Hanoi Imperial Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Restaurant
  • Breakfast included
All reviewshoan kiem lakegreat locationhalong bayold quarterhang hanh streetside streetquiet streethotel is locatedtour deskwater puppetsbreakfast buffetlarge bathroomphothe hotel stafftourist attractionsrestaurants and shopseach morning
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Truely excellent service with very helpful staff that will walk the extra mile. Staff helped us to book and verify transport to Sapa, Ha long bay and Ninh Binh. Also they assisted us with finding goods and crucial services in the city. Hotel rooms are clean and very comfortable and the breakfast is truely world class. Highly recommended value for money accommodation.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank André C
LeeNguyen91, General Manager at Hanoi Imperial Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear Mr. Andre C,
Thank you so much for your wonderful review and for sharing your experience on Trip Advisor. It is our pleasure to have you as our beloved guest and hear that you did have an enjoyable time. Providing a warm hospitality experience and personal attention to each of our guests is the highest priority and we feel so touched that our effort was recognized. I will proudly share your kind compliments with our entire team and that will definitely make our day. After all, we would like to express our heartfelt gratitude for your feedback and we look forward to being your home one more time in your next visit.
Wishing you good health, happiness, and success in your life!

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

The Hanoi Imperial is exceptionally well-placed for the old town, set as it is on the fringes in a quiet, narrow street, though still perfectly accessible to taxis. It is mere minutes from the hurly-burly of the old town, yet in a quiet corner and equidistant from the charm of the walk circumnavigating Hoan Kiem Lake, especially enjoyable in the early morning when spying on the tai chi, keep fit and jive classes cavorting along it banks. The location is very safe.

The reception staff are lovely: welcoming, always smiley and very helpful, with doormen springing to open the doors as you pass outside. If you need a reasonably-priced taxi, one will appear in minutes, with a sensible meter rate (beware even taxis with meters hailed out on the street as different companies operate different tariffs on the meters, as we found out to our cost on one occasion). Restaurant staff (for breakfast only) are just as friendly and attentive, and I would here particularly like to thank Chang whose warm-heartedness made every breakfast an encounter with an old friend.

Breakfast is very good. The hotel does not have the widest choice we enjoyed on our three-and-a-half week trip in the country, but it was more than adequate. There was a good choice of eggs done many ways, or traditional pho bo, with many other cold options on offer too.

We stayed here on two separate occasions during our trip. Both rooms were clean. Showers and en-suite were good. Wifi was pretty good, and staff kindly printed out e-tickets for me in case wifi did not work at Hanoi Airport check-in, which it didn't.

Why is it not excellent? Both rooms were a bit faded and I think the rooms need a refresh. A small point in addition: change your soap supplier as it is too soft and breaks up too readily.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Sir./Madame,
Thank you for your wonderful review of your recent stay during Hanoi Imperial Hotel.
I greatly appreciate the time you took to share your comments. We are so thrilled to hear you took advantage of our central location, satisfied with thoughtful staff, enjoyed with our delicious breakfast... and that overall you had a fantastic experience. The Hanoi Imperial staffs are highly motivated to deliver top quality service that leaves a good lasting impression to the guest, and it is with pleasure to hear that we were able to provide you with excellent service from Reception to F&B staff. After all, we much appreciate your feedback about the soap in the room. It is a pleasure to inform that we found another soap supplier with higher quality. For sure that, we will improve our services in order to offer an even better accommodation experience day by day.
We are looking forward for your next staying in the near future.
Warm regards,

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We stayed here on our first night in Vietnam, the room was spacious, clean and airy, however I was concerned that the bath was not connected to the wall, it rocked a bit and I was worried that if I had a shower that I would potentially soak the floor, later on our tour we found this to be a common theme, I think the floors are completely tiled and are more like wet rooms with a bath added.The bed was very comfortable, but noisy, we found the further south in the country we traveled the hard the beds got. We were amused to find tips on how to cross the road in Hanoi, which were in fact invaluable, cross with confidence, don't step backwards.
If you like coffee I think you will like it in Hanoi, try with the condensed milk at the bottom, also with an egg yolk mixed in the milk, strange but not unpleasant, I really got a taste for the coffee and condensed milk, minus the egg yolk.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
LeeNguyen91, Tổng giám đốc at Hanoi Imperial Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear Mr. BucksFreckles,
First of all, we would like to send you our warmest greeting and big thanks for choosing us as a first accommodation in Hanoi. According to your sharing, we acknowledged that our hotel is not the newest one in this area, but we strongly believe that: with our advantage of location, well-trained staff and renovate our rooms and keep regular maintenance, our guest will be served great services.
We highly appreciate your precious feedback and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future. Thank you once again and wish you all the best!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My name is KIm Giho from South Korea. In mid-January 2018, I made a trip to Hanoi with my youngest son and nephew. We stayed at the hotel, and their service was fantastic. The facility has been remodeled, but only if there is something to be desired. However, we were satisfied considering the rate. It was my third visit to Hanoi and my second stop at the hotel. Before scheduling, I contacted the person in charge by email to arrange for maximum convenience and accommodation, as well as to kindly adjust my meticulous checks and changes to my appointments. Especially during my stay, they cared for me when I suffered from a bad cold. Considering the friendly staffs and their goodwill, I would be willing to visit the hotel in Hanoi again.
I am really grateful to the staffs at the hotel for the pleasant memories.
P.S.
As hair rinse is not provided, it is recommended that Korean tourists bring their own hair rinse if needed.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank s0few

Dear Mr. Kim Giho,
On behalf of Hanoi Imperial Hotel team, I would like to send our great thanks for taking a moment to share experience after your stay with us. We were so pleasured to host you at our hotel and extremely happy to have the loyal guest like you.
According to your sharing, we were honored to be a part of your enjoyable trip, especially to get your compliment for the service that we provide and for our enthusiastic and friendly staff. Thanks to your kindness, all staff at Hanoi Imperial hotel were encouraged to keep working hard to pursue the goal of bringing our guests remarkable trips; therefore, it will be great if we have the chance to serve not only you and your son but also your family, friends... again in the near future. We are all looking forward to your coming back. Wish you all the best,
Warm regards,

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The location is in the city center, has many shops nearby and some tourist attractions
The staff is friendly and has quick responses
The room is okay, enough for 3 persons
The food, I haven't tried it yet. They don't serve halal food

Room Tip: Good location
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
LeeNguyen91, Tổng giám đốc at Hanoi Imperial Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Mrs. Ernovilinda E,
Thank you very much for choosing Hanoi Imperial Hotel for your recent visit to Vietnam. We are delighted to hear that you had a nice stay and found out the hotel location, services to your liking. Continuously, we will improve our breakfast in order to offer an even better experience for all our guests.
Once again, we would like to express our heartfelt gratitude for your feedback and we are looking forward to being your home one more time in the near future.