“Please don't listen to the good reviews...”

Rising Dragon Grand Hotel
Ranked #129 of 581 Hotels in Hanoi
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
“Please don't listen to the good reviews...”
Reviewed 8 January 2012

I'm so confused by the positive reviews from the other guests. Granted, the service was good, but that hardly makes up for the old, dirty, yellow tinted sheets and over-used, stained towels. I was so worried that I would catch something from sleeping in the hotel beds. After taking a shower, I hesitated drying myself off with their towels lest I dirty myself again with their unsanitary towels.

The heater kept making loud noises throughout the night. And there were mosquitos and/or fleas that kept biting me throughout the night. Let's just say that it was the worst night's sleep I've ever had.

My recommendation, look elsewhere. This hotel isn't worth the money.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Rancho Cucamonga, California
Reviewed 4 January 2012

We were originally booked into the Rising Dragon Hotel. However, after being picked up at the airport by the hotel and brought to the Rising Dragon Hotel the manager explained that there was a problem with the hot water heater so they were moving us. I freaked out a bit, thinking it was some sort of scam, but it all worked out well. They moved us to what was then called Rising Dragon II (now Rising Dragon Grand), which was quite nice. The bed was pretty hard, but that's common for Asia. Room was very clean, breakfast was delicious, and staff was very friendly and helpful! They kept our bags for us when we went to Ha Long Bay even though we didn't book the trip through them. There was a computer in the room, which was a nice extra, and plenty of hot water.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Charlene P
Reviewed 27 December 2011

Our family of four have just returned from 3 weeks in Vietnam. Our first stay was at the Raising Dragon 2. The hotel was great and the breakfast was wonderful. It has a very personal atmosphere and the staff could not be friendlier which was much appreciated as our kids took a bit of time to adjust to the whole vietman experience.

We had also organized a cruise on halong bay through the hotel. We were very lucky with the weather and this proved to be delightful. All in all I have no hesitation recommending this family run business to anyone interested in staying in Hanoi.

• Stayed December 2011
2 Thank Morrishfamily
New York City, New York
Reviewed 18 December 2011

Wonderful staff - very polite and nice. Front desk receptionist was very helpful with recommendations and directions. Great stay. The staff made everything so easy. I can't get over our visit. It was incredible. Clean rooms, perfect location and delicious, strong coffee and breakfast (extra price to hotel rate, but worth it - still affordable). I loved this hotel. Thank you, Rising Dragon II!

Room Tip: Wifi is available in rooms with a password, but sometimes the connection is easier in the main lobby...
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank goeastfromhere
KL
Reviewed 10 December 2011

One of the best customers service I ever had with a hotel. Reached the hotel at early 9am and I got a free breakfast, free map (nice map with recommendations on food) on Hanoi and free advice on traveling from the staff. As I was going to stay for 3 nights, I even got a free airport pickup. Sadly, there was no free airport drop off even I extended my stay for another 3 nights, but they packed me a little breakfast at early 6am for my early flight home. The hotel room itself was comfortable enough with flat cable TV and computer with internet. Staffs were nice and helpful. Located in the old quarter at the street where they sell wedding cards. Walking destination to the St Joseph's Cathedral - 8 mins, lake 10 -15mins, Citadel - 20 mins, HCM Mausolium - 25 mins.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled solo