2,176 results
All reviews halong bay old quarter connecting rooms special thanks fruit platter buffet breakfast excellent hotel street food tour visit hanoi again the hotel staff rose petals highly recommend this hotel small hotel via email the location is perfect hoan kiem lake rooms were very clean
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We stayed here for 7 nights split over 3 visits on our recent trip, having also stayed here last year. The hotel is very well located only about 5 minutes walk from the lake and in the old quarter so close to shops and cafes/restaurants. The staff are super friendly and cannot do enough to help you. On arrival we were given fresh fruit and a cool drink and provided with a map of Hanoi. They even provide suggestions ( which they write on the map) for places to try local foods. Every time you walk through the foyer you are greeted warmly by the staff and made to feel very welcome and at home. The rooms are a decent size and very clean and the beds are comfortable. Lots of hot water in the showers too! We had a small hiccup with our room on the first night but this was quickly rectified and we were given an upgrade free of charge. The breakfast selection is good and make sure to ask for the menu as there are additional dishes listed (eg pho and eggs). Staff are happy to arrange trips and taxi for you, We took their suggestion to do a walking food tour and were very glad that we did - again feel free to ask the staff as they are very happy to help with any questions you may have re things to see and do etc etc. We are very happy to recommend the hotel and will certainly stay there again on our next trip to Hanoi

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends
2  Thank Jules20056
Reviewed 9 September 2018 via mobile

My wife and I stayed here for 4 nights, split up with trips to Sapa and Halong Bay in between. We are so glad that we chose Golden Sun Suites. Every time we walked back inside it felt like we were arriving home.

The staff at the front desk are so warm, welcoming and helpful. When we first arrived, Henry gave us some great tips on places to eat different foods like bun cha, banh cuon, pho, etc. and we were given lovely welcome drinks and fruit. The doormen were so quick to open the door for us whenever we would head out for the day or return from out exploring.

Later during our stay, we needed some help as our flight out of Hanoi was cancelled and we couldn’t figure out how to contact the airline, and would have struggled anyway as we don’t speak Vietnamese. When we mentioned this to Thomas he kindly offered to call the airline for us. He spoke to them for a while and wrote down the different options for flights given by the airline. This was a HUGE help as we felt quite stressed when we’d heard our flight was cancelled. This is a massive reason why we felt so at home at Golden Sun Suites. The staff treated you like family and were so eager to go above and beyond to help.

Apart from the wonderful staff, the location is perfect - very central but also in a quieter street than the surrounding areas. The rooms are beautifully kept and very spacious. The tv even has a range old sport and movie channels if you’re feeling like a quiet night in after a big day of exploring.

If I get the chance to return to Hanoi in the future, I’ll be staying here with no hesitation!

Thank you Thomas, Henry and all the staff for such a great stay.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Tinny815
Reviewed 9 September 2018 via mobile

My family and I (7 people inc. grandparents and three children) stayed at the Golden Sun Suites. On arrival we were met by Thomas and the other staff. They were immediately welcoming and provided us cool drinks and a small fruit platter. Thomas then showed us on a map all the best places to visit that were close by.

The rooms were much bigger than I expected in a cramped Hanoi hotel. They were clean and well kept. About the same size as the 5 star hotel we had in Hoi An. If I had to have a small complaint it would be the shower head in one bathroom sprayed out the side.

The location is one of the best for exploring the Hanoi Ol Quarter. Close to the lake, water puppets and other attractions. It is really in the thick of it. The rooms was surprisingly quite given the hustle in the street below.

We actually went to Halong Bay and on returning to Hanoi stayed another two nights at the Golden Sun Suites due to the great staff and great price. Less than $500AUD for two nights for 7 people!!

Thomas and Henry were always really friendly and ready to help. I asked Thomas where I could get a SIM card for my wife’s phone and before I knew it, one of the door man( I’m feel bad I didn’t get his name) ran out and returned 20 mins later with a SIM.

Want a shuttle, just ask. Want a taxi, just ask. Want to know where to go for food, just ask. Super friendly and helpful staff.

Tip. At breakfast ask for the menu. Has eggs and Pho.

I will stay there again.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Jimmy C
Reviewed 8 September 2018 via mobile

We stayed here for one night and felt very welcome abd comfortable. The room was spacy, clean and very nicely designed abd organized. Everything you want. The stuff was superfrienfly and helpful. They also had organized the shuttle from the hotel. All went smoothly and on time. Inro that all for a very reasonable prize. We will definitely stay there again if we come back.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank RivkaB17
Reviewed 8 September 2018 via mobile

I stayed for 2 nights. The front desk staff is excellent and very friendly, helpful. Henry & Thomas are very polite and caring for the small details like a 5 stars hotel service. Highly recommend and definitely will stay again.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled solo