“Oasis away from the madness!”
Review of Hilton Hanoi Opera

Ranked #99 of 603 Hotels in Hanoi
Reviewed 29 February 2012

It was so nice to come back to the Hilton everyday and escape the madness that is central Hanoi. We stayed in room 308 from the 22/02/2012 to 25/02/2012, this is a King Deluxe room and includes an excellent breakfast every morning. The room was very spacious (in comparison to other Hotel Rooms), immaculately clean, well appointed and the King bed was as comfortable as home. The staff cannot do enough for you - especially Gerard who is an Australian and manages the bar area in the lobby. Gerard spend a great deal of time with us answering questions and pointing us in the direction of good food and entertainment. Particularly his recommendation for the Green Tangerine Restaurant. The heated pool is a treat and they serve dirnks and cocktails whilst swimming. Yes, the room has a small window, however it was satsfactory and our position overlooked the entry so we could watch the calamity that was the traffic backing up at the lights on the corner. Friends of mine required a late check-out and they found that this was not a problem at all. We came here from the Sheraton in Ho Chi Minh City via The Riverside Resort in Hoi An - the Hilton left them both in its wake for service and comfort. I would recommend to everyone, I think you would have to be a very hard marker to pick fault with anything here.

PS - we were on the 3rd floor, however there was absolutely no road noise at all despite the madness outside.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
HiltonHanoiOpera, General Manager at Hilton Hanoi Opera, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2012

Dear Andrew T,
Thanks for your gracious comments about your recent stay at the Hilton Hanoi Opera.
I am very happy to hear that the staff took such good care of you and you found the services and amenities of the property to your liking, from breakfast to room set-up and the heated-pool. I will share your comments with our team and I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.
Andrew T, once again, thank you for staying with us and I look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Hanoi Opera as our valued guest, in the near future.

Reviewed 23 February 2012

I enjoyed the room service and the Crabtree and Evelyn soaps most of all (as I do at all Hiltons). The building itself is gorgeous and most taxi drivers knew exactly where to go when I said Hotel Hilton, so that was a plus for me as a non-Vietnamese speaking business traveler. I had a terrible view from a small window, though.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Erin U

Dear Erin U,
Thanks for taking the time to share your review on TripAdvisor.
I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed most of all our room service and amenities. It is also a pleasure to know that you found our building to be gorgeous and felt comfortable to have chosen Hilton Hanoi Opera for your stay in Hanoi. Please rest assured that your feedback on the room view will be shared with our Front Office Manager to make sure that for future visits we take care to arrange a room with a larger view.
Erin U, I hope to be able to welcome you back ‘home’.

Reviewed 21 February 2012

This hotel is a wonderful oasis amid the frenetic madness that is central Hanoi. The executive club rooms give access to the Club Lounge which means not only free excellent breakfasts but drinks and nibbles galore in the evening that allows you to recover from the crazy exercise of trying to cross the roads outside. The hotel is immaculate, the staff very friendly (as are all Vietnamese) and the rooms are spacious and very well maintained. Genuine 5-star experience for just USD 205 p night. Highly recommended!! Only small quibble is cost of restaurant food. Good quality but overpriced considering what is available outside.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
HiltonHanoiOpera, General Manager at Hilton Hanoi Opera, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2012

Dear Peterbuderim,

Thank you for your most generous review subsequent to your recent visit in February 2012.

While we strive hard to exceed the expectations of our guests and it is always a delight to receive such positive comment.

We look forward to welcoming you “home” upon your return to Hanoi.

Until the time permits,

Reviewed 16 February 2012

I have stayed at this hotel before -- in fact I opened the property in 1999.
I just came from the Sheraton in Saigon so this hotel was a downner.
Rooms need renovation
Food was just OK
Service was OK
My issue was that I asked for a late checkout and hotel refused. They gave one to my colleague who was not even a HH member.
The only good thing for this hotel is the location. For better service 00 stay at the Sofitel.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business

Dear Radarman123,

Thank you for updating your recent stay experience on Trip Advisor.

I was delighted that you found our location to be ideal. And also, I was very happy to read that you found our food and service met with your expectation.

I was disappointed however to note the comment that we appear in this instance, to have been unable to extend a late departure, but I do hope that we will able to make amends in future, subject to availability and Hhonors benefits.

Radarman123, I do hope that we will have the opportunity of being able to welcome you back to the Hilton Hanoi Opera in the near future.

Until the opportunity permits,

Reviewed 13 February 2012

I stayed here for 1 night, checked out for Halong Bay and re-checked in again for 2 nights. The hotel is located approximately 10 minutes (or less) away from the Old Quarters. There are 2 entrances to the hotel. Hilton Hanoi no doubt is located next to the Opera House and is diagonally opposite the designer brands like Gucci, Cartier, Mont Blanc and Longchamp, to name a few.

The room is spacious. There is a bathtub and a separate shower area. The staff are courteous and they smile all the time! There is a heated pool but I did not use the facilities as it was winter when I visited Hanoi. Once I checked in on the first day, I was given a map of the area and a little book on Hanoi and Halong Bay (where to eat, what to see and what to do). These materials were very helpful for leisure travelers like me to know more about the city that I am in.

The Concierge staff also advised us to take only the big sedan taxi (like Toyota Vios, Innova or Daewoo) instead of the smaller ones (like Hyundai). I did not encounter any taxi scam by using the hotel taxi. They charge the same price that is VND12.000 as the starting price. I've never paid anything more than VND38.000 for a taxi from Hilton to Hang Dieu at the Old Quarters. Besides, the Concierge staff is able to recommend authentic restaurant for food. Bravo! We enjoyed the food very much at a reasonable price

There is free WiFi at the lobby. The speed is OK. Sufficient for me to get in touch with my family and friends back home. For business travelers, I would suggest to use the internet in the room. I believe it would be faster. It is, however, chargeable. Currency exchange service is available too. The rate was good - approximately USD1 to VND 21.000. It is good to carry some VND with you to kick start your days in Hanoi

Breakfast starts as early as 6am which is awesome as we need to leave for a walking tour as at 6:30am. Ba Mien (the name of the coffee house) has the best bacon and ham. I enjoyed these 2 items everyday without fail and I truly enjoy them. The pork bacon ain't too crispy and the honey ham is perfect to go with local chilli sauce. There is an extensive pastry corner and menu varies from Indian curry, Japanese sushi and miso soup and udon, Chinese porridge and dim sum, Thai green curry and seafood fried rice, local pho (ga & bo) and a wide selection of fruits, cold cuts and cheese.

This is the place to stay when you are in Hanoi. I look forward to stay at Hilton Hanoi again!

Room Tip: All rooms are away from the main street. You can definitely have a good slumber every night without...