All reviewsmr jackold quartermr quanbreakfast buffet had a goodreal credit to the hotelbar streetvibrant streethalong baycalm oasisrestaurant staff arefabulous boutique hotelcalled receptionslap bang in the middlestar standardprevious hotelfabulous stayvietnam adventure
Reviewed 5 April 2018

The Essence Hanoi was a terrific hotel. Located in the heart of the Old Quarter, it was walking distance from everything you'd want to visit. The room was clean and modern, and the hotel staff helped us book a city motorbike tour. Great service!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 5 April 2018

I come to Hanoi every 3 mths for business, and I normally stay at the La Siesta Diamond. Since it was full this time, I decided on this hotel.

This is a great hotel, with nice people and good location too. I find the street fronting the hotel narrow, so if u having cars to pick u up, be punctual and considerate as it will cause a jam behind.

I care about clean floor as I wld go barefooted, and the floor is clean. Nice.

They put a complimentary wine in the room and also a daily fresh fruit basket. Altho I dun drink anymore, but its a nice gesture. I enjoyed the fruits very much. This hotel will be my choice in Hanoi from now on.

Room Tip: Rooms with window is always nicer.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank AhWah
Reviewed 3 April 2018

The Essence is situated perfectly for a stay in Hanoi. A short walk from Hoan Kiem Lake and right on Beer Street.
The hotel and staff are a great contrast to the hustle and bustle of the streets outside.
We stayed here on a recommendation from a friend and would certainly recommend to others.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Neil S
Reviewed 2 April 2018

This hotel is an oasis of calm amidst the frenetic pace of the old French quarter in Hanoi. It is within walking distance of all the sites, museums etc. The decor was in muted greys with plush olive sofas, lovely lightening and art work (including African) which reflects its French roots and an owner with artistic fair. We stayed there for two nights either side of a two day trip to Halong Bay. The hotel stored our luggage and valuables during our trip. The reception staff were exceptionally welcoming and professional. The food in the restaurant was excellent and the chef could accommodate gluten free and the waitresses were very loving and caring. The rooms were very comfortable with a really large bed, the decor was in the same muted greys with an olive velvet headboard. The accomodation and restaurant were all excellent value for money for the quality and standard. I will definitely stay there again when I return to Hanoi for a trip to Sapa

Room Tip: Recommend a room at the back or on the top floors away from street noise
Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 April 2018

We stayed at the Essence Hanoi Hotel and Spa from 29th March to 30th March and from 31st march to 1st April. The faced and entrance are simplistic but when you enter the hotel, it immediately gives you a feeling of clam and comfort. We had requested for a room on the higher floors to avoid the noise from the busy street and we were given one on the 9th floor. Unfortunately, the lift is only upto the 8th floor and we requested for a change. In a short while they found us a room on the 4th floor, but in a different wing. This one appears to be older and you have a standing shower in place of a bath tub.
The check in staff members were very courteous, efficient and helpful. Cindy drew out a map showing the various attractions and the route and suggested what we could do . The staff members at the restaurant were also friendly and solicitous. The restaurant is small but the ambience is good and the food delicious and the price reasonable!
Every time we returned to the hotel we were received with a smile and we haven't felt so welcome anywhere else.
We had booked the Halong Bay Cruise through the hotel and we left most of our luggage at the hotel.
We were truly amazed by the speed of service. When we asked for some coffee and milk for use in the room, a smiling person was at the door almost as soon as I put down the phone.
The breakfast buffet had a good variety and the staff would quietly advise you on contents of the dishes. There was separate menu for eggs, pancake and the like which were prepared to your taste.
When we returned from the cruise, my wife came down with a stomach cramp, caused perhaps by the shrimps that we had at lunch on board. One of the persons at the reception asked us to relax at the lobby and within a few minutes she was provided with a warm cup of ginger tea with lemon grass which is reported to be a good treatment for stomach cramp. he got the details of the cruise boat so that he could inform the cruise company about the after effects of the lunch
We were told that there were two rooms available in each wing but he advised us to take the one in the wing away from the main street and with a bath tub. It was Saturday night and the street outside is filled with low chairs for make shift cafes and beer bars. It was certainly noisy but the room was quiet.
The staff is the USP of the hotel. It is difficult to name any one person but Cindy, Grace and Ha at the reception and Thuy and Roxianne at the restaurant were truly outstanding.
The hotel car to the airport was delayed by a few minutes and Grace was apologetic and arranged for a cup iced coffee and warm coffee for us. The delay was all of ten minutes!!
We felt touched when Cindy and Ha came with the bellboy to the car to see us of with their smiling faces.
I wouldn't mind returning to Hanoi if only to stay at this hotel with wonderful staff and excellent service.

Stayed: March 2018