“Great help & advice”

Hanoi Rendezvous Hotel
Ranked #63 of 599 Hotels in Hanoi
Reviewed 30 March 2012

Was recommended this place by a friend of the owners. Very happy. On the right side of the lake, in the Old Quarter, less than 10 minute walk from the lake and beer street and restaurants and market if you can negotiate the motorbikes! Got a room at the front with balcony, loads of room, good night's sleep. Great to have options at breakfast, good coffee. Great staff, really helpful with booking tours etc and was offered left luggage and a shower on my return from Halong Bay even though I was checked out. Would stay again if a slightly younger crowd could be attracted here. Free internet too. On the pricier side of what I've paid at other places (airport pickup $18) but feel it was worth the money as I felt safe and secure and looked after here :)

Reviewed 29 March 2012

I'm a young solo backpacker, and I can say this place isn't exactly what I was originally looking for in accommodation

HOWEVER

the whole place is of excellent quality at an excellent price. The rooms are modern (the most modern bathroom I've had in Asia yet) and no bunk beds in the mixed dorm!! The free Breakfast is good value, and I had a great night sleep - probably a good thing I wasn't at a party hostel, as I think I needed it.

The staff - first night I got there I struck some idiot woman, who also got me worried that my Sapa tour hadn't been booked like I had been told - then I met Anh the next morning in person. She had been excellent before my arrival helping me book tours as I was only in Vietnam for a short time, and in person she was even better. We even found one my Ha Long Bay tour at a discounted price through another tour company, so she bargained them down to do it for her aswell.

Location is great.

I would recommend this for travelers of any background, but keep in mind this is not a party place if that's what you're chasing

Reviewed 20 March 2012

I was told that if you came back late you just knocked on the door and someone would open for you. Well, I came back at 2 am and starts knocking on the door. Nobody opens. I continue knocking for about 15-20 minutes the hardest I can, still nobody opens... I take out my phone to try and call the hotel, no answer... Then three persons on scooters come up to me and rob me of my phone! Now I am panicking and almost breaks the glas, then they finally hear me and opens up.
The next day they tell me to change room because they forgot that I was staying for two nights.
The day after I ask them to give me wakeup call so I would reach my flight since I now had no phone. Of course; they forgot! Luckily I woke up by my self 15 min past that time.
The hotel is nice and central but this is just too much.

5  Thank Hilde H
Reviewed 20 March 2012

The staff at Hanoi Rendezvous are fantastic. They're so friendly and helpful. Everything about the hotel was fantastic: room, bathroom, the free breakfast, the location. Can't recommend it enough. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 February 2012

This Hotel was good in all ways I could evaluate a place to stay: Good location, Confortable and clean beds, nice shared bathroom, staff always around to answer questions and whatever you may need, computers with internet you can use for free and a nice breakfast included. And the best, all for a very good price! I really recommend for other people to stay there!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo