“For $20 a night it is cheap but sooooo not worth it.”
Review of Hanoi Brand Hotel

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Hanoi
Hanoi Brand Hotel
Ranked #257 of 621 Hanoi B&B and Inns
Montevideo, Uruguay
“For $20 a night it is cheap but sooooo not worth it.”
Reviewed 24 April 2012

We stayed here for one night before our Halong Bay trip because this hotel was affiliated with the Dugong Sail company (that we used). For $20 a night it is cheap but sooooo not worth it. It is a backpacker style accommodation, old moldy bathrooms, no shower curtains, hot water runs out, towels were terrible, elevator only works sometimes, beds are either super hard or super soft, breakfast room is too small to fit all the guests so we had to stand, breakfast food was average and ran out. For $20 more so to Hanoi Paradise Hotel ($45 a room) it is a 3* just down the street and it is awesome, great rooms, great staff, great breakfast, great pool (we stayed the other 2 nights in Hanoi at this hotel). Also, for $136 per night I would not choose to go on the Dugong Sail in Halong Bay, pay a bit more and get a better experience.
The only good things about the hotel are its location in the Old Quarter, the helpful girl that checked us in (and spoke great English), the 2 free bottles of water in the room and the free WIFI.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed 22 April 2012

I stayed in the usd15 room, which was clean, spacious and quit. Aircon, tv and refridgerator all worked fine and elevator to the sixth floor. Usrd their tour desk. Friendly guys, but their boat tour was not that good (dugong sails). Old and bad food. They organized the train tour to Sapa. Train was fine, but long waiting for tours.

Room Tip: Take the litlle bit more expensive room, it's worth it
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 7 April 2012

I have just finised a weeks stay at the Hanoi Brand, we didn't originally pick this hotel and hadnt read any reviews but we were pleasently surprised. A standard small double room cost around $12 per night, private bathroom, double bed, air con, fridge and tv, although small the room was enough for two people who would spend most time out exploring. The room and bathroom were clean enough, although the first room we stayed in the bathroom could've been cleaned more around the drain area, was hot showers also. We stayed in two rooms here one on the 2nd floor and the other on the 3rd. This happened because when we checked back in after our Halong Bay trip we couldn't get the original room back. The 2nd floor room has a very small window compared to the 3rd floor and that was the only difference. Free wifi in all rooms and there is two computers downstairs at the reception / breakfast area which can be used free of charge.
Breakfast was surprising, free tea, coffee, orange juice and water. For food there was baguettes, jam, butter, sausage, ham, egg and a local dish. The breakfast was buffet style and was from 730-930 even at 9 there was also food left although maybe not warm food. Laundry was also provided at $1 per kg, could provide same day service at no extra costs.
Overall the stay at Hanoi Brand was very good and i would stay here again if we were to come back.
The only complaint is from the 2nd and 3rd floor you can occasionally here the noise in reception however it isn't really loud enough to be a major problem. There is also a working lift which makes reaching that 6th floor easier, they can keep your luggage at no extra charges if you book trips to sapa and halong bay although the luggage is kept in the restaurant area not a secure room, we took all valuables with us just as a precaution.

Room Tip: All rooms seemed to be identical however light sleepers might want to choose a room higher than the...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Pärnu, Parnumaa, Estonia
Reviewed 26 March 2012

I was in this hotel 1+1+2 nights. Good location and very friendly staff. It was like little Family, where people know each other and recomended, what to see.
Teet Roosaar, Estonia

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
Foz do Iguacu, PR
Reviewed 24 February 2012

I stayed one night at this budget hotel after my previous one failed to secure a room for me after I repeatedly asked them to (this is typical service quality in Hanoi)

I was skeptical about the quality of this hotel until I saw my room. It's pretty spacious and neat, I asked for a single room but they gave me a triple room (one double bed + single bed). It's clean with hot shower (the only two things I require any hotel to have ) so I am not complaining. They also have an elevator, which is good news for travellers with luggage on wheels (me!)

However, the unpleasant surprise came the following early morning when I checked out. I only had a USD 20 bill and my room costs USD10 a night. The reception guy of course didn't have change and refused to do anything about it, instead, he kept my stuff and asked me to go and look for change myself (before 6am !!!!) perhaps there was a communication breakdown between us (so typical of my interactions with Vietnamese people), but he was pretty rude. Luckily after waking up a few people I got my change at one backpacker hostel (I forgot the name, but people there really nice ), when I returned to my hostel, I just gave the guy a USD10 bill without looking him in the eye.

This experience further consolidates my belief that most Vietnamese people in the tourism business only want your money. they don't care if you're in trouble or whatever. Be also careful with the motorcycle tuk tuk drivers, they can be very nasty and deceiving!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled solo

Travellers are raving about these Hanoi hotels