“Perfect anniversary dinner”

French Grill
Ranked #19 of 2,899 Restaurants in Hanoi
Cuisines: French, Seafood, Steakhouse, Grill
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Inspired classics... The restaurant offers 82 seats in a simplistic modern design and lively setting, a semi-private and a private dining room, walk-in wine cooler with a selection of the finest wines in the world, and one of the largest open kitchen in Hanoi to complete this must see eatery in town. True French classics combined with the best to offer from the grill, prepared with the very best of products available in Vietnam. Open daily for dinner: 18:00 - 22:30
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Our dinner was flawless from start to finish and the Iberico pork was a wonderful new highlight.
Our night was a standout with the assistance and passion of the bartender Linh. His level of engagement, interest, and knowledge of mixology were inspiring. We shared a great conversation regarding cocktails. We appreciated his balance of both knowledge and the bravery to mix us up something on the spot.
I would stongly recommend starting your dining expsrience with the 'Red Moon' at the bar with Linh!

Lincolnvu11, Manager at French Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2018

Dear Roxanne P,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your dining experience at the French Grill with the Trip Advisor community!

I am happy to read that you have enjoyed our food, atmosphere and especially the service our team represented by our mixologist Mr. Linh provided. Linh is truly a star in our team with his passion and knowledge for cocktail which has been a great inspiration for our young team!

Roxanne P, once more, thank you for visiting us. We are looking forward to welcoming you back very soon!

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

It was my first time to be at French grill with my mom. The food was excellent and so was the service. Especially, Nhat and Trang provided the best service I have ever had. Cannot wait to visit it again.

Dear Yeon Sun C,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your feedback about French Grill with the Trip Advisor community.

I am very happy to read that you enjoyed your first time at French Grill. We always strive to deliver memorable and professional dining experience to each and every of our guests. Your comment about the service of Ms. Nhat and Mr. Trang trully inspires us to deliver the best experience to every diner at French Grill!

Yeon Sun C, once more, thank you for visiting us and we are looking forward to welcoming you back with your friends very soon.

Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

We arrived early and the Manager was kind enough to let us enjoy the lounge before restaurant opening. Food was good. Ribeye steak is highly recommended. Price is affordable but some wines are tagged unreasonably expensive . We are a group of 10 and have to leave in two hours. The manager did a great job in timely serving and separate billing. Very friendly staffs.

Dear ENTman_13,

It is my privilege to receive your great comment about our ambience, food as well as service. The reason that some of our wines were more expensive is due to its exclusivity in Vietnam together with certain taxes from the government thus we totally understood your concerns.

Once again, thank you ENTman_13 and we indeed look forward to your returning to French Grill!

Reviewed 3 April 2018

We had reservation for 2 people on Sunday night at French Grill in JW Marriott and it was just fantastic since the beginning. Thank you for the wonderful food prepared by MICHELIN Star Chef NICOLAS ISNARD. This was not my first time in my life to have MICHELIN meal and every time it was impressive with the creative idea from the Chef and the perfect food quality, thank you very much for leaving us a very memorable taste, one highlight would be the adding of Asian source to the traditional French good which definitely gave a very different taste while that was quite a special match. Also thank you for the friendly and funny greeting and conversation during the time which was very appreciable.

Regarding the services it was just amazing and professional and I am difficult to find another word to express, especially for a lovely waitress Hanh Tran. That night I had a special task on my agenda which was to propose to my girl friend. Luckily everything was just very smooth and perfectly arranged as what I have requested through email, from the private and quite table, flowers, dolls to be added to the flowers, timing for event, everything was just perfect. Since the beginning when I was selecting different restaurants for that night she was able to provide timely and helpful advice regarding proposal activity in restaurant. Hanh Tran was extremely attentive and she listened to all my concerns with a great deal of patience. From the time I entered the restaurant I was confident all the staff had well communicated for the special arrangement on my table. Here I would like to sincerely thank you for all on-duty staff at that night, special thank you to Hanh Tran and her professional crew assisting and serving to our table (Huong Anh, Nhat, Tu, Hanh Nguyen), all contributed to the smooth, professional and memorable story of that day.

I would definitely recommend this restaurant to all my friends, why I could not find 6 stars button in ranking?

1  Thank EdwinHKTripAd

Dear EdwinHKTripAd,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review your dining experience at the French Grill on Trip Advisor!

Firstly, I would like to send a big CONGRATULATION to you both for your special decision. I am pleased to read that you really enjoyed your time with us and that both the food and service our team provided brought you a memorable moment!

EdwinHKTripAd, we are looking forward to welcoming you again at the French Grill should your travels bring you back to Hanoi!

Reviewed 26 March 2018 via mobile

A happy dinninh experience with Michelin Chef and so friendly staff, thank you Linh & Phuong for serving us so well!

1  Thank Le M
Lincolnvu11, Manager at French Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2018

Dear Le M,

It is my privilege to read that you had a pleasant experience with our restaurant's promotion with chef Nicolas Isnard. Ms. Linh and Ms. Phuong are indeed the role models of our team with their positive energy and professionalism.

Le M, once more, thank you for your recommendation for French Grill and we are looking forward to welcoming you back very soon.