New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Old Hanoi Restaurant
Ranked #888 of 2,044 Restaurants in Hanoi
Price range: US$ 10 - US$ 25
Cuisines: Asian, Vietnamese
Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly, Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
New York City, New York
“Really??? I would not want my name associated with this place!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2012

First, we were a group 7 people with a reservation. They seated us in a "private" room where the decoration was all but below average. The chairs were beaten and very uncomfortable and, the room was dirty. It was cold in Hanoi that night and the room had no heating so they tried to bring some comfort with a portable heater. The menus were dirty, stained and breaking down. The food was ok, the famous Gordon Ramsey ribs were not impressive and not good. My friend ordered praws to share, it came it out to be a single prawn! And to top it all, a cat was walking around the room during the entire dinner, and urinated on the floor next to our table. Good thing we were done eating by the time it happened. So why would Gordon have his name associated with this establishment is a mystery for me!

• Visited February 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

• Korean first
  • Vietnamese first
Hong Kong, China
“Disappointed.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2012

The restaurant was launched by Gordon Ramsey. So I thought it must be good. The restaurant was nicely decorated with Ramsey's photo taken presumably with the owner placed near the entrance. We had our dinner reservation around 7pm which was not late at all. But 2 of the 4 veg dishes we tried to order were not available. In fact, I've tasted them elsewhere the day before. The food we had was so so, average. Not worth Ramsey's name on it.

Visited February 2012
1 Thank kotrav
Grantham, New Hampshire
“Good Vietnamese Menu.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2012

Very good food, reasonable choices. Be sure to go upstairs. Crowded and noisy; great ambiance.

Visited March 2012
1 Thank SEAsiaVeteran
Ladysmith, Canada
“A real taste of Vietnam”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2012

Had a seven course dinner for 2 at Old Hanoi Restaurant. Every course was excellent and the service was perfect. Highly recommend this restaurant.

• Visited February 2012
1 Thank trekkingsenior
tulum
“Excellent authentic Vietnamese food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 February 2012

I found the quality of the dishes excellent. The restaurant is in an authentic old French Villa which adds ambience to match the food. I was very happy that I chose to visit this gem.

Visited February 2012