“Banging Bowl of Beef Pho”
Review of Pho Suong

Pho Suong
Ranked #84 of 2,899 Restaurants in Hanoi
Cuisines: Vietnamese, Street Food
Reviewed 6 April 2018

My lovely girlfriend was stuck in the hotel getting acquainted with the room's toilet facilities, so I headed out for a bite to eat. Stumbled across this place which had all the makings for a great meal (harsh florescent ceiling lights, miniature plastic stools and clinical fold up steel tables, a white tiled floor laden with tissues and discarded herbs, the proprietor and family busy working away, the majority of customers being locals, the sound of noodle slurping and lip smacking, and lastly an inviting and saliva-inducing smell wafting out of the restaurant).

The food is served quickly and was probably the best pho I had in the two weeks I was in the country. Rich, flavoursome, meaty broth, layers of delicately sliced beef, fresh herb garnishes and readily available extra chillies.

The pho with a beer came to 60k. Thank you.

Reviewed 22 March 2018 via mobile

We found this little gem whilst trawling the many restaurants in the old quarter online! Located not far from Hoan Kiem Lake in a little laneway and looking slightly dodgy we were unsure at first... then we were guided to the little plastic chairs and table and served some delicious pho! With condiments available (pickled garlic, chilli, hot sauce and lime) and only at $45,000VND. Great street food

Reviewed 11 March 2018

I've seen many reviews that says this is one of the best pho spot in Hanoi. Because what they said about the taste was quite descriptive, I had big expectation when I paid my visit.

The pho is quite good, but far from the best. I'd rank the pho at this place around 4th among those I had in Hanoi.

Duong's pho was by far the best. The 2nd best is from Pho 10, I think. But the gap between the 1st and the 2nd is quite large here. The 3rd place should go to New Day. And then comes Suong.

I believe the pho here is better than hotel breakfast pho, but not by a big margin.

I don't want to be too picky, but this place does not look sanitary at all. I could stand the sanitation level at Pho 10 and at Bun Bo Nam Bo. But this place is for sure one step farther from there.

Reviewed 21 February 2018

This place was right up the street from where we were staying and was constantly busy with locals, so we decided to check it out. I wanted at least one authentic bowl of pho before leaving Vietnam, and this fit the bill. I had tried pho elsewhere in Hanoi and didn't like it as much (just a random place that had a bunch of locals). The food here was really good and I enjoyed it, I definitely felt like I got what I was looking for. It's nice and clean and if it's crowded, other patrons will make some room for you. I recommend it if pho is on your list of foods to try while visiting the country.

Reviewed 5 February 2018

If you don't want to queue up, Phở Sướng is an excellent alternative to Phở Gia Truyền Bát Đàn or Phở 10 Lý Quốc Sư. Because you won't queue.
The broth is less fat than usual, very good. And yes, ingredients are fresh.
A superb option for simple, energetic breakfast or early dinner.
You might miss Ngõ Trung Yên if you aren't familiar, because it's a narrow alley.
But you should definitely visit it, and not only for Phở!
Very lively, and at the same time, peaceful.