All reviews the club lounge business trip platinum member great hotel business district swimming pool main restaurant taxi ride hotel is located the hotel staff comfortable stay buffet breakfast short stay pho gym concierge internet
Reviewed 27 September 2018 via mobile

Wow I was blown away by the Club lounge benefits!! Evening canopy is great! Very nice pool and Spa will jacuzzi and sauna are free to access! Great quality rooms. Club lounge meeting rooms were great for me to have supplier meetings. Very polite and helpful staff. They helped me to arrange a taxi for me to return to the airport!
Always try not to use “hotel taxi service” as it seems double the price of normal taxi and when you ask for s taxi if you specify that then it’s fine.
Very spacious rooms!! I will definitely will return to this hotel

Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
Jakub S, Hotel Manager at Crowne Plaza West Hanoi, responded to this reviewResponded 28 September 2018

Dear C d,
Greetings from Crowne Plaza West Hanoi,
Thank you very much for sharing your experience from a recent stay with us. We loved your kind words about our rooms, outdoor pool as well as Lotus Spa. We’re so happy that you loved the Canapés and can’t wait to have you back at to enjoy our Club Floor benefits.
Thank you again for staying with us and liking our services.

Reviewed 16 September 2018 via mobile

Fastest check-in I have experienced in Vietnam so far. You can always see a smile from the concierge staff to the receptionist, spa staff and the F&B staff. I appreciated the fact that they didn’t automatically converse with me in Vietnamese or any Asian language; goes to show that standard consistency is there. The staff assisting me with my luggage didn’t make any forced small talks while in the lift. He instead excitedly informed me of the pool party they are having that afternoon (subtle upselling). For someone who used to be in the hospitality industry, I take notice of how sincere the smiles are coz it means they enjoy what they are doing.

The hotel is a short drive from downtown Hanoi that makes it perfect for a short respite if you want to get out of the city’s hussle and bussle.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends
Jakub S, Hotel Manager at Crowne Plaza West Hanoi, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2018

Dear cleoannemontesclaros,

Greetings from Crowne Plaza West Hanoi,

Thank you very much for giving us a positive feedback and great rating. We are so glad to hear that our colleagues have delivered a pleasant experience to you during the check-in. I will be sure to share your kind words with our concierge team, spa staff as well as F&B staff. Next time when you return to our Hotel, please do not hesitate to contact me via Jakub.Sippl@ihg.com as it would be my pleasure to assist you in making your next reservation as well as a "must go" list for you to visit in My Dinh area.
Thank you again for staying with us. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 14 September 2018

I stayed this hotel for two nights two years ago. I wrote a good review, which I thought this hotel well deserved. It was published at Crown Plaza website. The comment was propmptly replied by the manager. I stayed at this hotel again on 30 August 2018 for one night. Everywhere I went I met with evidence of deterioration. What infuritated me most was that they started to speak Mandarin to any Chinese-looking or Chinese-sounding guests.

p.s. I wrote an identical comment to Crown Plaza Website and expectedly, my comment was not published.

Room Tip: Higher floor
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled solo
Jakub S, Hotel Manager at Crowne Plaza West Hanoi, responded to this reviewResponded 15 September 2018

Dear Mr Wong,

Thank you for your feedback on this platform. I am sorry that your stay wasn't up to your standards and that you feel the hotel is deteriorating.

I can assure you that IHG is not screening any feedback and if you would post any comment it would appear on IHG reviews, I have checked and I didn't find any, therefore I understand your frustration and need to give us feedback on Tripadvisor. We sure reply to all of the received feedback.

I apologize that our team member assumed that you are mandarin speaking when talking to you on the phone, there were no bad intentions. We have a number of Mandarin-speaking guests who don't speak English and in your case, our team member just made a bad judgment as the team member was trying to make the phone calls easier. We have already explained the sensitivity of this case to the whole team to prevent this from happening in the future.

I would love to hear more from you in what way you found our hotel is deteriorating and to ensure that next time staying with us, we can look after you. I would encourage you to pass your feedback during your stay next time, so we can take immediate action and improve your experience.

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly on jakub.sippl@ihg.com

Best Regards,

Reviewed 7 September 2018

I was in town for a conference at the Convention Center that was 15-20 minutes away, depending on traffic. The room was comfortable and the staff friendly and helpful. A few days before I was scheduled to arrive, I was contacted to confirm what I needed and to arrange airport transportation. As several other reviewers mentioned, they have a great buffet for both breakfast and lunch at their restaurant on the first floor and service is fantastic. I also had access to the Club Lounge on the 24th floor. It was a good place to work, and they offer snacks and drinks for tea time and happy hour. I'd definitely recommend staying here, especially if you need to go to the Convention Center.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
Jakub S, Hotel Manager at Crowne Plaza West Hanoi, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2018

Dear littlewhitefrog,
Greetings from Crowne Plaza West Hanoi Hotel,
Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your stay! I am glad that you received a great care from our colleagues and you satisfied with the room and the hotels's services. Also,your kind words regarding buffets at our Lackah Restaurant as well as the comfort zone at Club Lounge on 24th Floor is really made our day. Thank you again for all of your compliment on us, we do hope to see you around the corner soon for your next business trip.

Reviewed 21 August 2018

It may take you about more than half an hour (no traffic jam) to get to the city centre from the hotel. The rest will be shown as follows:

Room - 10/10 (very quiet, clean, modern, full of amenities and facilities)
Service - 10/10
Location - 1/10 (but we accept it)

The best thing will be the buffet. A lot of food choices varied from Western to Asian cuisine.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank LWilson1125
Jakub S, Hotel Manager at Crowne Plaza West Hanoi, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2018

Dear LWilson1125,
Thank you very much for your amazing rating and your honest feedback about our room, service, and buffet. Our location is in the business district and it might farther out of the downtown, however there are some hidden gems in our area. Therefore, please do not hesitate to contact me @ "jakub.sippl@ihg.com" before your next booking, I will ensure we direct you to the right places.
Thank you again and have a good day!