“awesome hostel!!!”

Central Backpackers Hostel - Original
Ranked #31 of 406 Speciality Lodging in Hanoi
Reviewed 26 March 2015

I stayed 10 days here, it was a great stay!!! It is close to great food and within walking distance to many of the sites. The staff are great and knowledgeable about this beautiful city and country. I recommend this place to anyone looking for the best I me in Ha Noi!!!!!

Room Tip: Great staff!!!!
  • Stayed: March 2015, travelled solo
1  Thank Norris R
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Central Backpackers Hostel - Original

Reviewed 24 March 2015

I used Central Backpacker's (the original location) as a home base for my time in northern Vietnam. I thought the staff was very helpful, especially Hung, who works the front desk during the day. She helped me book tours, gave great advice on what I should do, and made sure I was always receiving the best service. I did the Mai Chai Village homestay tour with them and I highly recommend it. The town was great and not that touristy, the food was amazing (I'm a vegetarian and they made dishes specially for me!) and the guide was really nice. I also did the Sapa tour, which was great , but I've heard it's better to just get a guide there because the locals get more money that way, rather than the tour company. I also book the Halong Bay tour and Hoa Lu - Tam Coc tour but cancelled due to rain (24 hours in advance) and got a full refund. The fact that you get a free breakfast for $5 a night is lovely. I like the breakfast, simple but good (bread, egg, banana, unlimited tea/coffee) and I appreciate that they offer such a service for such a low price. Of course the free beer from 7-8 is awesome. It's a great way to meet people and get a nice buzz going for the evening. The rooms are clean, have air-con, and a balcony. I highly highly recommend Central Backpacker's Hostel!

• Stayed: March 2015, travelled solo
1  Thank Leila B
Reviewed 16 March 2015 via mobile

Couldn't have asked for better really. Only actually booked one official night here and 2 at their sister hostel in the old quarter, but this was still my central hub in Hanoi. I lost my passport and needed to report it to the police, and the hostel gave me a translator to come to the police station with me, and provided me with some witty banter along the way. Hired a bike from here, used their internet and computer and they provided me with a taxi to the airport in my time of need. Free beer from 7-8 is an added bonus. They tend to attract some great travelers at this place who are up for a good craic and I would deffiently stay here again. The quality of the travelers here is epitomized by the fact that when my bank cancelled my card and I needed some cash, a random sweedish fella sorted me out with the money. All in all, would 100% recommend this place. Big up Huong, Chin and the rest of the team at CBH.

• Stayed: March 2015
1  Thank CharlieCrimin
Reviewed 15 March 2015

breakfast was ace. rooms were ace. staff were ace. price was ace.

Decided to stay at central backpackers before arrival and it was the right decsion. the hostel was very backpacker friendly and had a good vibe to it. they organised us a trip to ha long bay and allowed us to keep our heavy bags in stoarge whilst we were out in the halongbay

• Stayed: February 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank nathan m
Reviewed 9 March 2015

stayed 3 nights i had my own room on suite tv air con etc for a cheap price staff helpful the bar up stairs was a focal point for people to meet and drink free beer despite the building going on i had a great time in Hanoi and at this backpackers.

Room Tip: just pay a bit more for your own room
  • Stayed: February 2015, travelled solo