able to get a suite - but only if we paid cash there and then! Apart from that, the baths are a mile from the wall so shower water runs all over the place, the breakfasts are average, but terrible coffee. Why can they not provide normal tea in the bedrooms? Since we spent most time out and about its not a problem, and location is good. I think there sre cheaper but similar quality to be had in the Old Quarter

Room Tip: Get a city view or risk being boxed in
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 January 2011

My husband and I travelled with two friends to Vietnam on Boxing Day and stayed at MS Salute for three nights before heading to Halong Bay. After reading previous reviews I was quite worried. When booking this accommodation we requested rooms with windows (after reading previous reviews) and we were lucky to get rooms overlooking the street. The room was large enough with large windows. Room was clean, breakfast was very nice and the bar and breakfast room staff very friendly. Found the Reception staff not as friendly. We ate at the restaurant once and enjoyed the meal though the restaurant was closed so we had to eat at the bar downstairs which was not too bad. MS Salute is in a great location for seeing the sights and markets. You just walk out the door and there are streets of shops everywhere!!! Crossing the roads were a bit daunting at first but just keep walking and the bikes just go around you. Both sides of the Hotel are very busy during the day but at night it was quiet and could sleep quite well. All in all not as bad as I expected so we were quite happy with MS Salute.
Sid and Lesley Welsh, Brisbane Australia