All reviews group tour banh mi old quarter weekend night market taxi driver business trip halong bay two nights vietnam doorman dust linens
Reviewed 1 October 2017

I stayed 2 night in this hotel with separate booking numbers because in the night between I stayed at boat in Ha Long Bay.

For the first night, I got the room in the edge (number 403) it's a really nice room because it's quite big with huge windows. In the second night, I got the smaller room and windowless (number 401).

My suggestion, it has only 3 rooms in every floors so ask the room number 3 which is locates in the edge and you'll get the biggest room.

The receptionist is very helpful and good in English. Before I arrived in Hanoi, one from the hotel's staff emailed me to confirm my booking and helped me to arrange transport from Airport to Hotel and also answered my random questions about Hanoi.
When I arrived, the receptionist (a young girl) helps me to communicate with my taxi driver (who cannot speak English) and allows me to left my baggage during I was going to Halong Bay. And in second check-in, she remembered me and she has already prepared my copy documents from last transaction, so I got my room key directly when I arrived.

I do not request breakfast in this hotel because you can find Banh Mi 25 (one of my favorite food in Hanoi) in the next hotel door.

This hotel locates in Old Quarter Hanoi where is easy to access to many attraction places (Hoam Kiem Lake, St Joseph Cathedral, and even Hanoi Weekend Night Market) by foot. And also you can find many street Vietnamese foods in around hotel.

Room Tip: for get the biggest room, ask for the room number 3 in every floors (which is locates in the corner)
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 August 2017

smelly, dirty, bad service, awful breakfast, unhelpful staff.

Not sure what more I can add to warn perspective travellers Not to stay here. One member of our group party had to very quickly vacant her room and bunk in with others as cockroaches were falling out of her light fitting onto her bed .. need I say more!!

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 August 2017 via mobile

We had a very bad experience in this hotel. We were woken up one night by a noise, on further inspection the noise was created by a rat. Went to reception to ask for a change of room - night staff were very unhelpful. Second room we went to there was another rat, horrific experience. On a positive note the day staff were very nice and the door man was particularly lovely and chatty. I'd only go back to see him, not stay in this hotel.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Una O
Reviewed 1 June 2017 via mobile

We had 7 golfers stay at this hotel 15 months earlier and we all rated it a 4 out of 5.
Two couples returned with our wives this time and found nothing went right.
Room 801 does not have internet service and had holes and dirty linen on checkin.
All staff were very young and were always on Facebook or watching movies on their phone and heavens forbid if you asked them anything.
The doorman sleeps on the couch and continues through breakfast service.
Breakfast, don't go down two hours before it shuts because there is nothing left and won,t be replaced.
Lucky next door is the best pork rolls in the universe so it didn't matter too much.
Don't expect much from this once good hotel nowadays.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 May 2017

This hotel is conveniently located especially for the night market on weekends. Staff is friendly and helpful. The condition of the rooms however differ a lot. We stayed here twice in the same week. The first room had a broken safe, dust falling from the ceiling, window frames stuffed with tissues and a sink where water would only go down very slowly. The second room was realy great. Expect that it doesn't have a real window. Theres a glass front to let some light in from the roof. That's not unusual though in Hanoi with the narrow buldings.

Room Tip: If you're unhappy with your room be sure to ask for another one to look at. There are better ones and less better ones.
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple