Hanoi Rendezvous Hotel
US$ 370
US$ 281
  • Pool
1,249 results
All reviewshalong bayold quarterspring rollstrain ticketsfree breakfastdorm roomair conno liftcat ba islandbudget hotelclean roomsbook toursstreet foodairport pickupstayed here for nightsfree beerfriendly hotel
Reviewed 27 February 2012

This Hotel was good in all ways I could evaluate a place to stay: Good location, Confortable and clean beds, nice shared bathroom, staff always around to answer questions and whatever you may need, computers with internet you can use for free and a nice breakfast included. And the best, all for a very good price! I really recommend for other people to stay there!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank PietroBertuzzi
Reviewed 24 February 2012

My husband and I stayed one night in Feb of 2012. I had made a reservation for the room and an airport pick-up. In prior correspondence I had asked if the hotel could book for me (with me paying a commission, of course) the bus-boat-bus to Cat Ba island, two train tickets up and back to Sapa, and water puppet tickets. Two out of three I could have done online but it's cheaper to do these things on the ground. Because our time was limited in Hanoi it made best sense to me to pay a commission to the hotel and have our time freed up. They never committed to any of these things instead asking me to wire money. That seemed to complicate things so I figured we'd just do it ourselves on arrival.

Our flight was delayed and I had wifi in the HCMC terminal and kept Rendezvous posted. The driver was there when we arrived two hours late! I was so glad. The hotel is right in Old Town, walking distance from great sites. The rooms are prettier than the photos show. I found it perfectly quiet, especially if we closed our balcony doors. Getting a balcony is a treat though! Perfect way to watch the madness of Hanoi streets below.

When we checked in I confirmed that they hadn't made any of the arrangements we'd discussed via email. They said I should do them myself. We immediately went to get water puppet tickets and thankfully they hadn't sold out. We spent the rest of the day exploring Hanoi, and early in the morning they called a cab for us to get our bus-boat-bus tickets to Cat Ba. Before we left they said they had booked the sleeper train to Sapa for us. They hadn't said they would do it-- I thought we would have to-- but I agreed to the price and paid for that with our room before leaving for Cat Ba. When I paid I saw they also charged us for water puppet tickets we had never received. I pointed this out and the charge was taken off immediately. Apparently they had bought us the tickets but when we arrived a new woman was on who didn't check, or somehow missed it. They were very apologetic. I'm sure it was a little worse for them because they were left holding tickets. I was grateful they didn't fight me on the charge, but it would have been nice to have had those tickets to begin with!

When we returned from Cat Ba we had an afternoon to kill before our train to Sapa. They kindly allowed us to leave our luggage in a locked room while we explored more of Hanoi. We got our train tickets and asked if we could pay someone to help us get on the train. If you don't speak or read Vietnamese the train station is a bit confusing. They said the taxi would and it would be fine. The taxi driver dropped us at the station and that was it. A hawker did take us onto our train cab but then he wouldn't leave until we kept upping our tip. I would try to find someone to get you on the train.

I had told Rendezvous that we were catching an 8 am flight to DaNang from Hanoi Monday, the day we arrived from Sapa. They said our train would arrive at 6 am and we would be fine. Somehow they booked us on a commuter train that didn't arrive until 7 am. We hightailed it to a cab and to the airport, but we missed the flight. Thankfully Vietnam Airlines was able to put us on a flight two hours later. However, if we'd been on the regular train we would have made it easily.

I would still stay at Rendezvous again, but I wouldn't use them to book anything!

Room Tip: A lot of people talk about how noisy Vietnam is. It's certainly lively but I never had a bad night's sleep! If you're a good sleeper get a room with a balcony. The view is great!
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 February 2012

Fully support and reinforce previous positive reviews; the staff were welcoming and helpful, the accommodation basic but clean and very comfortable (bonus that the price includes breakfast). The travel agent service within the hotel was fantastic in booking our trips- they essentially tailor-made our entire holiday which was all sorted on our first day (& not easy considering it was Chinese New Year!) Everything ran smoothly and efficiently with us being escorted to our cabin on the train and being picked up outside of exact coach upon our return. We noted that in comparison to others we spoke to our Sapa tour (with homestay) had been of a considerably higher standard.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 February 2012

We got 3 nites stay in Rendezvous hotel ( 13/2 - 16/3). We was enjoyable to stay there.The staff was very nice and always smile with us, specially Ms. Kieu Anh, she very helpful. That is the first time we go to Ha Noi,but she help us to make reservation by email, give us early C/I ( because the room is available), we was appreciate about that. And the tour to HaLong bay with the guide was very funny.
The room was clean & large. We got value for our money. Thanks for helping us. We was had a great stay in Ha Noi.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 February 2012

For what we paid, we certainly got value for money.
We enjoyed the area, certainly busy and bustling! Short walk to bier hoi areas and the lake.
We asked for a twin room and got a room with 1 double and 1 single bed. Bathroom was large and generally fine, fairly clean. We just needed the room to pass out and sleep in so it was fine for what we needed!
Breakfast was good, varied choices but service was a little slow which was a consideration when having to leave early.
We took their recommendations as matched a friends for Halong Bay and they booked everything and were ok for us to leave bags there as well.
Reception staff friendly and helpful in calling taxis.
There was no safe, which we would have liked and no lift, which was fine for us but if you've got super heavy bags might be an issue!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends