Hanoi Tirant Hotel
Essence Palace Hotel(Hanoi)
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
1,876 results
All reviewsrooftop barskyline restaurantlemongrass teaold quartergreat hotelhalong baybuilding worktop floorhoan kiem lakeperfect locationexecutive roombreakfast buffetstreet noisean upgradeno windowthe hustle and bustletravel agent
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 July 2012

While I spent most of my time in hanoi outside the hotel, it was a lovely place to call home during my stay. The staff, from the doorman to the reception desk were helpful and pleasant at all times. The staff at reception also had very good english skills. the breakfast was delicious with a nice selection of foods. The only downside is constuction noise from current renovations, but even with that I still think its an excellent hotel and excellent value. I would definately stay here again, its rare to find a staff this helpful in such a clean and comfortable hotel. well done tirant staff, thank you!

Room Tip: we had a room with a view of the street and had no issues with noise, however, any traveler should be aware hanoi is a busy, noisy, horn honking city, if you are looking for peace and quiet hanoi is not the destination.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank murrykirt
Reviewed 30 June 2012

Our first experience at this hotel but not our first trip to Vietnam. From the moment we arrived, the staff could not have done enough for us. Renovations were going on next door, not the fault of OUR HOTEL, but the staff already informed us that we could be moved to another hotel if we wished. Mind you the work only went on during the day when we were mostly out and about. Mandy, the concierge, was so gracious and helpful when we asked where a pharmacy was. My husband had developed conjunctivitis. Not only did Mandy come with us to a pharmacy just around the corner, she stayed with us while we were serviced and even had the Vietnamese directions for the eyedrops translated into English almost immediately. AND she even kept enquiring how my husband's eyes were during our stay. After a trip out to Halong Bay, we returned for another night at the Tirant. We were actually given the same room and also enjoyed the same friendliness and helpfulness. There is one thing to be said about clean rooms and a great location for hotels but for us, it's about the Vietnamese people. They just give so much of themselves and we learn so much from them. We even enjoyed our 'night caps' on the Rooftop even when it was partly covered in shadecloth. The Hanoi Tirant Hotel staff make this a great choice in Hanoi.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank hickster122
Reviewed 28 June 2012

Service goes a long way and the staff of this hotel is an example of delivering high quality service.

During our trip, we stayed on and off in Hanoi for a night to visit Sapa, Halong Bay, Luang Prabang and of course Hanoi itself. We stayed at the Tirant hotel every time we came back to Hanoi. At the time, the building next to the hotel was undergoing renovation. The Tirant staff was very helpful in making sure to minimize the construction noise by selecting rooms at the opposite side. This often meant we got an upgrade!

The staff as also very helpful in arranging car pick ups, visiting Hanoi attractions, etc. the breakfast here is much better than in most places we stayed in Vietnam.

In short, we definitely recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Onetufcookie
Reviewed 23 June 2012

After multiple stays at the Hotel Tirant during a five-week tour of Asia last year, I've spent some time reflecting on my experiences and have come to realize that I've never encountered a hotel staff more dedicated to customer service than at the Tirant.

Sales Manager Thomas Ngo reached out to me immediately after I booked our rooms to help us with tour bookings for Halong Bay and Sapa. He is knowledgeable, friendly and always helpful, even when things go awry during tours (typhoon in Halong Bay!). Hotel General Manager Vivian Nguyen was equally helpful and personable, making sure that her staff took care of any of our needs. The staff even carefully packaged the cobra wine that we purchased in the Old Quarter for our flight home, and then they emailed us after we arrived to check if the wine had made it!

Room service is quick and easy, and the breakfast buffet is excellent. Some of the breakfast items such as omelets and Viet dishes are made to order, which I loved.

The cleaning staff should be commended as well, since the Tirant is the cleanest hotel I've ever stayed in. The floor was gleaming! We joked that we could eat off the floor.

The hotel is located in the heart of the Old Quarter, which I thoroughly enjoyed as it was strange, busy and always interesting.

I definitely recommend the Hotel Tirant to anyone visiting Hanoi!

Room Tip: Stay on higher floors for less street noise.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank madcao
Reviewed 20 June 2012

For someone who has never been in Vietnam before and came on a budget, this was the PERFECT hotel. The staff was incredibly helpful, planned our entire trip to Halong Bay and the nearby snake village (they kill the Cobra in front of you before serving 8 interesting* snake dishes), and never had a problem helping with any issue. I would recommend this place 10 out of 10 times to friends and family. We were a group of 8, so we were quite demanding, and they could not have been more accommodating. We had an early flight where we had to leave before the delicious breakfast started, and they opened early just for us. It was acts like this that made our trip to Hanoi special. Thank you Tirant Hotel (especially Nancy).

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends