All reviews japanese chain pillow bar dong xuan market old quarter housekeeping staff strategic location suite room stayed for two nights travel agent noodles hotel is located excellent hotel walking distance halong bay honk toilet channels
Reviewed 17 February 2015

This hotel is just a standard mid-range hotel, indifferent from others. The rooms are just ok, not so many things to complain, but nothing special. The reception and hotel service are the same. The Super Hotel is a cheap business hotel chain in Japan, and it bought this properly 1-2 years ago (os it is a bit old hotel from the beginning although the Super Hotel started its business recently). But the renovation was minimal, so most of the facilities were the same.

Location wise, it is in the convenient area close to Dong Xuan Market, and you can walk down to the downtown and night market (starts from Dong Xuan down to the Hoan Kiem Lake).

There are a Japanese restaurant attached to this hotel, which is just fine to eat, but do not expect something excellent here. Just a casual Japanese meal.

Overall, I could not find a particular reason to choose this hotel among many others in Hanoi although I did not have much to complain. Tasteless, I would say. For business, it would be fine.

• Stayed: December 2014, travelled on business
SuperHotelHOQ, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Le Carnot, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2015

Dear Kenyalang,
Happy New Year from Super Hotel Hanoi Old Quarter !
Thank you very much for taking your time to write a TripAdvisor response after your recent visit.
Feedback is always important as it is a vital way of reviewing the level of service and facilities we provide our guests so as to make improvements. Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconveniences that you appear to have encountered. The detailed comments shared have been discussed with our team so that we may be better able to meet with your expectations in future and as and when you next have reason to visit Hanoi. We'll strive to improve our service day by day to give you the great time at Super Hotel Hanoi Old Quarter!
Kenyalang, we look forward to welcome you back to Super Hotel Hanoi Old Quarter in the near future.

Until the opportunity permits,
Best regard

Reviewed 7 February 2015

I organized a trip to SE Asia with 20 people and this hotel was arranged by our tour company. We arrived about 9:30pm, and the restaurant agreed to stay open to feed our group. That was very kind, but perhaps unwise. I arrived in the restaurant about 20 minutes after the group, and the server was still taking orders. I knew this wasn't going to go well, so left the hotel with my husband and got porridge next door. From what I heard from the others, we made the right choice.

The reason I was late arriving at the restaurant was because when I got to my room, it was wall to wall beds - three of them with little room to move. The room was one level up from the lobby and was extremely noisy both from the street noise and from all the voices in the lobby. I explained I wanted to change rooms, and after a discussion they did give me a nice, large room on an upper floor.

When I returned from dinner, I went to take a shower and discovered that my towel was extremely frayed around the edges. It's condition was such that at home I would rather throw it away than use it on my car.

Additionally, the hall carpeting was completely stained. There was little area on all the runners and stairs that did not have old spills and stains, and the carpet in front of my room had flakes of paper. There was some type of cleaning equipment blocking a portion of the hallway near my room door as well.

I believe that a thorough remodeling of the interior of this hotel will bring it back to a condition that would match the other properties we stayed at on our tour of SE Asia.

If we had been staying at hostels or backpacking, this may have looked good. But this was by far the worst hotel on our itinerary.

We were all disappointed and lodged complaints with our tour director. After some serious discussions, he got on the phone and made arrangements for our group to stay elsewhere for the time we were in Hanoi.

Since being home, I looked up the room rates online for this hotel and they start around $35/night. If you are on a really tight budget, you may be willing to put up with these things. However, we were given to believe our hotels would all be 3 star and above, and the other hotels were really nice in comparison, with spas, sometimes a pool, and other amenities.

Having said that, though, one of the people in our group was so disgusted with the shredded towels and dark stains on the sheets and cover, that she slept between two towels fully dressed so she wouldn't be exposed to the sheets.

In contrast, I was able to secure online reservations for two nights at the end of our trip at the JW Marriott for $134/night - and we were steeped in luxury and high-end service.

I truly hope the hotel does the necessary reparations, and preserves this lovely building. It is in a convenient location, and really has potential.

• Stayed: January 2015, travelled with friends
SuperHotelHOQ, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Le Carnot, responded to this reviewResponded 9 February 2015

Dear TweetieTravels,

Warmest greeting from Super Hotel Hanoi Old Quarter and thank you for your commend regarding your recent stay.

From your feedback shared, I would like to say thank you for your insight and please accept our apologies for your inconveniences.

TweetieTravels, please rest assured that we will always endeavour to offer the highest level of service and it would appear that on this occasion we failed to meet with your expectations.

We hope that there will be another opportunity for us to re-build your confidence in Super Hotel Hanoi Old Quarter and therefore provide to you the Super Hotel standard of service that you have come to expect of Super Hotel Group.

Until time permits,
Best regard

Reviewed 3 February 2015

Stayed for 5 days and 4 nights. me and my sister enjoyed the comfort, convenience and nice ambiance from the bustle city of old quarter in hanoi.
The hotel room is impressive we had our suite room located at the 6th floor.
nice view of the busy street of Phan Dinh Phung with lots of motorbikes running around.
Our experience in Super Hotel Hanoi is rated with "EXCELLENT" both staff and amenities.
They even booked for us for the Ha long Bay day tour and City tour as well.
Breakfast buffet was SUPERB with so much variety to choose from and very high quality.

The Elegant and spacious lobby with pillows to choose from is just amazing, with cramped of too many chairs and tables to stay was excellent for the guest traveler waiting for their queue.Wireless internet connection is accessible in every floor that much added to their great hotel amenities.

The best part of this hotel though is the staff who is very young looking, well dressed and they are all eager to please.
The housekeeping staff and reception personnel had a great job doing assisting each guest.

Super Hotel Hanoi is EXCELLENT hotel in the heart of old quarter.

Really!!! Vietnamese people and Hanoi, stole my heart...
thank you very much to all the staff especially to my dear friend Ms,Nguyen Nguyet who assisted me and my sister for our Hanoi adventure. Thank you to all the staff from housekeeping to Buffet restaurant staff and the lobby reception staff especially to Kathy Hoang and Trinh Anh, Thank you for the warm welcome!

See you again in our next future travel in Vietnam.

God bless you all :)
kittypie

Room Tip: choose room 606 nice view and spacious
  • Stayed: January 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank Rein P
SuperHotelHOQ, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Le Carnot, responded to this reviewResponded 4 February 2015

Dear Rein P,

Warmest greeting from Super Hotel Hanoi Old Quarter, I would like to take this opportunity to say thank you very much for your review on Tripadvisor and your lovely gift to all staff.
I already sent all your kind of word to our Staff to encourage them keep up their good job day by day. They was very happy to read your feedback . We're appreciate and glad to be on your service.
Rein P, We are looking forward to welcoming you and your sister (MJ) back at Super Hotel Hanoi Old Quarter.

Happy Tet holiday !
All the best to your family Jen !

Reviewed 2 February 2015

Stayed in Super Hotel Hanoi several times and appreciate the hospitality of the staff, cleanliness and efficiency. It is located on a very convenient location. I live and work in Vietnam for the past 15 years and have stayed in many hotels over the years but this is the best choice so far.

• Stayed: January 2015, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
SuperHotelHOQ, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Le Carnot, responded to this reviewResponded 3 February 2015

Dear Javed s,

Warmest greeting from Super Hotel Hanoi Old Quarter, thank you very much for your time to share experience regarding your recent stay at ours hotel.
It's awesome that our team has impressed you with staff's hospitality, cleaness and our location. We always would like to try our hard to be on your service from our bottom of heart. I'll pass your kind word to them to encourage them keep up their good job day by day.
One again thank you very much for choosing us.
Javed s, we are looking forward to welcoming you and your friend come back to stay at Super Hotel Hanoi Old Quarter.

Happy Tet Holiday !!!

Reviewed 29 January 2015

The hotel staff was helpful when we arrived. The room was awful. We were on the second floor on a very loud busy street. The room smelled like mold, the door would not sounding an alarm even though we made sure the door was closed several times. When you sit n the toilet the door will hit you in the head. Others in our group had shredded towels and stained bed spreads. We tried to have dinner in the restaurant upstairs and it took them over 1 hour to bring us a plate of tempura!

• Stayed: January 2015, travelled with friends
SuperHotelHOQ, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Le Carnot, responded to this reviewResponded 2 February 2015

Dear Burnside4010,

Thank you for filling out a review on Trip Advisor subsequent to your recent stay experience at our property.

As we pride ourselves in meeting and exceeding our guests' expectations, we were disappointed to find that you were not completely satisfied with your recent stay in terms of our product offering. On a separate note, I am pleased to inform you of the fact that we are carrying out an on-going product improvement program within our hotel so that we are better able to serve the needs of our discerning travelers & better meet with your expectation in future.

Burnside4010, I was delighted to note that you found our hotel staff was helpful. For your information, Our General Manager - Koji Sato is going to check the room every day to make sure the room in the best condition. All your feed back in the restaurant will be share and discuss to be serve for guest more quicklier.

I hope you get another chance to experience the Hilton in the near future as I am sure if you do you will be a converted Super Hotel guest for life.

Until the time permits,